Value of: Michkov to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He did answer that earlier in the thread: Next year’s first. Didnt mention protection but my guess is top 5 protected since MM was a 7th which would be a no from Philly.
For Chicago, I wouldn’t have an issue with a 2024 1st top-2 protected. Given the strength of the 2023 draft, I think that keeps his value roughly on par.

Reactions: JRichard

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Reason he feel so far is by the time he comes to the nhl most gms that could’ve picked him will probably be fired without results. They went the lower risk way in hopes they will have someone making an impact sooner

Reactions: SnS and Tripod

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
He did answer that earlier in the thread: Next year’s first. Didnt mention protection but my guess is top 5 protected since MM was a 7th which would be a no from Philly.

Exactly - it would be a no from Philly and a no from most teams if they had Michkov. As I mentioned before, there are likely teams after #7 that would've taken Michkov even Top 2 - but we don't know every team's draft board and trade ups basically never happen in the Top 8.

As I said, value is totally relative. There's no objective value for anyone - especially a potential franchise player like Michkov.

For Chicago, I wouldn’t have an issue with a 2024 1st top-2 protected. Given the strength of the 2023 draft, I think that keeps his value roughly on par.

But what is Philly's incentive to do that? Is anyone in the Top 2 likely to have the same potential output as Michkov?

Remember this when framing the discussion: Philly doesn't want to do this trade at all. Trading Michkov is the single worst thing the Flyers could do right now. The only incentive to do it with Chicago is to take back a potential franchise player. Otherwise, why would Flyers bother?

That's why the thread was silly to begin with.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Exactly - it would be a no from Philly and a no from most teams if they had Michkov. As I mentioned before, there are likely teams after #7 that would've taken Michkov even Top 2 - but we don't know every team's draft board and trade ups basically never happen in the Top 8.

As I said, value is totally relative. There's no objective value for anyone - especially a potential franchise player like Michkov.

But what is Philly's incentive to do that? Is anyone in the Top 2 likely to have the same potential output as Michkov?

Remember this when framing the discussion: Philly doesn't want to do this trade at all. Trading Michkov is the single worst thing the Flyers could do right now. The only incentive to do it with Chicago is to take back a potential franchise player. Otherwise, why would Flyers bother?

Again, you’re looking at value based only on potential peak value. Anyone who you would be trading with would be looking at reward versus the risk, just like everyone does in every trade always. You may want to pretend the risks that were there three months ago are no longer there, and that’s fine, but no one else would approach a trade from that mindset, and neither would you if the shoe was on the other foot. It’s not a diss on Michkov. But the flyers drafting him doesn’t suddenly mean his open market value is triple what it was.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Again, you’re looking at value based only on potential peak value. Anyone who you would be trading with would be looking at reward versus the risk, just like everyone does in every trade always. You may want to pretend the risks that were there three months ago are no longer there, and that’s fine, but no one else would approach a trade from that mindset, and neither would you if the shoe was on the other foot. It’s not a diss on Michkov. But the flyers drafting him doesn’t suddenly mean his open market value is triple what it was.
Last sentence is silly. Try Michkov to Chicago and pretend he was drafted by Mtl at 5. Answers would be same if not « worse ».

when you say « risk », you mean the KHL contract? If so the risk is decreasing by the month as his release gets closer therefore upping his value. If you mean the « general » Russian risk, well Ariz drafted Simachev at 6 so there’s that.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Last sentence is silly. Try Michkov to Chicago and pretend he was drafted by Mtl at 5. Answers would be same if not « worse ».

when you say « risk », you mean the KHL contract? If so the risk is decreasing by the month as his release gets closer therefore upping his value. If you mean the « general » Russian risk, well Ariz drafted Simachev at 6 so there’s that.
I don’t know how else to say it. If Flyers fans think Michkov’s value has quintupled since draft day because reasons, you’re welcome to think that.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

You're incapable of moving past "he was drafted 7th" and that's all that I really need to know.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

If these teams hypothetically thought he was a #2 dropping, and would have taken him at 2, wouldn’t have we heard rumours of them trying to move heaven and earth to get the 5,6 or 7th picks to draft him? All we have is the Nashville rumour of #15 + Askarov. Good package, but not as outlandish and the asks from Flyer fans in this thread.

Reactions: ole ole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad