Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Demidov makes far superior pancakes. Michkov boils water better then anyone.

Hard to tell which is the better break dancer.

These grand declarations and conclusions just crack me up. I've been around long enough to remember superstars like Daigle...and the lesson of "they have to play against man who don't mind hurting them".

Unlikely but don't be suprised if they are less then what we dream they are. Crosby has lived through a lot of pain heaped on him. So will Demidov and Michkov.

Anyone see were i put my meme? The one that Yoda declares "Patience. You need."

• Haha
Reactions: akz and Sombastate

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Since this thread is now famous, my prediction:

Michkov: Top 2 NHL'er of his generation. Could end up the best. Will lead the Flyers to at least one Stanley Cup and win at least two Hart trophies, along with at least three Rockets. Will be recognized at the end of his career as a top 5 Russian player ever.

Demidov: Will hit 100 points 2 or 3 times. Will be right around 1PPG for his career and probably around 1,000 games. Will have a few seasons as a top 5 winger in the league. Might contend for a Hart his best season, while being known as a first line winger for like 10 years.

Michkov with a clear edge in his career over Demidov, but Demidov will be a very good NHL'er player also.

Go ahead and laugh now. You won't be doing so when people look back on this thread in 20 years.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Michkov

But it's not that crazy to say Demidov is not really far in term of potential. Michkov has a better IQ, shot and incredible positioning on the ice. Demidov has more compete level, defensive awareness and passing skills than Michkov. It's like saying do you want Kaprizov or Kucherov on your team.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site

Michkov: Top 2 NHL'er of his generation. Could end up the best. Will lead the Flyers to at least one Stanley Cup and win at least two Hart trophies, along with at least three Rockets. Will be recognized at the end of his career as a top 5 Russian player ever.

Demidov: Will hit 100 points 2 or 3 times. Will be right around 1PPG for his career and probably around 1,000 games. Will have a few seasons as a top 5 winger in the league. Might contend for a Hart his best season, while being known as a first line winger for like 10 years.

Michkov with a clear edge in his career over Demidov, but Demidov will be a very good NHL'er player also.

Go ahead and laugh now. You won't be doing so when people look back on this thread in 20 years.
I think it's hilarious that you think ANYONE will be looking at this thread 20 years from now.

1723610839963.gif

Reactions: Gravity

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

I laughed before you gave me permission to. Sorry.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

So he will be a poor man’s Kravtsov?

Reactions: Realgud

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
As a Habs fan, I am going to say Michkov for now. Obviously I hope for Demidov.

I was all aboard the hype train or Michkov pre-draft and felt that he was a 1b to Bedard's 1a. It would be foolish for me to back down from that now, with the way Michkov has continued to develop.

My viewings are very much limited to international competition and youtube highlights. I saw Michkov play internationally before Russia kicked themselves out of competition. Obviously, I have not seen Demi against the best players his age and older and therefore, my viewings are limited to hype videos.

I am extremely excited for Demi. I hope that he is better than Michkov. Only time will paint the true picture.

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
I'll take Demidov. I prefer how he creates plays out of nothing, some of the best high levels of creativity and hands I have rarely seen in a prospect since Jack Hughes, his ability to slow down the game, and his better compete level than Michkov. I don't see any major weaknesses in his game outside of improving his footspeed.

As for Michkov, he's an opportunistic demon where if you forget about him for a split second he'll make you pay with his lethal shot and good positioning but outside of that, I don't feel like he controls the game nearly as much as guys like Bedard, Celebrini, and Demidov. If he's too reliant on outsmarting other teams slacking off or defenders making mistakes in the regular seasons, he's likely to go invisible come playoff times because the game becomes tighter and guys rarely make mistakes at that part of the season.

Reactions: viceroy and Maitz

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'll take Demidov. I prefer how he creates plays out of nothing, some of the best high levels of creativity and hands I have rarely seen in a prospect since Jack Hughes, his ability to slow down the game, and his better compete level than Michkov. I don't see any major weaknesses in his game outside of improving his footspeed.

As for Michkov, he's an opportunistic demon where if you forget about him for a split second he'll make you pay with his lethal shot and good positioning but outside of that, I don't feel like he controls the game nearly as much as guys like Bedard, Celebrini, and Demidov. If he's too reliant on outsmarting other teams slacking off or defenders making mistakes in the regular seasons, he's likely to go invisible come playoff times because the game becomes tighter and guys rarely make mistakes at that part of the season.
lol . He’s not in that grouping of players . He hasn’t proven himself vs men at any level . But sure lump him in with borderline generational talents / 1 st overalls ..Michkov can score literally any way( and has done so routinely against older / bigger comp ) . Incredible playmaker to boot . Your scouting report needs a major overhaul ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Montrealcowboys

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
lol . He’s not in that grouping of players . He hasn’t proven himself vs men at any level . But sure lump him in with borderline generational talents / 1 st overalls ..Michkov can score literally any way( and has done so routinely against older / bigger comp ) . Incredible playmaker to boot . Your scouting report needs a major overhaul ..

Was Buium a better prospect than Makar in their draft year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad