Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
big ifs ... do you see the difference between Mike Smith/Koskinen and Vasilevsky, Fleury, Price?
of course, but despite his age, Smith as given the Oilers top notch goaltending the last few years so he's given them less to worry about in that department. I do think that they are going to go after a goalie, whether it's Mrazek or Driedger or someone else, they'll be an upgrade on either one of Smith or Stalock, who won 20 games a couple of years ago with Minnesota ! I don't think for this coming year at least that goaltending is as big an issue as lack of support scoring. o_O

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Looks like Bill Guerin is still an Oiler at heart. Man is out here making moves that allow Oilers fans to have a laugh at someone else's expense and distract us from our misery.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
It’s definitely tough for them to have close to 15 million of dead cap for a few years, but I suppose there really weren’t any good options. I mean having 39 year old Parise and Suter taking that same space on the actual roster wouldn’t be a good use of the cap either. So not much changed capwise for those two years and it’s probably better to have a 15m of dead cap than 15m of healthy scratch cap. Less elephants in the room if nothing else.

Reactions: MNRube

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Suter was the player with the most ice time in the league in 18-19, top10 19-20, and buyout material a year later, crazy.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
A. You're right probably not, many people with money don't want to live in Edmonton
B. They have limited cap so likely not
C. How does having Keith, who plays the exact same spot in the lineup, impact Suter's desire to go there? If anything it's the opposite.

This is some galaxy brain stuff in your post.

The Oilers don’t have limited cap space at all, and Suter’s probably not asking for 9+ million again

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
My guess is Geurin wanted to protect 2 other players. Seattle was smelling blood in the water and wasn't making a deal. So basically he gave them all the flying finger.

This. He asked them to waive. They wouldn't. Kraken played hardball. Guerin played harder ball.
My highly uneducated guess.. :)

Reactions: Zirakzigil

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How does this make any sense for minny? for 3 years the buyout cap for each of them will be very close to their actual cap hits. It only benefits them for next year
Buying out Parise always made sense, he has had spinal fusion, and was a bottom six player on a team with plenty of LW's. Suter made less sense, but buying him out allowed MN to keep Dumba, who is 10 years younger, and would've been exposed in the ED otherwise.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Whoa just saw the buyout breakdown and it's showing 12-15M in years 2, 3 and 4.

That means the wild will be operating with a salary cap in the high 60s range instead of 81.5 like other teams for 2023, 2024, and 2025.

Seems like a crazy thing to do but they are fortunate that Boldy, Rossi and whoever they get if they tank these years won't be needing deals until after those years.

Only Fiala and Kaprizov are major players who need new deals at the moment for the Wild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad