Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Kirill Kaprizov re-signs with the Wild (5 years, $9M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Well the guy I was replying to was saying the KHL numbers were used to sign this contract, but I'm saying its mostly just based on this past season.

Even guys who rip up the KHL, GMs are pretty weary

His NHL season, even shortened, confirmed his KHL bonifieds.

If he hadnt done on the KHL stage and international stage over 5 seasons what he confirmed in the NHL over 1 he wouldnt see anything like this contract.

His KHL seasons matter

Reactions: reino

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Those recent examples didn't produce like Kaprizov at the same young age he did.. They were much older
You're missing the point.
Kaprisov got paid because of the season he just played, not his KHL production.

No GM would hand out anywhere near a 45 million dollar contract to Kaprisov a year ago. Thus my (true) statement GMs are weary of giving KHL guys big contracts without NHL proof

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It is possible for his play and production to decline. Other players have done it. The trajectory isn’t always up.
regression means a return to a previous state. Kaprizov's previous states have been un-worrisome.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
You're missing the point.
Kaprisov got paid because of the season he just played, not his KHL production.

No GM would hand out anywhere near a 45 million dollar contract to Kaprisov a year ago. Thus my (true) statement GMs are weary of giving KHL guys big contracts without NHL proof

His KHL and International numbers weren't the sole reason, but they were factored in, no question

Last edited:

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
or horror of horror maybe our GM and coach are right and Rask isn't as terrible as fans like to make him out to be.

edit: do not get me wrong--he does not pass my eye test but it is possible he does somehow make others better while looking bad himself.

This is funny in a scary funny kind of horror. Might be good we didnt have a center or who knows what kind number he would have landed at.

Reactions: PM88RU

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
regression means a return to a previous state. Kaprizov's previous states have been un-worrisome.
Ok I’ll choose my words more carefully next time. Hopefully for Minny his play doesn’t decline. The trend is for him to continue to improve and score more. We’ll see how it plays out.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
upload_2021-9-21_23-7-50.jpeg

Before some sensitive wild fans feel like this offends their ancestry: It is only a joke.
Had me smirking at least.

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-21_23-6-44.jpeg
    upload_2021-9-21_23-6-44.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
“According to CapFriendly, he is now tied for the 18th highest-paid forward annually in the NHL and tied for the ninth highest-paid winger.”

sounds about fair to me

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
I would love to hear the explanation for how Kaprizov is fast tracking the next lockout
It’s a joke bud, relax.
But this does create a precedent that could inflates rookie player salaries after 1 season.
No need to tell you: faster inflated prices vs a slower salary cap growth = no bueno.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Those recent examples didn't produce like Kaprizov at the same young age he did.. They were much older

???? Kovalchuk was in the NHL right from age 18 and had 3 40 plus (one being a 50 goal) year under his belt and a high 80 and a high 90 point season on his resume by the time he got to Kaprizov's age.

Radulov produced very similarly in the KHL
48 points in 52 games as a 22 year old and 63 points in 54 games as a 23 year old.

Krill posted 62 in 57 as a 22 year old so not all that different then Radulov

The kid is a good young player but your really overstating his KHL accume/accomplishments against that comparable list.

He seemed to be slightly ahead Radov but wasn't in Kovachuk's league in terms of accompaniments.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Sign and trade as part of an Eichel package.

Would be interesting, but begs the question of what it does for Jack, really? Going from Olofsson (and previously Reinhart) to Fiala... and Zuccarello, on what would be a stifling defensive team again? Those two would obviously be a dynamic duo but neither team lets their guy go without the other team sending their star over.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s a joke bud, relax.
But this does create a precedent that could inflates rookie player salaries after 1 season.
No need to tell you: faster inflated prices vs a slower salary cap growth = no bueno.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the joke because usually jokes are funny, or at least amusing. Or they make sense, for that matter.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Insane. Guy has 3 points in 7 playoff games and less than a PPG as a 24 year old rookie... this is going to be Kyle Okposo-esque.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Too bad Columbus was so stupid to walk Panarin right into UFA vs locking him up into some UFA years. Kirills stats and performances in the KHL demonstrated ample hockey bona fides. His NhL success was a surprise to no one that followed his career.
Columbus didn't sign Panarin. Chicago did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad