Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
ok...

If we get rid of Steel (to whom I was referring to) AND Gaudreau. Who centers Boldy and Walker? Hartman? I don't hate that idea, but I think Gaudreau would be a better fit.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Zuccarello
Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Boldy - ? - Walker
Reaves/Shaw - Dewar - Duhaime
You can toss that 2nd line in the dumpster.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Boldy's line went from bad to worse, he'll have to do things alone.
Shouldn't let Fiala go.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
My initial thoughts are that Dean will try anything except for something that might actually change anything

Seriously, sit Reaves and give Boldy someone to play with
I get putting Steel with Greenway and Foligno would not be a great line, but thinking Ek with Boldy even if it is Freddy on the wing seems like something a guy would want to try to ignite scoring. Ek going to the dirty areas, and Freddy is a decent distributor... could lead back to some golden opportunities for Bolds.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What happened to Brodin?
Impending trade. Quick, someone start the trade board thread! :sarcasm:

My initial thoughts are that Dean will try anything except for something that might actually change anything

Seriously, sit Reaves and give Boldy someone to play with
I like that Russo and LaPanta were starting to float the idea of Rossi getting a call up. I think it’s time to give him another shot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello
Boldy-Ek-Walker
Foligno-Hartman-Duhaime
Shaw-Dewar-whoever

2023-24

No need to overcomplicate anything
Too lazy to do the math, but that looks like it would might allow us a bit of cap space, especially if Goligoski gets fed up and asks to be traded/retires, and we replace him with a young guy.
I might consider moving Dewar up to the third line…I like the way he plays.
Hartman can screw around on the 4th line till he earns a chance to play higher in the lineup

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Too lazy to do the math, but that looks like it would might allow us a bit of cap space, especially if Goligoski gets fed up and asks to be traded/retires, and we replace him with a young guy.
I might consider moving Dewar up to the third line…I like the way he plays.
Hartman can screw around on the 4th line till he earns a chance to play higher in the lineup

Depends on a lot of things.

Kaprizov 9M - Rossi 863k - Zuccarello 6M
Boldy 7M - Ek 5.25M - Walker 855k
Foligno 3.1M - Hartman 1.7M - Duhaime 1.3M
Shaw 900k
- Dewar 800k - Heinen 1.1M
Petan 763k

Brodin 6M - Faber 900k
Middleton 2.45M - Spurgeon 7.58M
Merrill 1.2M - Addison 2.5M
Goligoski 2M

Gustavsson 2.5M
Fleury 3.5M

Red are the guys I signed of course.

This is with losing Dumba and Greenway with no cap coming back.

This roster is about 82M. They might be able to open up about 1M more if some of my signings were high. Obviously more still if they can manage to replace guys like Goligoski and Fleury with cheaper players, but I'm not holding my breath there.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They keep recycling the same guys.... none of which are a legit #1 center... you're never going to get a great result.

Nothing to do about the second part, but yeah, change stuff up. "Oh let's reunite this trio that was already together a few weeks ago and didn't work", "let's reunite GREEF despite the fact it hasn't worked all season", "let's put Steel back with Boldy and see if there's something there". It's all just retreads.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
We don’t have anyone better at the moment.
Exactly this. Hartman has been abysmal this year, but I'm all for putting him back on the first line. He won't be any worse than Steel, and maybe it works. I'm way more annoyed about Ek continuing to be wasted with Foligno and Greenway. That line (or a line with one of Greenway or one of foligno) is a shadow of what it was the last couple years, and it's not Eks fault... put him with boldy for a few games and let's see what happens.

Signed: An unashamed Ek fanboy

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
We don't, agreed and that is Billy G's fault.
And fenton. And Fletcher. It's f***ing bananas that this hasn't been addressed in decades. But the fault doesn't lay at big balls' feet alone.

I honestly think that Guerins plan when he got hired was to buy out parise and suter and just white knuckle it until the dead cap is gone.

Which makes me hope that there is a plan when the buyouts are gone

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And fenton. And Fletcher. It's f***ing bananas that this hasn't been addressed in decades. But the fault doesn't lay at big balls' feet alone.

I honestly think that Guerins plan when he got hired was to buy out parise and suter and just white knuckle it until the dead cap is gone.

For the current roster? It's Billy G's more than anyone else's.

Fletcher had both Granlund and Koivu, so it's understandable. Billy has had 3 offseasons since being hired late in the offseason in 2019... and he has still done next to nothing to address it. Our center position has only gotten worse under his watch.

Trying to "white knuckle it" through Kap's prime years seems like a terrible idea.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
For the current roster? It's Billy G's more than anyone else's.

Fletcher had both Granlund and Koivu, so it's understandable. Billy has had 3 offseasons since being hired late in the offseason in 2019... and he has still done next to nothing to address it. Our center position has only gotten worse under his watch.

Trying to "white knuckle it" through Kap's prime years seems like a terrible idea.

Fenton had Staal, JEE, Koivu, Donato, Sturm, Hartman, Rask and Kunin. Drafted McBain, Dewar, Giroux, and Khovanov. Traded away Granny and Coyle as rentals.

He didn't hit big on anything, but he didn't make the team barren at the center position.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021

The way this organization runs things we still be average after the buyouts.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Over the last 10 years the Wild rank 7th in the NHL by points percentage. 6th if you count only teams that have played those entire 10 years. They've actually been pretty well above average. You're gonna hate average.

The playoffs have been inexplicably bad for the Wild, and don't match the much larger sample size of the regular seasons. Every team ahead of them has won a Cup (all of them...) or been to the Finals (...except Vegas).

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Well see. I'm actually pretty optimistic. I have to imagine Guerin sold a plan when he came on board. Lots of wasted $ on Parise and Suter buyouts. Plus, our prospects are strong. Wallstedt could, singlehandedly, be enough to alter our direction. I still have faith rossi ends up an impact C. And... I'm hoping guerin has been whispering his grand plan in Kaps ear the past couple years to keep him interested. What can I say, I'm an optimist.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
or been to the Finals (...except Vegas).
Wasn't Vegas in the finals in their first year?

They were
1675828698652.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad