Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Maybe they have a really good view of inefficiencies in the ELC market in a few years coupled with info about the TV deal and how it may affect cap in those years so the dead cap won’t affect them as much. Or maybe I’m giving too much benefit of the doubt.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
damn i expected buyouts for both but did not expect it to come so soon. Parise had been declining for a while but its a shame what happened to Suter; did not expect him to decline so rapidly

paragon

May 5, 2010
What the heck

They save almost nothing against the cap

And not even that much in real dollars

...crazy
Yeah, it makes no sense. They save 3M per player, but the need to pay the guys replacing them, so hardly any savings. And the cap savings are negligible. I guess it saves couple of expansion draft slots.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, but there is no way Suter is going to play in Edmonton. He'd probably retire first.

how do you know that? did you ask him? there was no way Duncan Keith was going to play in Edmonton either but here we are! and the Oilers didn't pony up that much, Jones was likely gone one way or another, either by trade or expansion draft and to be honest he hasn't been a great d-man for the Oilers and was expendable. and what is likely a 3rd round pick next year isn't anything to lose any sleep over either. o_O

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Changing of the guard or not. At the very least, you ask him if he’ll waive his NMC to go somewhere on a retained salary transaction. Suter is still a very solid top 4 LD, which isn’t going to be replaceable whatsoever with the $150K in cap savings in years 3 and 4 of this buyout. The Wild are not in a good place with their cap whatsoever. Fiala and Kaprizov require extensions which are going to eat up all of the space. There’s going to have to be more moves to make this work after next year.
Suter might have been a stickler on locations and guerin had enough. Carrying this bs into next season is a nonstarter. Best to cut bait entirely.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Suter might have been a stickler on locations and guerin had enough. Carrying this bs into next season is a nonstarter. Best to cut bait entirely.
From what Russo said on the radio it sounded like Suter was stunned. My guess is he wouldn't even waive this offseason if asked. Down the line maybe though.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I do not understand the meaning of what happened.
dunno.gif

Total - (2021/22 $ 4,743,588) - (2022/23 $ 12,743,588) - (2023/24 $ 14,743,588) - (2024/25 $ 14,743,588). :huh:
:help:

the '22 to '25 cap hits are ghastly !! the hardest cap hits for just 2 players that I think I have ever seen !! :eek:

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
how do you know that? did you ask him? there was no way Duncan Keith was going to play in Edmonton either but here we are! and the Oilers didn't pony up that much, Jones was likely gone one way or another, either by trade or expansion draft and to be honest he hasn't been a great d-man for the Oilers and was expendable. and what is likely a 3rd round pick next year isn't anything to lose any sleep over either. o_O
What? Everybody was saying that Keith was either going to Seattle, Vancouver or Edmonton to be closer to his kid. Suter isn't going to do the opposite. He has plenty of money and there are contenders in the US that Suter will sign with before he goes to Edmonton.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
I don't understand why any team buys out these contracts. It doesn't save them any cap room. They have over 14 mill against the cap the following two years anyways. So, it only helps in year 1. Who is signing one year deals?

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
What? Everybody was saying that Keith was either going to Seattle, Vancouver or Edmonton to be closer to his kid. Suter isn't going to do the opposite. He has plenty of money and there are contenders in the US that Suter will sign with before he goes to Edmonton.

so you think Suter wouldn't go to Edmonton because he has "plenty of money"? :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad