Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Sure, someone could blow a knee out, someone could have a freak accident. As it currently sits the best bet is Michkov to be superior. Unless Demidov somehow learns to skate better and his IQ reaches Michkovs level by some freak of nature accident? I don't understand why this is so diffcult to accept as a reality for some people, when it is in fact reality. Likelyhood is not an absolute certainty, there's many factors at play, but unless you're a blind homer you choose Michkov 10/10 times if you truly watch both players. I loved Demidov's second half last year he showed a different gear, but he isn't Michkov, sorry it just is the absolute truth. And I have never claimed Michkov to be generational like some people, I didn't even think MCD would be generational.
Screenshot_20240818_073757_Samsung Internet.jpg
Except that is not what most hockey guys and insiders that watch and follow hockey 1000x more than you say.

Demidov is more intense, a much better 2 way player, way more physical, bigger, with the same skill set.
His edges are actually very good in skating. He skates perfectly fine. Little unique but does not mean a bad skater at all.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
View attachment 901710Except that is not what most hockey guys and insiders that watch and follow hockey 1000x more than you say.

Demidov is more intense, a much better 2 way player, way more physical, bigger, with the same skill set.
His edges are actually very good in skating. He skates perfectly fine. Little unique but does not mean a bad skater at all.
Confirmation bias lol

Elite prospects has Michkov as the #2 prospect in the NHL!! Ahead of Demidov.

If you want to find something you confirm your opinion, it’s extremely easy to do so.

If I want to hear who is better in a Demidov Michkov debate, I sure as hell am not going to listen to Philly or Habs fans.

Notice how all the people not fans of either of these teams are picking Michkov? It’s pretty telling. And no, the world doesn’t hate Montreal and Demidov - there is just a player better than Demidov. It happens.

Reactions: cassidy7676

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Confirmation bias lol

If you want to find something you confirm your opinion, it’s extremely easy to do so.

If I want to hear who is better in a Demidov Michkov debate, I sure as hell am not going to listen to Philly or Habs fans.

Notice how all the people not fans of either of these teams are picking Michkov? It’s pretty telling. And no, the world doesn’t hate Montreal and Demidov - there is just a player better than Demidov. It happens.
Ah yes let’s not assume that those people you are referring to have watched both players play so often.

I bet more than 97% of people commenting on this thread has never watched more than a few highlights of both players

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
I'm a Habs fan but I can concede michkov is the better prospect but at this point I don't care he's a flyer and Demidov is a hab and he's the one I'm cheering for and super happy to have.
Both players look like studs I definitely wanted mich but habs didn't pick him for whatever reason maybe some of the rumors were true, maybe the contract scared them , maybe something bobrov dad said or just maybe they like reinbacher more don't know I guess we will find out in a few years If passing on him was a mistake

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
View attachment 901710Except that is not what most hockey guys and insiders that watch and follow hockey 1000x more than you say.

I think button saying this makes exactly the opposite point than you thought you were making

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Confirmation bias lol

Let's just leave out Demidov is 1 year younger so of course he will be ahead of Demidov right now on a rankings list. Does not mean he will not be the better overall player.
Time will tell who the better player is regardless what anyone says. IMO watching both. Demidov will be the better play all around.

I think both will be good but Demidov come playoff time based on his size in comparison and compete will be the better player.

Last edited:
Reactions: akz

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I keep seeing "intensity" listed by Habs fans when they make their columns of "six things in favor of Demidov, four in favor of Michkov" charts. What is this, what does it mean and how exactly are you measuring it? As far as visually looking like he has more "compete" (another ridiculous platitude) in some highlights...again this goes back to Michkov's IQ. He doesn't have to always make the flashy move because he's thinking ahead of the play. He's a precision player with flashy tools. Demidov is a flashy player with good IQ.

Also listed constantly..."two-way play" and "physicality". I've got news for folks...if those are meaningful traits for either player in their NHL primes, something has gone terribly wrong in their development or they are being deployed in a horrible manner. We don't microanalysis the two-way play of Kucherov versus Panarin versus Kapriov (or even a guy like Bedard for that matter) because the percentage of meaningful impact it makes on what they are tasked to do is so low. If you want to say "Demidov is bigger, that may give him a bit more mass to hold up against the rigors of huge NHL defenseman" - sure, I think that's fair. But these are guys you want in 100% offensive deployment. Both need to prove their strength on the puck against the best "men" players in the world yet.

Demidov could absolutely end up as good or even better...but some of these lists of pros and cons are absurd.

• Love
Reactions: LeProspector

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Let's just leave out Demidov is 1 year younger so of course he will be ahead of Demidov right now on a rankings list. Does not mean he will not be the better overall player.
Time will tell who the better player is regardless what anyone says. IMO watching both. Demidov will be the better play all around.

I think both will be good but Demidov come playoff time based on his size in comparison and compete will be the better player.
So he’s gonna be better because he’s slightly bigger ? Additionally Michkov is very competitive, so no sure where this passive player option derives from . Hes a year older but played SEVERAL levels above Demikov. We’ll see if Demi gets KHL games let alone go nearly ppg in his d plus 1 season . Could he do it ? Sure . Will he ? Seems fairly unlikely .

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I keep seeing "intensity" listed by Habs fans when they make their columns of "six things in favor of Demidov, four in favor of Michkov" charts. What is this, what does it mean and how exactly are you measuring it? As far as visually looking like he has more "compete" (another ridiculous platitude) in some highlights...again this goes back to Michkov's IQ. He doesn't have to always make the flashy move because he's thinking ahead of the play. He's a precision player with flashy tools. Demidov is a flashy player with good IQ.

Also listed constantly..."two-way play" and "physicality". I've got news for folks...if those are meaningful traits for either player in their NHL primes, something has gone terribly wrong in their development or they are being deployed in a horrible manner. We don't microanalysis the two-way play of Kucherov versus Panarin versus Kapriov (or even a guy like Bedard for that matter) because the percentage of meaningful impact it makes on what they are tasked to do is so low. If you want to say "Demidov is bigger, that may give him a bit more mass to hold up against the rigors of huge NHL defenseman" - sure, I think that's fair. But these are guys you want in 100% offensive deployment. Both need to prove their strength on the puck against the best "men" players in the world yet.

Demidov could absolutely end up as good or even better...but some of these lists of pros and cons are absurd.
Solid post

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So he’s gonna be better because he’s slightly bigger ? Additionally Michkov is very competitive, so no sure where this passive player option derives from . Hes a year older but played SEVERAL levels above Demikov. We’ll see if Demi gets KHL games let alone go nearly ppg in his d plus 1 season . Could he do it ? Sure . Will he ? Seems fairly unlikely .
It’s been mentioned enough time in this thread now that I’m not sure why you’re still going with this.

The only reason this has happened was because Michkov agreed to a 3 years contract in his draft year while Demidov refused to sign an extension, so they buried him.

Even now, because of his contract situation Demidov cannot be loaned to another KHL team like Michkov did last year. So it’s either SKA or VHL for Demidov.

I’m not even sure why I keep losing my time explaining this to you for the 4th time already. You either don’t care because it doesn’t fit your narrative or you’re trolling

Reactions: viceroy

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It’s been mentioned enough time in this thread now that I’m not sure why you’re still going with this.

The only reason this has happened was because Michkov agreed to a 3 years contract in his draft year while Demidov refused to sign an extension, so they buried him.

Even now, because of his contract situation Demidov cannot be loaned to another KHL team like Michkov did last year. So it’s either SKA or VHL for Demidov.

I’m not even sure why I keep losing my time explaining this to you for the 4th time already. You either don’t care because it doesn’t fit your narrative or you’re trolling
This i agree with. Demidov is a victim of his lack of contractual commitments. Its unfortunate that it works that way. Even Michkov was unfairly held back (low playing time) in the KHL early in the season last year and the season prior before he was loaned.

Young bluechip russian players destined for the NHL are effectively punished by their KHL teams.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Typically I see the most recently drafted guys being higher than previous drafted guys

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

I’m about the player not the narrative . I don’t have any stake in the outcome . I’m not a Flyer nor a Hab fan . Certainly less bias than many others in this thread.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I’m about the player not the narrative . I don’t have any stake in the outcome . I’m not a Flyer nor a Hab fan . Certainly less bias than many others in this thread.
Would you say you dislike the Habs?

Sure seems like it by the way you generalize one or two person opinions to the entire fan base in this thread.

Or maybe you have a man crush on Michkov. Which is fine.

I like Michkov as well and would've drafted him when we could.

I think from the blue line in, he's the most dangerous player outside the NHL. Outside of that... He has a TON of work to do. He needs to skate in the 2 other zones of the ice to begin with.

Same management group that passed on him were very eager to pick Demidov at the same position. I'm sure they would pick Demidov if both were on the table. These guys are paid professionals. I'm not sure what player is/will be better, but there's certainly not a massive gap like you are suggesting.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Ah yes let’s not assume that those people you are referring to have watched both players play so often.

I bet more than 97% of people commenting on this thread has never watched more than a few highlights of both players
Yes, I'm sure of it.

When you think Michkov is in a different tier, it's hard to believe you didn't just watch highlights.
Watching a full game, you barely see him make any effort to come back in his own zone. Almost always waiting for the puck to come to him in the neutral zone. A lot of times you don't see him in the screen when his team defends. Once he gets it he's fire, but that doesn't fly in the NHL.

For fantasy purposes I pick Michkov ahead. If I'm building a team, I pick Demidov (like Habs management did).

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Yes, I'm sure of it.

When you think Michkov is in a different tier, it's hard to believe you didn't just watch highlights.
Watching a full game, you barely see him make any effort to come back in his own zone. Almost always waiting for the puck to come to him in the neutral zone. A lot of times you don't see him in the screen when his team defends. Once he gets it he's fire, but that doesn't fly in the NHL.

For fantasy purposes I pick Michkov ahead. If I'm building a team, I pick Demidov (like Habs management did).
The thing is it wasn’t a one or the other proposition. Totally different drafts … Michkov goes to where the puck is gonna be . His ability to anticipate the play is so uncanny. Just absolutely next level iq . Cerebral

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The thing is it wasn’t a one or the other proposition. Totally different drafts … Michkov goes to where the puck is gonna be . His ability to anticipate the play is so uncanny. Just absolutely next level iq . Cerebral
While he does have high offensive IQ. You really can't say he goes where the puck is if you watched full games...

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
While he does have high offensive IQ. You really can't say he goes where the puck is if you watched full games...
It’s 2024 : it’s not overly difficult to get content . But sure , go on . I could easily say that the fact you think that Demidov iq is of the same calibre as Michkov is a dead giveaway that you yourself are cherry picking your viewings ( or not watching at all ) . It’s easy to sling mud w limited justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad