Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So the latest Beyond Our Ice is out, and it follows the guys as they spend an off day doing a team building exercise. The guys all seem into it for the most part except for one who seems rather over it as the race goes on. It's Greenway. Now, normally I'd laugh at his comments. I like the guy. Nothing personal. But knowing what we know now about him showing up late and/or missing a practice, these segments are just screaming to me and not in a good way. Start at about the 13:30 mark.

Reactions: Minnesota

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Next 8 games should be a pretty good indication of what type of team we have this year. All 8 games are gonna be tough.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

P10p

May 15, 2012
So the latest Beyond Our Ice is out, and it follows the guys as they spend an off day doing a team building exercise. The guys all seem into it for the most part except for one who seems rather over it as the race goes on. It's Greenway. Now, normally I'd laugh at his comments. I like the guy. Nothing personal. But knowing what we know now about him showing up late and/or missing a practice, these segments are just screaming to me and not in a good way. Start at about the 13:30 mark.

Thought the exact same thing when I watched this episode. Guy was getting tired just walking around.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Next 8 games should be a pretty good indication of what type of team we have this year. All 8 games are gonna be tough.
Agreed. Here are the numbers for our top 9 over the last 10 games:
Kaprizov 12 points
Eriksson Ek 10 points
Zuccarello 9 points
Boldy 7 points

….

Gaudreau 4 points
Steel 4 points (no points in the last 7(!) games)
Hartman 3 points
Foligno 2 points
Greenway 0 points

I think they should bench Greenway. He’s just not where he needs to be at the moment. Put Duhaime in his spot. Shaw back in with Dewar and Reaves. Reaves has as many or more points over the last 10 than Foligno and Greenway. That says a lot to me about Foligno and Greenway.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Agreed. Here are the numbers for our top 9 over the last 10 games:
Kaprizov 12 points
Eriksson Ek 10 points
Zuccarello 9 points
Boldy 7 points

….

Gaudreau 4 points
Steel 4 points (no points in the last 7(!) games)
Hartman 3 points
Foligno 2 points
Greenway 0 points

I think they should bench Greenway. He’s just not where he needs to be at the moment. Put Duhaime in his spot. Shaw back in with Dewar and Reaves. Reaves has as many or more points over the last 10 than Foligno and Greenway. That says a lot to me about Foligno and Greenway.
Hear me out: Kaprizov + Addison + Greenway + 1st for Bedard. Seems like it’s way too much value but I think it actually gives us a better chance to win a championship. Bedard for 20 years down the middle vs making Kaprizov the highest paid player in the league at 29 (and I have a feeling that might be what it would take).

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hear me out: Kaprizov + Addison + Greenway + 1st for Bedard. Seems like it’s way too much value but I think it actually gives us a better chance to win a championship. Bedard for 20 years down the middle vs making Kaprizov the highest paid player in the league at 29 (and I have a feeling that might be what it would take).
No one does that deal. Kaprizov + Spurgeon + 1sr would work for some teams like TOR and EDM who are desperate for a Cup now, but those teams are unlikely to be picking anywhere around #1 oa.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
No one does that deal. Kaprizov + Spurgeon + 1sr would work for some teams like TOR and EDM who are desperate for a Cup now, but those teams are unlikely to be picking anywhere around #1 oa.
Yeah you’re right. I can live in fantasy land though, right?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Rossi will

ok...

If we get rid of Steel (to whom I was referring to) AND Gaudreau. Who centers Boldy and Walker? Hartman? I don't hate that idea, but I think Gaudreau would be a better fit.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Zuccarello
Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Boldy - ? - Walker
Reaves/Shaw - Dewar - Duhaime

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
ok...

If we get rid of Steel (to whom I was referring to) AND Gaudreau. Who centers Boldy and Walker? Hartman? I don't hate that idea, but I think Gaudreau would be a better fit.

Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Boldy - ? - Walker
The fit difference isn't great enough for me to worry about. Neither is good enough for a scoring line anyway.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
ok...

Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Boldy - ? - Walker
Hartman’s fine there. Gaudreau is going to want too much to afford with Gus’ extension. They need Khusnutdinov to come over in the 24-25 season after Hartman’s contract.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ok...

Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Boldy - ? - Walker
I like Gaudreau far more as a C in that situation. He is a far more solid, dependable player. Gaudreau should be getting quite the raise this summer, though, so if he fetches too much on the open market (I think he’d be crazy to not take the best offer, at his age, because he’s never made much of anything) he might not be an option.

Walker can play C, but I am guessing that they see him as an offensively inclined W.

I am not a fan of Steel, but at his present cap hit he is ok playing in the bottom six somewhere. He has kind of an anonymous game, but he’s fast, can play C, is not terrible defensively.

I think that Hartman has been really, really awful this year, and is actively hurting the team when he is on the ice. The difference between last year and this year is huge… it’s like his brain is malfunctioning. I know that Guerin wants to keep him for his cheap cap hit and tough play, but …he’s f***ing awful… blows my mind that he had 34 goals last year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The fit difference isn't great enough for me to worry about. Neither is good enough for a scoring line anyway.

Actually I've seen Gaudreau there long enough now to know I'd rather go in with a question mark there than have him pencilled in. Gaudreau doesn't fit next to Boldy.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad