Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Would the Oilers be better off with Suter instead of Keith?
depending on the cap hit on his next contract, easily yes.

As for the topic, Minny tanking for these next 2 drafts would be 5head. They come out with Kap, Boldy, Rossi and 2 high picks from the next 2 drafts? look out

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I'm really trying to understand this, what am I missing?

This has to be one of the worst decisions I've seen in the last decade. If it was for Dumba, you PAY to have seattle not take him, regardless of the price (because its less than 14mil in dead cap even for just ONE YEAR) or you do whatever you need to before buying out BOTH at this ridiculous hit.

Lets just say for arguments sake, they had a clause where if one is bought out, the other must be too, it still DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE to justify those cap penalties.

someone help me understand the absurdity here.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Whoa just saw the buyout breakdown and it's showing 12-15M in years 2, 3 and 4.

That means the wild will be operating with a salary cap in the high 60s range instead of 81.5 like other teams for 2023, 2024, and 2025.

Seems like a crazy thing to do but they are fortunate that Boldy, Rossi and whoever they get if they tank these years won't be needing deals until after those years.

Only Fiala and Kaprizov are major players who need new deals at the moment for the Wild

Greenway, Sturm, and Kahkonen need their extension next season. Dumba's and Talbot's contract, as well as Boldy's ELC expires after the 22-23 season. Rossi's will expire the following season. Both of those seasons are where the Wild will be assessed the $15M in dead cap. Going to be very difficult to keep a core group of players through that final season.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
A. You're right probably not, many people with money don't want to live in Edmonton
B. They have limited cap so likely not
C. How does having Keith, who plays the exact same spot in the lineup, impact Suter's desire to go there? If anything it's the opposite.

This is some galaxy brain stuff in your post.

A. I know i am
B. Holland already said he has $ set aside for Larsson incase he decides to resign.
C. Nurse can play RHD also. D man switch all the time. Suter is a top pair and Keith is already been confirmed for 2nd. Not the same position at all

If you're gonna try and rip Edmonton, atleast have a clue

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
With the Isles having been rumored in on trading for Parise at the deadline two seasons ago, and the Lou connection, you have to think the Island is a strong possible destination for Zach.

Wonder how Suter liked playing for Trotz back in the day?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I'm really trying to understand this, what am I missing?

This has to be one of the worst decisions I've seen in the last decade. If it was for Dumba, you PAY to have seattle not take him, regardless of the price (because its less than 14mil in dead cap even for just ONE YEAR) or you do whatever you need to before buying out BOTH at this ridiculous hit.

Lets just say for arguments sake, they had a clause where if one is bought out, the other must be too, it still DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE to justify those cap penalties.

someone help me understand the absurdity here.

they were going to be paying them either way. Wild are betting that neither one is serviceable in a year or two so better to open up the immediate flexibility and fix a bad locker room. It also helps with expansion and getting Kaprizov signed a with a new C

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Saving Private Dumba

Costs them Alex Tuch in the Vegas ED and now costs them an absolutely insane buyout. Hope he's worth it Minnesota.
This is a bit of an tall tale. Wild also protect Scandella to trade him to Buffalo to drop $$ and get Foligno, who is going to be an assistant captain with the Wild this season.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
*opens page*

"GA, GA, gi-ga, whoa, BOTH!"

That's some headline. Tall about pulling the bandaid quick.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
As for the topic, Minny tanking for these next 2 drafts would be 5head. They come out with Kap, Boldy, Rossi and 2 high picks from the next 2 drafts? look out
Ya, be brutal for the two years of the Kap bridge contract and watch him leave.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Saving Private Dumba

Costs them Alex Tuch in the Vegas ED and now costs them an absolutely insane buyout. Hope he's worth it Minnesota.
This was about Greenway and Foligno actually. Both would've been exposed previously while Dumba would've been protected going 4-4-1.

Now they go 7-3-1 and both Greenway and Foligno are protected as well.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Sounds like Guerin had to convince the incompetent owner for months to buy both out. The same owner who signed both to 13 year deals. Then, had the nerve to publicly complain about long term deals etc.

I like that Minnesota did this. Guerin is no nonsense. And they can pay Kaprizov now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad