Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
So you think Michkov is the best prospect to ever come out of Russia?
This is only stats based I assume?

Again, I love Michkov, and wish the habs drafted him. But why ignore every deficiencies in his game because he scores a lot? We should not talk about it and just ignore them?

We recently saw the same thing with Eiserman who broke the USNDT goal record. Other areas of your game like size, defensive play and character will impact the value of a player.

No, I never suggested such a thing at all.

I am saying that it's asinine to write off Michkov's historical draft year success as "He just racked up points against Kunlun" while ignoring virtually every other season, league, and level where he has had comparable historical success. That doesn't mean he is a perfect prospect. It means his success is clearly not dependent on an implied outlier season where he beat up Kunlun.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
No, I never suggested such a thing at all.

I am saying that it's asinine to write off Michkov's historical draft year success as "He just racked up points against Kunlun" while ignoring virtually every other season, league, and level where he has had comparable historical success. That doesn't mean he is a perfect prospect. It means his success is clearly not dependent on an implied outlier season where he beat up Kunlun.
Ok that's fair, I was going off what you wrote : best player historically for his age in every league and every level that he plays in

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Ok that's fair, I was going off what you wrote : best player historically for his age in every league and every level that he plays in

And what I said is statistically true. That doesn't mean he's the best Russian prospect ever. It means he is consistently dominant, regardless of Kunlun.

Minimum 10 GP, Michkov has the:
  • Highest D+1 KHL PPG ever
  • Highest DY KHL PPG ever (Demidov wasn't cut out for the KHL in his DY)
  • Highest DY VHL PPG ever (Demidov wasn't cut out for the VHL in his DY)
  • Highest D-1 KHL PPG ever (Demidov wasn't cut out for the KHL in his D-1)
  • Highest D-1 MHL PPG ever (Higher than Demidov)
  • Highest D-2 MHL PPG ever (Higher than Demidov)

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I don't get why people are mad if some say Michkov is a better prospect ,it dosen't automatically mean he's gonna end up a better player
True. Look at the 2003 draft, probably the best first round ever, yet the best player from that draft (Patrice Bergeron) was taken in the middle of the second round. Where you’re drafted means next to nothing the second after you’re drafted.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
And what I said is statistically true. That doesn't mean he's the best Russian prospect ever. It means he is consistently dominant, regardless of Kunlun.

Is your first language English?
Maybe you mean different things than you are writing.

(Demidov wasn't cut out for the KHL/VHL in his DY) What does that mean? You seriously think he wasn't suited or capable of playing at the very least in the VHL? While absolutely destroying the MHL?

Also you say : best player historically for his age in every league and every level that he plays in
But also this : That doesn't mean he's the best Russian prospect ever.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

(Demidov wasn't cut out for the KHL/VHL in his DY) What does that mean? You seriously think he wasn't suited or capable of playing at the very least in the VHL? While absolutely destroying the MHL?

Also you say : best player historically for his age in every league and every level that he plays in
He was not, or else he would have played in the VHL.

Same reason habs fan say Michkov didn't play for SKA.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jfhabs

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

Should I give Demidov credit for a league that he didn't play in? He didn't play in the VHL in his DY, for whatever reason that may be. We're in a Michkov vs. Demidov thread. Michkov has been playing a literal league above Demidov for their D-1 and DY seasons.

I have to ask you as well, is your first language English? My statements about Michkov historically outproducing his age group vs. not being the best Russian prospect ever do not clash. Both can be true.

• Haha
Reactions: jfhabs and FlyguyOX

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If the Habs drafted Michkov instead of Demidov, HFBoards would be unanimous in declaring Demidov the better prospect! lol
Not even close.

You act like there's some vendetta against the Habs. The Habs fans actions are what there's a vendetta against.

Why is this a 9 page thread? The majority of people prefer Michkov. Habs prefer the player they drafted. Okay, what else is there to discuss?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I don't get why people are mad if some say Michkov is a better prospect ,it dosen't automatically mean he's gonna end up a better player
Absolutely. For myself, I'm just trying to put a bit of nuances for some people who seem to be stat watching or highlight watching only. I'm totally fine with Michkov being considered a better prospect. I have issues with people saying : he's better than Celibrini, he's one or two tiers above Demidov, best russian prospect historically etc.

From my viewings. He's dynamite from the blue line in, but he cheats a lot. He won't be able to cheat that way in the NHL. He'll have significant adjustments to make to be an effective 5vs5 NHL player. (all prospect do to some degree).

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
If the Habs drafted Michkov instead of Demidov, HFBoards would be unanimous in declaring Demidov the better prospect! lol
Not even close. No one would argue about them at all. Because there would not be a fan who would bash Michkov or tried to tell how one or other prospect is better.
People defending great prospect Michkov because part of Hans fan base are telling stupid things and trying to defend one of the stupidest decision on the draft I’m the last ten years, not because they are hating habs.

Reactions: MNRube

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Not even close. No one would argue about them at all. Because there would not be a fan who would bash Michkov or tried to tell how one or other prospect is better.
People defending great prospect Michkov because part of Hans fan base are telling stupid things and trying to defend one of the stupidest decision on the draft I’m the last ten years, not because they are hating habs.
There were a lot of posters that went to shit on Demidov in Demidov's thread only because the Habs drafted him. The same would have happened with Michkov. Such are hfboards' dynamics.

Reactions: viceroy

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Absolutely. For myself, I'm just trying to put a bit of nuances for some people who seem to be stat watching or highlight watching only. I'm totally fine with Michkov being considered a better prospect. I have issues with people saying : he's better than Celibrini, he's one or two tiers above Demidov, best russian prospect historically etc.

From my viewings. He's dynamite from the blue line in, but he cheats a lot. He won't be able to cheat that way in the NHL. He'll have significant adjustments to make to be an effective 5vs5 NHL player. (all prospect do to some degree).

The he “cheats” comment as wild as saying Demidov has a wild skating style he’ll never be that good or he’ll never even be an average skater, Michkov just trends better it would be rather shocking if he’s not superior given his historic stats at the age he’s produced. Can Demidov be better sure, but it’s highly unlikely based off their bodies of work and everything we know about both players.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Michkov is Luka Doncic on ice - the European prodigy with questionable physical characteristics who everyone knew should’ve went higher. He also happens to play a completely unique style. There is a Demidov in every draft

Reactions: HabzSauce

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Michkov is Luka Doncic on ice - the European prodigy with questionable physical characteristics who everyone knew should’ve went higher. He also happens to play a completely unique style. There is a Demidov in every draft

I’d have to hate to look at your notifications soon, this is kinda accurate.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The he “cheats” comment as wild as saying Demidov has a wild skating style he’ll never be that good or he’ll never even be an average skater, Michkov just trends better it would be rather shocking if he’s not superior given his historic stats at the age he’s produced. Can Demidov be better sure, but it’s highly unlikely based off their bodies of work and everything we know about both players.
Really? I've not watched all his games , but I watch 4 or 5 and he literally disappears from the screen.

I agree tho that he's very likely going to produce more in the NHL. Not all production is equal tho.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Really? I've not watched all his games , but I watch 4 or 5 and he literally disappears from the screen.

I agree tho that he's very likely going to produce more in the NHL. Not all production is equal tho.
I wanted to type paragraphs but I’m too tired, neither player will be a defensive dynamo, a 19 year old cheated on a dumpster fire team in the KHL sometimes, yup, did you watch Mr. Bedard last year, he’ll figure it out too.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
I wanted to type paragraphs but I’m too tired, neither player will be a defensive dynamo, a 19 year old cheated on a dumpster fire team in the KHL sometimes, yup, did you watch Mr. Bedard last year, he’ll figure it out too.

Great take

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal

Michkov is without a doubt the better prospect. Without the rumoured attitude problems (I don't know anything about what happened tbh), he is easily in that top 4 (top 5 with Smith) group from last years draft and arguably number 2. That said us Habs fans are very happy with Demidov

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Michkov is without a doubt the better prospect. Without the rumoured attitude problems (I don't know anything about what happened tbh), he is easily in that top 4 (top 5 with Smith) group from last years draft and arguably number 2. That said us Habs fans are very happy with Demidov

Habs fans should be very happy, Demidov appears to be a phenomenal prospect. Who knows, maybe he even ends up the better player. But as of today's date in August of 2024, Michkov seems to quite definitively be the better prospect at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad