Confirmed with Link: Mikael Granlund for a 2nd Round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t know that he will fall apart. It’s just hard to see which of the buttons we need pushed that he is actually pushing.

More than anything we need cap-efficient contributors who address needs. That’s where this deal disappoints so much.
Gotta hope Poehling and DOC take huge steps and our long shots in WBS can do so too, I suppose.

He’ll be in Sully’s doghouse next year if not this year. He’s everything he hates in a player

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
My first reaction to this deal was "not bad" mostly cause I remember him seemingly like a productive player when he was in Minnesota, given the Jfresh stats and others who have posted, tell a different story. 2 more years at 5 million seems like a risk .

Gotta to give Granland a chance though. Maybe he'll do well here but if not, Hextall seems to have this annoying talent of opening up cap space only to double down on stupid.

Reactions: Extra Texture

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
My first reaction to this deal was "not bad" mostly cause I remember him seemingly like a productive player when he was in Minnesota, given the Jfresh stats and others who have posted, tell a different story. 2 more years at 5 million seems like a risk .

Gotta to give Granland a chance though. Maybe he'll do well here but if not, Hextall seems to have this annoying talent of opening up cap space only to double down on stupid.
Unpopular opinion, but I'm a big believer in not declaring trades successes or failures before the players have actually played games with their new team.

alejandrokaihockey

Jan 15, 2021
He better be solid man thats all im asking. I liked him in his first years in minesota, thats a loot of moves makes to make space for you, thats a hard stone on your back to star, hope he is up to the challenge.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
This trade would help the Pens if they are not done and can find a decent 3rd line center, other than that same ole same ole with this team..

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Unpopular opinion, but I'm a big believer in not declaring trades successes or failures before the players have actually played games with their new team.

That seems fair.

Prior to being able to pass judgement based on more empirically solid footing, we can just reflect on the pure joy this trade gives Nashville fans who can hardly believe their good fortune. Trade deadline

It is nothing unsusual that we are told the player sucks or has warts when we make a move, surely, but outside of the Jack Johnson contract I don't recall the same level of "WTF was that" from fans of our newbies prior team.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
That seems fair.

Prior to being able to pass judgement based on more empirically solid footing, we can just reflect on the pure joy this trade gives Nashville fans who can hardly believe their good fortune. Trade deadline

It is nothing unsusual that we are told the player sucks or has warts when we make a move, surely, but outside of the Jack Johnson contract I don't recall the same level of "WTF was that" from fans of our newbies prior team.

Matheson.

Who was largely panned in the same exact way and now we are criticized for moving him.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
That seems fair.

8EE4E5BB-BB58-46AA-9B6C-E170BAAC033F.jpeg

:laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Let's see how he plays 3C here first. If that works out then there's the fit.
And I would say he should play on PP1 next year over Jake, since he's pretty good at it. Good playmaker.

The way we use Jake on the PP has him barely getting puck touches.
He's going to get murdered if he's 3C here, with Sully's usage of the 3rd line. Granlund's not good at faceoffs, average defensively, and has never had difficult deployment before. Feels like a Brassard situation if that's where they play him.

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Matheson.

Who was largely panned in the same exact way and now we are criticized for moving him.
Enormous difference, IMO, in so far as we shipped out Horny who we knew would be a cap-killer for us to take a flier on a D man who had some attributes we knew we needed (and warts as well).

In any event I certainly don't criticize that move. The Marino one was terrible value wise. Can't say the same on Matheson, less so with Poehling looking good.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Enormous difference, IMO, in so far as we shipped out Horny who we knew would be a cap-killer for us to take a flier on a D man who had some attributes we knew we needed (and warts as well).

In any event I certainly don't criticize that move. The Marino one was terrible value wise. Can't say the same on Matheson, less so with Poehling looking good.

I mean we turned Kapanen and Blueger into Granlund so same deal for additional term as Horny for Matheson.

I think the analytics are really over doing it. Granlund is a decent player. He just is a weird fit for what we need and his contract is a nightmare for us.

Reactions: Still Apps

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
So that line's still going to get 80% D-zone draws? With Blueger gone, who is going to get the heavy defensive deployments so the third line doesn't have to?

I have no idea.

I don’t like the trade or line. But at this time dude is a Penguin so I’ll root for him.

I’d roll..

Jake - Sid - Rakell
Zucker - Malkin - Granlund
Heinen - Poehling - Rust
DOC - Carter - Arci

I’d also pray there is another move coming..

Reactions: Still Apps

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
That JFresh stat he tweeted, is it only bad for this season or is it always that bad every season? Preds are shit and sometimes players become shit too. He might just need a new team, let's at least let him play first. Carter was garbage when he came here and he turned out alright for the season and playoffs. Maybe it will workout for him too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
That JFresh stat he tweeted, is it only bad for this season or is it always that bad every season? Preds are shit and sometimes players become shit too. He might just need a new team, let's at least let him play first. Carter was garbage when he came here and he turned out alright for the season and playoffs. Maybe it will workout for him too.

It’s over the last 3 seasons.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have no idea.

I don’t like the trade or line. But at this time dude is a Penguin so I’ll root for him.

I’d roll..

Jake - Sid - Rakell
Zucker - Malkin - Granlund
Heinen - Poehling - Rust
DOC - Carter - Arci

I’d also pray there is another move coming..
I just feel like this is the Derrick Brassard trade all over again. A decent offensive player who needed to play in the top six, but was acquired to fill a defensive role on the third line.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I just feel like this is the Derrick Brassard trade all over again. A decent offensive player who needed to play in the top six, but was acquired to fill a defensive role on the third line.

I think the benefit with this is Granlund has always been a better W than C.

Ah, thought it was this season only. That's a yikes then, but whatever.

For the record…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad