Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
How does it make someone an idiot to look at a player and stats, and deem the clearly superior player superior lol? Explain? Can you explain in any compacity what puts them on the same level right now as prospects?
IT makes a fool to claim his opinion is fact when comparing an 18 year old to a 19 year old. At this stage, its too early. They aren't even in the same draft class. There isn't enough data to support a projection of their NHL fate.

You are entitled to your opinion, as are the other fans in here who believe Demidov is the superior prospect. There is no right or wrong answer here. There is just opinion.

Too early to project. I like them both the same. Different players that should become superstars in the NHL. I don't favor one over the other. I hope they both succeed. My only concern with Michkov's development is Torterella.

Reactions: viceroy and akz

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
IT makes a fool to claim his opinion is fact when comparing an 18 year old to a 19 year old. At this stage, its too early. They aren't even in the same draft class. There isn't enough data to support a projection of their NHL fate.

You are entitled to your opinion, as are the other fans in here who believe Demidov is the superior prospect. There is no right or wrong answer here. There is just opinion.

Too early to project. I like them both the same. Different players that should become superstars in the NHL. I don't favor one over the other. I hope they both succeed. My only concern with Michkov's development is Torterella.

What are you even typing right now, fool to claim opinion as fact? Michkov has been better than Demidov at every single stage of their lives when you compare the players. I don't understand what you're even saying. People have the entitlement to their own opinion of course, but all i ask is that you truly feel a certain way can you provide stats, evidence and something of value that proves your opinion. At this point specific people get upset and resort to attacking because the truth hurts. I don't understand why or what thats about, I love to debate hockey and I even like Demidov, but they arent equal it's just the truth, in the current point in time. Michkov will be fine in Philly and I even think Demidov will come into a more favorable position than him because of MTL's top 6. But we have yet to see him play against men, if he puts up 13 points in a full KHL season next year then what? Lots of factors come into play but Michkov is one of the best prospects I've seen in a long time and he has the numbers and bravado to back it up, I would be utterly shocked if he wasn't a superstar one day.

• Love
Reactions: LeProspector

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What are you even typing right now, fool to claim opinion as fact? Michkov has been better than Demidov at every single stage of their lives when you compare the players. I don't understand what you're even saying. People have the entitlement to their own opinion of course, but all i ask is that you truly feel a certain way can you provide stats, evidence and something of value that proves your opinion. At this point specific people get upset and resort to attacking because the truth hurts. I don't understand why or what thats about, I love to debate hockey and I even like Demidov, but they arent equal it's just the truth, in the current point in time. Michkov will be fine in Philly and I even think Demidov will come into a more favorable position than him because of MTL's top 6. But we have yet to see him play against men, if he puts up 13 points in a full KHL season next year then what? Lots of factors come into play but Michkov is one of the best prospects I've seen in a long time and he has the numbers and bravado to back it up, I would be utterly shocked if he wasn't a superstar one day.
Players are drafted based on what their future projects will be, and not purely on their stats. Demidov's stats are more than fine. But what makes him special is his rare game breaking ability, hockey IQ and vision. Michkov has similiar star quality attributes. That's what i compare them on. Not some irrelevant junior stats. I compare based on their talent, hockeyIQ, physical attributes and game breaking ability.

Only a fool will compare players that are a year apart based on junior stats. That's not what scouts do. That's what lazy couch potatoes do!

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Players are drafted based on what their future projects will be, and not purely on their stats. Demidov's stats are more than fine. But what makes him special is his rare game breaking ability, hockey IQ and vision. Michkov has similiar star quality attributes. That's what i compare them on. Not some irrelevant junior stats. I compare based on their talent, hockeyIQ, physical attributes and game breaking ability.

Only a fool will compare players that are a year apart based on junior stats. That's not what scouts do. That's what lazy couch potatoes do!

Junior stats? Michkov has been putting up historic stats against men for a 17-19 year old the past few years, Demidov plays in an ECHL or worse level league. Do you proofread before your post? Bro im dying laughing :huh::laugh::laugh::huh:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Junior stats? Michkov has been putting up historic stats against men for a 17-19 year old the past few years, Demidov plays in an ECHL or worse level league. Do you proofread before your post? Bro im dying laughing :huh::laugh::laugh::huh:
You missed the point again (and again and again). Scouts evaluate players based on their talent, hockeyIQ, physical attributes, intangibles and game breaking ability. Only a lazy couch potato focusses solely on stats for junior aged players. But continue on... Your opinion is as valued as anyone elses on here. Maybe a tad less given your lack of comprehension.

Reactions: viceroy

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
You missed the point again (and again and again). Scouts evaluate players based on their talent, hockeyIQ, physical attributes, intangibles and game breaking ability. Only a lazy couch potato focusses solely on stats for junior aged players. But continue on...
What is a couch potato wtf? lol. Demidov doesn't play in the KHL for a reason, Michkov puts up historic numbers in the KHL, they're only a year apart, and Michkov did it at the same age as Demidov last year. I'm not sure what you use to evaluate things, but if you're this way, I have something I'd like to sell you DM me.

You missed the point again (and again and again). Scouts evaluate players based on their talent, hockeyIQ, physical attributes, intangibles and game breaking ability. Only a lazy couch potato focusses solely on stats for junior aged players. But continue on... Your opinion is as valued as anyone elses on here. Maybe a tad less given your lack of comprehension.

Nice edit man, yeah you're IQ is through the roof, you're validated loool

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What is a couch potato wtf? lol. Demidov doesn't play in the KHL for a reason, Michkov puts up historic numbers in the KHL, they're only a year apart, and Michkov did it at the same age as Demidov last year. I'm not sure what you use to evaluate things, but if you're this way, I have something I'd like to sell you DM me.
And again, i appreciate your opinion. But i choose to wait and see what transpires as both players are uber talented and have superstar ceilings. Will be interesting to see who becomes the better player. Obviously, its too early to tell.

ps. google couch potato. Or look in a mirror.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
And again, i appreciate your opinion. But i choose to wait and see what transpires as both players are uber talented and have superstar ceilings. Will be interesting to see who becomes the better player. Obviously, its too early to tell.

Sure, someone could blow a knee out, someone could have a freak accident. As it currently sits the best bet is Michkov to be superior. Unless Demidov somehow learns to skate better and his IQ reaches Michkovs level by some freak of nature accident? I don't understand why this is so diffcult to accept as a reality for some people, when it is in fact reality. Likelyhood is not an absolute certainty, there's many factors at play, but unless you're a blind homer you choose Michkov 10/10 times if you truly watch both players. I loved Demidov's second half last year he showed a different gear, but he isn't Michkov, sorry it just is the absolute truth. And I have never claimed Michkov to be generational like some people, I didn't even think MCD would be generational.

Reactions: Montrealcowboys

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sure, someone could blow a knee out, someone could have a freak accident. As it currently sits the best bet is Michkov to be superior. Unless Demidov someone learns to skate better and his IQ reaches Michkovs level by some freak of nature accident?
Brilliant analysis.

Here's another analysis.

One of these two talented prospects could become better than the other. Or they might both become equally productive. Or they both may fail. Or they might get injured. No one knows.

But what we do know is they are very talented (off the charts talented) and have extremely high ceilings.

Reactions: viceroy

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Brilliant analysis.

Here's another analysis.

One of these two talented prospects could become better than the other. Or they might both become equally productive. Or they both may fail. Or they might get injured. No one knows.

But what we do know is they are very talented (off the charts talented) and have extremely high ceilings.

Both are NHL players, 0% chance they both fail lmao. That's silly. At the absolute worst both are top 6 forwards, beyond a horrific injury they can't play

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
One could blow out a knee. Or get Tortorella'd. The future has not been written.

You're telling me you dont watch Michkov by typing that, theres absolutely 0% chance. I can't even remember the last prospect, besides Bedard / McDavid that had his IQ and skill level it's been awhile since Crosby AO, if he doesn't play in the NHL than I'm the King of England too.

Reactions: LeProspector

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Michkov went to a metro team so he is +50% as a prospect. Demidov went to Montreal so -224% as a prospect. Thus michkov is better ainec. Also demidov is barely a top 50 prospect and his supposed pre-draft upside was a ruse by the hockey world to send him to Montreal three picks after his ranked position.

The prospects taken before demidov are far inferior to the ones taken before michkov too so Demidov is basically a 32nd overall pick. Habs will be lucky if he even makes the NHL.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Why call them stupid? Maybe in 3 years you can. You're just as bad as the habs homers but on the opposite end lol
I’m not. Because I watched both pre draft and post draft. I know what I’m talking about. And I wasn’t who started to bash on this kid and lie about him.
And I never said nothing bad about Reinbacher. I liked prospect a lot.

It doesn’t change the fact that Hughes was stupid with his decision and I made enough arguments for that.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Offensively - Maybe. They needed a RHD badly and Reinbacher could still have a bigger impact overall on a game (in general) than Michkov at their prime.

They passed on Michkov but so did Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose and Arizona/Utah.
You can fix your need on the market. You can’t find talent of Michkov level on ELC somewhere away from the draft.

Chicago made right pick. Ducks would never draft him even if this draft was full of goons only. Both Jackets and Sharks needs center hard. First line center is a base. And I’m not ready to say that at least Sharks made right pick there. At least their media and fans don’t spend effort to bash on Michkov. From all the sources Arizona were the only team Michkov wasn’t the fan of, even if he literally said by himself he would play for Arizona if they would draft him. Still not a good pick. Still there were no effort from media and fans to bash on Michkov.
Mtl is a different case, they didn’t have need in first line center, they didn’t have an option, they spent a lot of effort to sh1t on Michkov and gpfans are trying to reationalize it.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
You can fix your need on the market. You can’t find talent of Michkov level on ELC somewhere away from the draft.

Chicago made right pick. Ducks would never draft him even if this draft was full of goons only. Both Jackets and Sharks needs center hard.

???:huh:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Chicago made right pick. Ducks would never draft him even if this draft was full of goons only. Both Jackets and Sharks needs center hard. First line center is a base. And I’m not ready to say that at least Sharks made right pick there. At least their media and fans don’t spend effort to bash on Michkov. From all the sources Arizona were the only team Michkov wasn’t the fan of, even if he literally said by himself he would play for Arizona if they would draft him. Still not a good pick. Still there were no effort from media and fans to bash on Michkov.
Mtl is a different case, they didn’t have need in first line center, they didn’t have an option, they spent a lot of effort to sh1t on Michkov and gpfans are trying to reationalize it.
It’s funny you talk about Chicago making the right pick in drafting a potential future first pair RHD instead of a potential future first line winger. It’s much easier and cost less assets to acquire a first line winger than it is to acquire a top pairing RHD.

I’ll leave it at that. Reinbacher was the right pick.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It’s funny you talk about Chicago making the right pick in drafting a potential future first pair RHD instead of a potential future first line winger. It’s much easier and cost less assets to acquire a first line winger than it is to acquire a top pairing RHD.

I’ll leave it at that. Reinbacher was the right pick.
Good luck to find a partner to trade for less assets for a player like Michkov than for their right defenseman like Reinbacher.

There were a couple of words about base. And another couple of words about is it still a good pick.
Taking words out of context. Classic.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
You trade the player Demidov replaced on the depth chart for a player that fits the team needs.

for example

Habs drafted Silayev or Dickinson, When one of them is NHL ready you trade Guhle for Zegras/Poitras/Silinger etc

I get the idea, I was just teasing him. But on a more serious note, the idea doesn't works that well in my opinion. Remember what happened the last 2 time the Habs traded their promising LD for a fit upfront (McDonagh, Sergachev). Let's not do that again. :sarcasm:

1. It takes two to tango. Will there be a team out there that has what you want and need what you need? Maybe there is today, but a lot can change in a couple of years.
  2. If yes, is that player in the same age-range, similar cap hit?
  3. Other teams are aware you have a surplus. If they're not as desperate as you are to trade from a place of need, they'll see you coming from a mile away and extract every ounce of value they can.
In your example, drafting Silayev and trading Guhle in a couple years would be a lateral move at best, if not a disaster waiting to happen. So say in 3 years we're now a playoff team. Guhle would now be 25. Which forward are we acquiring in exchange of 25 years old Guhle? Of the players you named as example, Poitras/Sillinger are not on the trajectory to return Guhle. Zegras right now yes, but who knows in 3 years? Now let's say Zegras has become a PPG player center by then, then why would the Ducks trade him? They already have Mintyukov as their future #1 LD, Zellweger, they just drafted Solberg and have plenty of D prospect already. Anaheim are trading me Zegras for Guhle but then now they would become the team with a surplus of LD.
Why would they do that?

Let's say by then Poitras becomes that #1/#2 center for Boston. Boston has Swayman and one of the best D-Core for a while but they will need some goals scoring. They would be trading from a position of weakness (offense) to add another Dman? I mean sure nice for the Habs but why would they do that? If anything, they'll probably be on the market to trade one of their D for another F as well just like us.

The stars would have to align. In a couple of years, another team would have to be flush with Forwards and starving for a LD. One of the forwards they'd be willing to trade would have to be in the same age range (23-27). Habs are not trading Guhle, their top LD at the beginning of his prime and at the beginning of their contention window for a 32YO forward or a rookie. And the contract situation would have to be similar. Look at Necas/Zegras. One could argue they have similar value to Guhle in a vaccum. But 0% chance Montreal trade Guhle for either of them due to the contract situation. Necas is a UFA in 2 years and can walk and Zegras is up for a contract in 2 years. Guhle new contract extentions doesn't kick in until next season and is good until 2031 at 5.5M.

And I'm not even gonna get into the fact that Dman take longer to develop. We trade Guhle at 25 to make room for 21YO Silayev? Silayev is NHL ready at 21, but is he NHL playoffs ready? Now the defense is green again and we're not going far in the playoffs relying on a rookie. Trading Guhle in a couple years would set the timeline back. And what are the odds Silayev/Dickinson even becomes as good as Guhle is now? There's no guarantee.

Just drafting the BPA with the idea that you can address your needs by trading your surplus down the line requires a lot of things to line up for you not to get screwed over. Fans sometimes don't like it, but teams see the draft as a roster building exercise where they have a long-term view on how to build their roster into a contender and they use their draft picks as pieces of the puzzle to put that vision together.

If you rebuild well and don't spend an eternity at the bottom, you only get so many top picks. You can't draft Wingers after wingers after wingers because BPA. If we would have drafted Michkov last year and Demidov this year that's where we'd currently be. Caufield/Slafkovsky/Michkov/Demidov. Our team would be on the verge of exiting the rebuilding while built on wingers. Me personally I would have drafted Michkov and Demidov back to back. :cool::laugh: But I understand why they did it the way they did it. Most teams at the top drafted for need in this past draft. Chicago with Lev, CBJ don't need wingers so went with the big center, we needed the game-breaking talent, Ottawa was desperate for a RD, Silayev perfect fit for NJ, Dickinson to SJ, Philly passed on Buium to reach for Luchanko because they have literally 0 centers, and Buium was the last missing piece for the Wild prospect pool, Buium-Faber for the next decade+ gonna be nasty. Only team I really don't know is Anaheim because who knows what those weirdos are thinking.

This upcoming draft will be another great case study for BPA. A draft class that is expected to be centers heavy at the top, but a couple of the teams expected to pick high again this year have already drafted their 2 centers of the future. Those teams are not passing on the 2 gigantic skilled power forwards ala Tkachuk (Martone,McQueen) or one the few D (Schaefer, Hensler, Tretheway).

For Montreal, we’ll finish bottom 6-8 again and one of the top centers will for sure be available to us. They will get their hands on one of Hagens/Ryabkin/Frondell/Misa/Desnoyers no doubt. People were saying we got unlucky getting #5 in the Bedard draft and missing out on the 4 centers. We got the smooth skating lockdown 6”3 RD, gave him 2 years to get ready and looks like we will still get that center we need after all. And in between those 2 we got Demidov.

They’ll leave the rebuild with two #1Wingers (Slaf, Demidov), a #1RD (Reinbacher) and a #1/#2C (upcoming draft). To add that to Suzuki/Caufield/Guhle and the strength of the prospect pool in only 4 years, I think the fanbase will quickly forget about Michkov.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I get the idea, I was just teasing him. But on a more serious note, the idea doesn't works that well in my opinion. Remember what happened the last 2 time the Habs traded their promising LD for a fit upfront (McDonagh, Sergachev). Let's not do that again. :sarcasm:

1. It takes two to tango. Will there be a team out there that has what you want and need what you need? Maybe there is today, but a lot can change in a couple of years.
  2. If yes, is that player in the same age-range, similar cap hit?
  3. Other teams are aware you have a surplus. If they're not as desperate as you are to trade from a place of need, they'll see you coming from a mile away and extract every ounce of value they can.
In your example, drafting Silayev and trading Guhle in a couple years would be a lateral move at best, if not a disaster waiting to happen. So say in 3 years we're now a playoff team. Guhle would now be 25. Which forward are we acquiring in exchange of 25 years old Guhle? Of the players you named as example, Poitras/Sillinger are not on the trajectory to return Guhle. Zegras right now yes, but who knows in 3 years? Now let's say Zegras has become a PPG player center by then, then why would the Ducks trade him? They already have Mintyukov as their future #1 LD, Zellweger, they just drafted Solberg and have plenty of D prospect already. Anaheim are trading me Zegras for Guhle but then now they would become the team with a surplus of LD.
Why would they do that?

Let's say by then Poitras becomes that #1/#2 center for Boston. Boston has Swayman and one of the best D-Core for a while but they will need some goals scoring. They would be trading from a position of weakness (offense) to add another Dman? I mean sure nice for the Habs but why would they do that? If anything, they'll probably be on the market to trade one of their D for another F as well just like us.

The stars would have to align. In a couple of years, another team would have to be flush with Forwards and starving for a LD. One of the forwards they'd be willing to trade would have to be in the same age range (23-27). Habs are not trading Guhle, their top LD at the beginning of his prime and at the beginning of their contention window for a 32YO forward or a rookie. And the contract situation would have to be similar. Look at Necas/Zegras. One could argue they have similar value to Guhle in a vaccum. But 0% chance Montreal trade Guhle for either of them due to the contract situation. Necas is a UFA in 2 years and can walk and Zegras is up for a contract in 2 years. Guhle new contract extentions doesn't kick in until next season and is good until 2031 at 5.5M.

And I'm not even gonna get into the fact that Dman take longer to develop. We trade Guhle at 25 to make room for 21YO Silayev? Silayev is NHL ready at 21, but is he NHL playoffs ready? Now the defense is green again and we're not going far in the playoffs relying on a rookie. Trading Guhle in a couple years would set the timeline back. And what are the odds Silayev/Dickinson even becomes as good as Guhle is now? There's no guarantee.

Just drafting the BPA with the idea that you can address your needs by trading your surplus down the line requires a lot of things to line up for you not to get screwed over. Fans sometimes don't like it, but teams see the draft as a roster building exercise where they have a long-term view on how to build their roster into a contender and they use their draft picks as pieces of the puzzle to put that vision together.

If you rebuild well and don't spend an eternity at the bottom, you only get so many top picks. You can't draft Wingers after wingers after wingers because BPA. If we would have drafted Michkov last year and Demidov this year that's where we'd currently be. Caufield/Slafkovsky/Michkov/Demidov. Our team would be on the verge of exiting the rebuilding while built on wingers. Me personally I would have drafted Michkov and Demidov back to back. :cool::laugh: But I understand why they did it the way they did it. Most teams at the top drafted for need in this past draft. Chicago with Lev, CBJ don't need wingers so went with the big center, we needed the game-breaking talent, Ottawa was desperate for a RD, Silayev perfect fit for NJ, Dickinson to SJ, Philly passed on Buium to reach for Luchanko because they have literally 0 centers, and Buium was the last missing piece for the Wild prospect pool, Buium-Faber for the next decade+ gonna be nasty. Only team I really don't know is Anaheim because who knows what those weirdos are thinking.

This upcoming draft will be another great case study for BPA. A draft class that is expected to be centers heavy at the top, but a couple of the teams expected to pick high again this year have already drafted their 2 centers of the future. Those teams are not passing on the 2 gigantic skilled power forwards ala Tkachuk (Martone,McQueen) or one the few D (Schaefer, Hensler, Tretheway).

For Montreal, we’ll finish bottom 6-8 again and one of the top centers will for sure be available to us. They will get their hands on one of Hagens/Ryabkin/Frondell/Misa/Desnoyers no doubt. People were saying we got unlucky getting #5 in the Bedard draft and missing out on the 4 centers. We got the smooth skating lockdown 6”3 RD, gave him 2 years to get ready and looks like we will still get that center we need after all. And in between those 2 we got Demidov.

They’ll leave the rebuild with two #1Wingers (Slaf, Demidov), a #1RD (Reinbacher) and a #1/#2C (upcoming draft). To add that to Suzuki/Caufield/Guhle and the strength of the prospect pool in only 4 years, I think the fanbase will quickly forget about Michkov.

Imagine you could have drafted, say, Kucherov but drafted someone like... I don't know... Dobson instead, a very good young defenseman without question. When will you forget that you could have had Kucherov but got Dobson? I'm pretty sure never... Ok, probably you will if the team wins the cup, that's the only way.

Reactions: Xirik

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Michkov went to a metro team so he is +50% as a prospect. Demidov went to Montreal so -224% as a prospect. Thus michkov is better ainec. Also demidov is barely a top 50 prospect and his supposed pre-draft upside was a ruse by the hockey world to send him to Montreal three picks after his ranked position.

The prospects taken before demidov are far inferior to the ones taken before michkov too so Demidov is basically a 32nd overall pick. Habs will be lucky if he even makes the NHL.
Yeah buddy, keep telling yourself the world is against you.

Not that Michkov has is a generational Russian prospect that has exceeded expectations at every level, every year.

No one is saying Demidov is bad, we all know he’s good, Michkov is just at another level entirely, LOOK AT THE STATS. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad