Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
This makes way more sense than paying the price of a top pairing defenseman to expansion. These will sting for a long time, but it will be a good reminder for the future. Juat means having to rely on one more ELC player than most teams. Not insurmountable disadvantage.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The team could have asked them to waive the NMC and see if they can find a willing trade partner. But straight buy outs is just stupid.

Even with a trade, the risk of cap recapture is too great with these two.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
They have played this worse than even Florida and Anaheim did in the Vegas expansion.

This is all to protect Matt dumba lol

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I mean Parise, sure, but I don't know how I feel about Suter being bought out

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If I was Kaprizov, I'd bolt for the KHL right now because there's no chance the Wild are going to be able to ice a competitive roster in years 2/3/4 of this buyout. If this isn't an admitted rebuild, it's an absolute disaster.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
That's not quite true, actually. They have a couple brutal seasons coming up.

So...they save a lot this upcoming year with only 4.7 million in dead cap between the two. But then it's three seasons of between 12.7-14.7 million of dead cap. On top of that, they also need to pay replacements for these two roster spots.

It appears I misunderstood the buyout calculations.

I didn't realize that the buyout calculations accounted for cap advantage already.

No beef with this anymore, thanks for setting me straight.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The team could have asked them to waive the NMC and see if they can find a willing trade partner. But straight buy outs is just stupid.
Full nmc protects the player. So if Parise still thinks he can contribute and the new team doesn’t want him anymore they can’t get rid of him.

9 years for $88 million plus buyout of the final $10 mill. Almost $95 mill for 9 years of service. $10.5 mill per season as it turns out.

eating $20 mill of front loaded contract. Can’t ice a contender when you have $12-14 mill in dead cap.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
5gckds.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad