Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's one way to sign Kaprizov to a big money deal...buy out your highest paid guys.
Dead cap of $12-$14 mill for 3 seasons starting in 22-23, through to 24-25 seasons. Can fit KK in this season but need to cut guys afterwards.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah that already failed miserably for 10 years, Both players are probably better off going out on their own.

Maybe but this sort of move makes it seem like they would still prefer to be together than apart. The Wild clearly want to protect Dumba over Suter so if they had reached the conclusion that they wanted to be apart, they could've dealt Suter somewhere for something instead of a buyout. I wouldn't expect them to sign on to separate teams.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If I was Kaprizov, I'd bolt for the KHL right now because there's no chance the Wild are going to be able to ice a competitive roster in years 2/3/4 of this buyout. If this isn't an admitted rebuild, it's an absolute disaster.
Anyone thinking this is a rebuild aren’t paying attention, Both have internal replacements coming in on ELCs. Boldy replacing Parise and Addison/Mennell/Soucy filling in the d spot. This is less a rebuild and more of the Wild relying on their current prospect pool to fill the gaps. The team will still have as much competitive flexibility as they do today, even in years 2-4 just due to the ELCs coming in, just need the young guys to perform now.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Insane. God I hope somehow Montreal is more savvy trying to rid themselves of the price and Weber contracts when the time comes.

You know all those comments about staying within the "spirit" of the cba? That's what the wild are doing right now. Staying true to the cba at the expense of their future.

Geez

Price has injury issues, so I suspect that if he can't complete the contract it will be ltir, but he's performing fine for now and no cap issue

Weber apparently that's not a problem at all for Montreal? It's nashville that's more or leas on the hook at this point

Reactions: TychoFan

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
They are getting plenty of relief. Four years of $10M in bad money plus losing Dumba? This was the best option imo

then a year of 12m then 2 years of 14m of dead weight. This was a stupid move. Paying Seattle a first and a prospect to not take dumba would been cheaper.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I loveeeee me some Suter!

Would really help out Doughty to sign him

3yrs @ $4m/yr?

worst comes to worst, you buyout his final yr if at 39 yrs old he struggles
No offense, but I think he'll want to go to a team that is ready to win a Cup now. I just hope that it isn't CO, as that would be vomit inducing for over 98% of MN hockey fans.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
10m cap relieved. Eichel @ 10m x 5. Reports that Buffalo doesn’t want to take salary back. :popcorn:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Anyone thinking this is a rebuild aren’t paying attention, Both have internal replacements coming in on ELCs. Boldy replacing Parise and Addison/Mennell/Soucy filling in the d spot. This is less a rebuild and more of the Wild relying on their current prospect pool to fill the gaps. The team will still have as much competitive flexibility as they do today, even in years 2-4 just due to the ELCs coming in, just need the young guys to perform now.

Sorry, $14m+ dead cap for multiple years is a major hinderance. Having most of your team on ELCs is not going to cut it.

Reactions: Morrison

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
then a year of 12m then 2 years of 14m of dead weight. This was a stupid move. Paying Seattle a first and a prospect to not take dumba would been cheaper.

Yeah, I get the feeling we're about to see all kinds of crazy shit all the way up to the draft. This is the first of many.

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
Makes no sense at all. Both make 6m next year and 1-2m after that with cap hit 7m. If I was Ottawa or Phoenix I would have jumped to get them.

Reactions: Morrison

Prior

Jan 18, 2020

Bingo.

A lot of talk around here last year with how much “fun” the Wild were to watch. What type of impact was Parise and Suter making on this team?

Suter will be a loss, especially early, but in years 2-4 they can mitigate what he was with what they have coming at defense and where Suter would be.

Those valuing Suter over Dumba with where his overall game is going at 26 clearly are not watching this team.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Why would you buy out his final year when it brings no cap savings to do so? Two+ year contracts on Suter and Parise are 35+ contracts that stay on the books no matter what. Your best hope if he falls off a cliff in a new deal is if he gets injured.

yea forgot about the 35+ rule

i'd still sign him for 3 yrs

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
My god, all that dead cap. That’s going to be an interesting couple years with only a few hundred thousand dollars savings in cap hit for them to not be playing. Might be better than 39-41 year old Parise and Suter at that price but still.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Is this more of a culture change issue? I ask, because I don't see it actually affording the team much flexibility to bring in talent and improve the roster. That said, I think Parise is pretty much done. Injuries have taken it's toll. I can see some team giving him a shot in a wave of nostalgia but I doubt it amounts to much. Suter on the other hand is still a legit top four d-man that if in the 18-20:00 minute range per game can be very productive. Certainly help special teams. I think teams will be lining up for him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad