Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
so you think Suter wouldn't go to Edmonton because he has "plenty of money"? :facepalm:
I think Suter won't go to Edmonton because there are better teams in locations closer to his home that will want to sign him, and money isn't a factor because he has plenty of money. Got it now, slappy?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Wonder if either of these two would take less and come to Tampa to chase the cup. Should have openings as long as they are willing to take a discount.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Word on the street is suter was a selfish teammate and this allows them to keep Dumba and their long term D-core built around Brodin-Spurgeon and Dumba. So despite the long term effects on the cap, I get the logic.

The parise buyout I don’t totally get because of the long term cap effects of it. I figured they’d wait another year or two on his especially if there’s more decline/issues

maybe they’re clearing immediate space for a potential Eichel deal?

Also figuring Guerin is aware of the potential cap skyrocketing after the COVID lock and thinks those buyouts won’t hurt them later on as they would if the cap stayed the same

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I think Suter won't go to Edmonton because there are better teams in locations closer to his home that will want to sign him, and money isn't a factor because he has plenty of money. Got it now, slappy?

Just because things make sense in your mind doesn't make it so! I think your being somewhat clueless on this son.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
He was being polite…there are so many others reasons to avoid Edmonton.

with the Oilers on the cusp of becoming a serious contender if they can ever get some support scoring up front and with the McDavid factor, why would a good veteran player want to "avoid Edmonton"? sounds like you just don't like Edmonton? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Word on the street is suter was a selfish teammate and this allows them to keep Dumba and their long term D-core built around Brodin-Spurgeon and Dumba. So despite the long term effects on the cap, I get the logic.

The parise buyout I don’t totally get because of the long term cap effects of it. I figured they’d wait another year or two on his especially if there’s more decline/issues

maybe they’re clearing immediate space for a potential Eichel deal?

Also figuring Guerin is aware of the potential cap skyrocketing after the COVID lock and thinks those buyouts won’t hurt them later on as they would if the cap stayed the same
My guess is Geurin wanted to protect 2 other players. Seattle was smelling blood in the water and wasn't making a deal. So basically he gave them all the flying finger.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
with the Oilers on the cusp of becoming a serious contender if they can ever get some support scoring up front and with the McDavid factor, why would a good veteran player want to "avoid Edmonton"? sounds like you just don't like Edmonton? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

big ifs ... do you see the difference between Mike Smith/Koskinen and Vasilevsky, Fleury, Price?

Suter has business interests and a home in Wisconsin so Chicago might be a consideration. If he wanted to chase a Cup, obviously Colorado or Tampa might be of interest at league minimum.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
How does this make any sense for minny? for 3 years the buyout cap for each of them will be very close to their actual cap hits. It only benefits them for next year

Reactions: The Nuge

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Gotta love these no thought jabs.

A. Would Suter even consider Edm
B. Oilers can still sign Suter
C. The Oilers likely have a better shot convincing Suter w/ Keith

It's not rocket appliances

A. You're right probably not, many people with money don't want to live in Edmonton
B. They have limited cap so likely not
C. How does having Keith, who plays the exact same spot in the lineup, impact Suter's desire to go there? If anything it's the opposite.

This is some galaxy brain stuff in your post.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
He gets booed because he lied to Poile when there was no need too. And if you followed the Preds you'd know the Arvidsson deal wasn't a head scratcher at all, and that Forsberg was our best forward by far last year, and that Fiala didn't fit in our lockerroom. Yes, Fiala did well after he was traded, but that's likely because it was a shot to his ego and a wake up call.
If you don't think the return was a head scratcher then IDK what to tell you.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Closest to family (besides maybe Chicago). May not be as important to them.
Family was important when signing a 8 year contract. He might play what 3 years more. With being in the bubble and then travel restrictions this year, it might not be that much of factor. Especially considering detroits current situation and the possibility of him taken a pay cut to join a competitor when he'll be getting two pay cheques

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
If Suter is cool being a babysitter, then I guess go to Chi. It's not like he's got a Cup though. He's never been to the 3rd rd. He's got a shot to pick a ready made contender, with plenty of buyout money to back him up financially.

It's his career, do whatever, but you don't want to give it a chance? Just chill on the Hawks, and maybe hope you still have enough by the deadline to still be wanted? The door can shut quickly when you're that old.

I 100% agree with you that the Hawks probably doesn't make a lot of sense from Suter's perspective. The only thing would be if he wants to stay close to home, but that would seem to be low probability given where Suter is in his career.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Would have thought atleast Suter had some trade equity at 50% retained, but assuming both just refused to waive the NMC.

cant see the Eichel match. Guy being miserable to play through eternal rebuild moving to a team that has almost 20% of their cap dead for the next few years.

Suter will get a ”Shattenkirk” kind of deal with 3-4 millions for couple years, Parise will sign for a contender for cheap. Or both sign minimum contracts to Tampa..

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad