Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
lol . He’s not in that grouping of players . He hasn’t proven himself vs men at any level . But sure lump him in with borderline generational talents / 1 st overalls ..Michkov can score literally any way( and has done so routinely against older / bigger comp ) . Incredible playmaker to boot . Your scouting report needs a major overhaul ..
You're the one who implying I'm calling Demidov generational, I'm not. I'm simply stating that he will bring more to the table as a player to a team than Michkov. Celebrini and Demidov are in the same group of franchise players and if he were to play in North America instead of that weak russian league because SKA was salty he wouldn't sign long-term, he'd probably go 1st or at least seriously contest that position on multiple scouting lists. This "playing against men argument" doesn't mean crap to me because I'm looking at their skill sets and how transferable they are to the NHL. Cale Makar was ass-whooping future plumbers in the AJHL just as he's currently making the best defensemen in the world look foolish in the NHL. Altough Demidov is no Makar, his game transfers to the league just as great as it was for Jack Hughes(without being scrawny like him) and Patrick Kane. I could expect a 60-70 points rookie season from him and around 100 to 110 points in his prime.

Michkov will more than likely end up becoming a better goal scorer and win some Maurice Richards here and there but I wouldn't be surprised if Demidov ends up with more points and has more playoff successes

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
You're the one who implying I'm calling Demidov generational, I'm not. I'm simply stating that he will bring more to the table as a player to a team than Michkov. Celebrini and Demidov are in the same group of franchise players and if he were to play in North America instead of that weak russian league because SKA was salty he wouldn't sign long-term, he'd probably go 1st or at least seriously contest that position on multiple scouting lists. This "playing against men argument" doesn't mean crap to me because I'm looking at their skill sets and how transferable they are to the NHL. Cale Makar was ass-whooping future plumbers in the AJHL just as he's currently making the best defensemen in the world look foolish in the NHL. Altough Demidov is no Makar, his game transfers to the league just as great as it was for Jack Hughes(without being scrawny like him) and Patrick Kane. I could expect a 60-70 points rookie season from him and around 100 to 110 points in his prime.

Michkov will more than likely end up becoming a better goal scorer and win some Maurice Richards here and there but I wouldn't be surprised if Demidov ends up with more points and has more playoff successes

I'll have some of whatever you're smoking / drinking. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Silky Johnson

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Sure because let's take the guy with the pfp of Michkov to be unbiased. I like Demidov better, that's fine if you think otherwise
My profile pic has nothing to do with stats, facts and logic, grasp at straws friend! Demidov trends to be a very good 1st line level guy and it’s gonna be interesting to see his KHL production this year, Michkov trends differently. I’m sorry that it hurts your feelings.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
My profile pic has nothing to do with stats, facts and logic, grasp at straws friend! Demidov trends to be a very good 1st line level guy and it’s gonna be interesting to see his KHL production this year, Michkov trends differently. I’m sorry that it hurts your feelings.
Because of his current contract status, Demidov can't be loaned to another KHL team. It's not worth much to compare them at 17-18 when they had different contract situations and pressure from their team from it.

I'll reserve judgement for when they'll both be in North America. Even then, chances are Demidov will come into a much better environment in Montreal than Michkov in Philly. That should affect their respective production.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
Going straight into the personal attacks and calling someone drunk or drugged for sharing a different opinion than yours has nothing to do with facts and logic but with you being an imbecile who can't entertain anything beyond his scope of biases. And sorry but it'll take way more than you claiming Michkov is better than Demidov to hurt my feelings

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
They were never taking both, regardless of what fans may have wanted. Would I prefer Michkov and Parekh/Yakemchuk over Demidov and Reinbacher? I'll get back to you in a decade or so.
I think the closest player to Reinbacher in the recent draft would be Silayev or Dickinson so probably Michkov + Silayev/Dickinson vs Demidov and Reinbacher.

• Haha
Reactions: Baksfamous112

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I think the closest player to Reinbacher in the recent draft would be Silayev or Dickinson so probably Michkov + Silayev/Dickinson vs Demidov and Reinbacher.
True but you also have to consider that RHD hold higher value than LHD

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Pf
Pens drafted Malkin Crosby and Staal.

Imagine if they "liked Crosby more" and decided to draft Barker instead of Malkin. Yeah, that would be great.
Rangers drafted Kakko, would be "great" for them to draft Drysdale (with or without trade back,who cares, its fun) instead of Laf. Kreider and Panarin were already part of the team btw.
Devils already drafted Hischier. Why they drafted Hughes? There were another "1OA level" prospect.

Freaking copiumnism. Mtl would not draft both because they already didn't draft both. Thanks God.
Because we don't need to think about Yakemchuk Parekh or even wrong sided Dickinson. Having both Michkov and Demidov would benefit this team and placed them on the highest level potentially. But they decided to not draft Michkov. And they could easily stay without Demidov this year - its Ducks who decided to draft Sennecke, not Lindstrom. If they would decide to make a different move - there would be no any Demidov on the table for Mtl. So there were no "can't draft both" - they could draft no one. First one because of stupidity, second one because of different teams. But they were lucky enough to have Demidov on the table.

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Going straight into the personal attacks and calling someone drunk or drugged for sharing a different opinion than yours has nothing to do with facts and logic but with you being an imbecile who can't entertain anything beyond his scope of biases. And sorry but it'll take way more than you claiming Michkov is better than Demidov to hurt my feelings
Wait what ? Did I miss a post where someone was called drunk or drugged up for their belief? I apologize if I’m wrong but maybe something got lost in translation ; cause I don’t see anything like that ( unless I missed it which is possible ) .

• Haha
Reactions: HeadLiceHatty

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
RHD.

Pf

Imagine if they "liked Crosby more" and decided to draft Barker instead of Malkin. Yeah, that would be great.
Rangers drafted Kakko, would be "great" for them to draft Drysdale (with or without trade back,who cares, its fun) instead of Laf. Kreider and Panarin were already part of the team btw.
Devils already drafted Hischier. Why they drafted Hughes? There were another "1OA level" prospect.

Freaking copiumnism. Mtl would not draft both because they already didn't draft both. Thanks God.
Because we don't need to think about Yakemchuk Parekh or even wrong sided Dickinson. Having both Michkov and Demidov would benefit this team and placed them on the highest level potentially. But they decided to not draft Michkov. And they could easily stay without Demidov this year - it’s Ducks who decided to draft Sennecke, not Lindstrom. If they would decide to make a different move - there would be no any Demidov on the table for Mtl. So there were no "can't draft both" - they could draft no one. First one because of stupidity, second one because of different teams. But they were lucky enough to have Demidov on the table.
That’s great, HuGo wasn’t. Apply for a job with them if you feel so strongly. They took a wing in 2022 as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Pf

Because we don't need to think about Yakemchuk Parekh or even wrong sided Dickinson. Having both Michkov and Demidov would benefit this team and placed them on the highest level potentially. But they decided to not draft Michkov. And they could easily stay without Demidov this year - its Ducks who decided to draft Sennecke, not Lindstrom. If they would decide to make a different move - there would be no any Demidov on the table for Mtl. So there were no "can't draft both" - they could draft no one. First one because of stupidity, second one because of different teams. But they were lucky enough to have Demidov on the table.
Offensively - Maybe. They needed a RHD badly and Reinbacher could still have a bigger impact overall on a game (in general) than Michkov at their prime.

They passed on Michkov but so did Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose and Arizona/Utah.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Pf

Why call them stupid? Maybe in 3 years you can. You're just as bad as the habs homers but on the opposite end lol

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Going straight into the personal attacks and calling someone drunk or drugged for sharing a different opinion than yours has nothing to do with facts and logic but with you being an imbecile who can't entertain anything beyond his scope of biases. And sorry but it'll take way more than you claiming Michkov is better than Demidov to hurt my feelin never tried to hurt your feelings, I even said I hope you’re okay, you’re clearly hurt lol. I’m an imbecile because I look at Michkov and Demidov and their progressions and see that Michkov is clearly a level above at the current point in time? lol
I don’t even Know you and thankfully never will, but I never personally attacked you, but this actually made me crack up thanks for that lol. Your response tells me you’re hurt lmao, I hope you’re ok haha ( and I mean it ). Michkov has progressed superior to Demidov at their respective ages and trends to be a better hockey player most likely, sorry facts hurt your feelings. It’s a nice day outside go enjoy it please lol.

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why is this comparison so contentious? They are both talented players with high ceilings. They are a year apart in development. We can't compare until both have played at least 3 seasons in the NHL. Until then.... No one knows.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Why is this comparison so contentious? They are both talented players with high ceilings. They are a year apart in development. We can't compare until both have played at least 3 seasons in the NHL. Until then.... No one knows.
Michkov is a better prospect than Demidov, many Habs fans ( not all there’s some decent ones too ) can’t get over they drafted Reinbacher over him so they come in here to try to make people think Demidov is in the same tier, even calling him generational. That’s why, obsession and cope. And you’re right who knows until they play, but as prospects there’s a very clear gap.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Michkov is a better prospect than Demidov, many Habs fans ( not all there’s some decent ones too ) can’t get over they drafted Reinbacher over him so they come in here to try to make people think Demidov is in the same tier, even calling him generational. That’s why, obsession and cope.
No one knows who is the better prospect until they have at least played 3 years in the NHL. Until then, its simply your opinion. A guess. That's it.

Chill dude, and enjoy both players.

Reactions: Kiirin and akz

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
No one knows who is the better prospect until they have at least played 3 years in the NHL. Until then, its simply your opinion. A guess. That's it.

Chill dude, and enjoy both players.
Who’s not chill? Do you watch the players ? lol. What has Demidov done that proves he’s equal to Michkov currently? Eye test makes it even more clear even beyond the stats.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Who’s not chill? Do you watch the players ? lol
Yep, i watch the players. Very different types of players and both uber talented. Excited to see what they both do in the coming years.

Until then, i am not going to be a fool and claim i know who will become the better player. lol

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yep, i watch the players. Very different types of players and both uber talented. Excited to see what they both do in the coming years.

Until then, i am not going to be an idiot and claim i know who will become the better player. lol
How does it make someone an idiot to look at a player and stats, and deem the clearly superior player superior lol? Explain? Can you explain in any compacity what puts them on the same level right now as prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad