Confirmed Buy-Out [MIN] Zach Parise and Ryan Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I’d imagine this is the start of a rebuild because the cap space just isn’t there for 3 years after this one….

Parise was years in the making, he was driving the organization nuts and contributed to some firings.

Suter shocks me, they were tight with ownership. People said when Guerin arrived he would do what it takes to make the Wild relevant…

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Via The Athletic source:

According to sources, Wild general manager Bill Guerin called both Parise and Suter to inform each of them that the team is buying out the remaining four years of each of their contracts.

Both players will become free agents on July 28.

The Wild will pay each $6.7 million over the next eight years and be charged with $2.371 million, $6.371 million and $7.371 million cap hits in the next four years, respectively, for each, then $833,333 cap hits the four years after that for each.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I bet Suter takes his check, heads home to Madison and calls it a career.
I dont think so, he will take this personally and want to prove he still has it. He was one of Wild's best players against Vegas, he can definitely still help someone.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Anyone thinking this means Eichel is delusional. Those pending cap penalties in a few years are a major handcuff. Add the needed high dollar KK extension that has to happen and any Minnesota fan should be pretty disappointed. You can’t just bank on replacement at 900,000 players and say it’s all good. The team is going to be in tough to negotiate contracts in a few years having to juggle those penalties

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I could see Parise signing with the Islanders given his connection to the area and Lou, but what about Suter?

He still has value and could chase a larger contract if he wants, but he has made his cash and I see him chasing a cup more than anything. Is it likely he would sign a minimum one year deal with Vegas / Col / TB?

Reactions: Flair Hay

P10p

May 15, 2012
He plays like 30 minutes a night while still being solid. I hate when people just look at points and draw conclusions especially for dman

Or I am a Wild fan and have watched every game that Suter has played for the Wild.

His average TOI this season is 22 minutes. A far cry from "like 30 minutes a night" .

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad