Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Buying out Suter allows them to protect Dumba in the Expansion draft. They have to submit their list in 4 days, and probably didn't find a deal they liked. Otherwise they lose him for nothing.
And that (Seattle picking him) is by far the better move than to buyout Suter. Dumba is replaceable, paid well, and a UFA in two years. Instead we lose a comparable quality defensemen AND have to pay an insane cap hit that will prevent a quality long-term replacement.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Suter at least lived up to his deal. Should have a Norris to name (2013).

Parise on the other hand..... ouch.

Never forget Leipold complaining about long term contracts and then months later giving out matching 13 year deals :laugh:

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I do not understand the meaning of what happened.
dunno.gif

Total - (2021/22 $ 4,743,588) - (2022/23 $ 12,743,588) - (2023/24 $ 14,743,588) - (2024/25 $ 14,743,588). :huh:
Compared to the latest contracts of players - great benefit only during this season. :help:
Bill Guerin maybe stayed behind the scenes in the famous video Evgeny Kuznetsov? :sarcasm:

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
In the case of Suter, Minnesota could have found a trade that financially makes sense with a significant number of teams.

So the only way they are buying Suter out is because he is being difficult about it and using his NMC.

Reactions: CDN24 and sabres81

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Just IMO - but the Hawks only moved Keith because he wanted to be closer to his family. The Hawks blueline is definitely worse after trading Keith, and adding a stable influence like Suter would definitely help insulate the highly thought of young guys.

If Suter is cool being a babysitter, then I guess go to Chi. It's not like he's got a Cup though. He's never been to the 3rd rd. He's got a shot to pick a ready made contender, with plenty of buyout money to back him up financially.

It's his career, do whatever, but you don't want to give it a chance? Just chill on the Hawks, and maybe hope you still have enough by the deadline to still be wanted? The door can shut quickly when you're that old.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Guessing it has something to do with expansion draft protection of Dumba/Brodin/Scandella + 7 forwards instead of 4D and 4F.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
In the case of Suter, Minnesota could have found a trade that financially makes sense with a significant number of teams.

So the only way they are buying Suter out is because he is being difficult about it and using his NMC.

Or if he didn't plan on playing out the full length of the contract.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Via The Athletic source:

According to sources, Wild general manager Bill Guerin called both Parise and Suter to inform each of them that the team is buying out the remaining four years of each of their contracts.

Both players will become free agents on July 28.

The Wild will pay each $6.7 million over the next eight years and be charged with $2.371 million, $6.371 million and $7.371 million cap hits in the next four years, respectively, for each, then $833,333 cap hits the four years after that for each.

The owner makes a heck of a lot of money due to this move if the alternative is that Minny is a max cap team which they probably would have been.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
If you had predicted on the day they signed that one of the two would be getting scratched and both would be bought out with 4 years left AND Minnesota would have no championships to show for it you’d have been lambasted.

I didn't say it in quite that way, but I still have the marks. But I was proven right.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

You're not considering the cap recapture penalty MIN would be under threat of until the end of the contract if he were traded or bought out by the team he was traded to.

Parise was already dead cap space because he was a healthy scratch to finish off most of last season. Guerin must've figured that Suter was soon to follow.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Made 100 million dollars and gets to pick his team of choice to go on a cup run. Worked out pretty well I’d say

a cup run lol. maybe he can use his money to buy a really expensive ring, because he'll never get as close to getting one any other way than when he was with us.

you say it worked out well for him, i think it worked out really well for us. i can't even imagine having his contract on our books until the sun burns out. eat shit, zach! go out to the pasture on long island for your sunset years.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If the Habs get him somehow and Chiarot isn't picked in the ED

Eddy - Petry
Suter - Weber
Romanov - Chiarot

Sounds terrible to play against and far better than this past years dcore.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
a cup run lol. maybe he can use his money to buy a really expensive ring, because he'll never get as close to getting one any other way than when he was with us.

you say it worked out well for him, i think it worked out really well for us. i can't even imagine having his contract on our books until the sun burns out. eat shit, zach! go out to the pasture on long island for your sunset years.

The GMs in this league value vets and insane amount he’ll get signed by a contender. Also, I agree New Jersey dodged a bullet on this contract. Parise had some decent years on the Wild, but he was never worth his cap hit and now with this huge buyout they really regret it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad