Confirmed with Link: Mikael Granlund for a 2nd Round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
paul-rudd-spectacularly-weird.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This would have been a fantastic deal about 4 seasons ago. So apparently Hextall is collecting a bunch of players who were still good 4 years ago.

Funny that they don't want to pay deadline prices for good young talent, but have no issue overpaying for declining veterans.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
This is disgraceful. We somehow managed to get older, softer, and tighter against the cap moving forward. I’d be amazed and somewhat impressed at the level of ineptitude if I wasn’t so angry with how this team is being destroyed by these goofs.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
Zucker has been playing out of his mind this year and if this helps him then I'm all for it.

I still think defense is a problem, and not enough scoring on bottom lines

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
My honest to god reaction is confusion. I just can’t see the logic.

He might not even be bad-who tf knows- but the acquisition price for the cap hit plus term left feels pyschotic. Move makes so much more sense if Nashville is sending a sweetener with him or retaining.

Add the fit… like what does this even do for the lineup (I have no idea) and it really makes no sense. Did they really dump an entire line for nothing to pick up a $5M bottom 6er? Because no matter what they’re gonna have a $5M+ winger in the bottom 6 and none exactly fit the mold of what you’d want on the third line.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
The move only makes a tiny bit of sense if Granlund is used as a 2nd line winger, which pushes Rust down to L3, and then Hextall somehow is able to free up enough cap space to trade for a legit 3C to replace / push Carter down to 4C or L3 Wing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So what will Zucker get next season? 6M? Maybe he will take less to stay here if those 2 workout again.
No, at Granlund’s cost, he will be the Zucker replacement next season…we can’t afford a top six upgrade and Zucker won’t be signing here to play on L3 at $3M..

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
No, at Granlund’s cost, he will be the Zucker replacement next season…we can’t afford a top six upgrade and Zucker won’t be signing here to play on L3 at $3M..
Maybe he will be more durable. They have pretty much the same points but Zucker more goals by a bit and Granlund more assists.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

We still have 19+ mil if McGinn stays in the minors next year.

Guentzel - Crosby - Rakell
Granlund - Malkin - Rust
X - Carter - X
X - X - X

Petts - Letang
POJ - Petry
X - Rutta
Ruh

X
Desmith

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
This has all the feelings of one of those deals where Granlund will come in here red hot and score like 15 pts in 10 games and then everyone will say “oh, I was wrong,” and then he’ll score 5 pts in his next 12 games and everyone will freak out again. This pattern will continue for 3 years or so.

So, you know, basically every other deal ever made.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
My honest to god reaction is confusion. I just can’t see the logic.

He might not even be bad-who tf knows- but the acquisition price for the cap hit plus term left feels pyschotic. Move makes so much more sense if Nashville is sending a sweetener with him or retaining.

Add the fit… like what does this even do for the lineup (I have no idea) and it really makes no sense. Did they really dump an entire line for nothing to pick up a $5M bottom 6er? Because no matter what they’re gonna have a $5M+ winger in the bottom 6 and none exactly fit the mold of what you’d want on the third line.
Let's see how he plays 3C here first. If that works out then there's the fit.
And I would say he should play on PP1 next year over Jake, since he's pretty good at it. Good playmaker.

The way we use Jake on the PP has him barely getting puck touches.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I bet Granlund works out decently this year then falls apart next year.

Based off what? He's a 30 point ES player, he's bad on arrival

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I bet Granlund works out decently this year then falls apart next year.

I don’t know that he will fall apart. It’s just hard to see which of the buttons we need pushed that he is actually pushing.

More than anything we need cap-efficient contributors who address needs. That’s where this deal disappoints so much.
Gotta hope Poehling and DOC take huge steps and our long shots in WBS can do so too, I suppose.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad