Value of: Michkov to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
We're talking the draft coming up, no? Just say you have no idea.
Oh, thought you meant last draft. I know all the top names for 2024, same as you. Neither of us are scouts, so don’t pretend that you are.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I gave you the answer. NHL fears that he won't come over the the NHL (not just in 3 years - but ever).

You seem to be saying that is nonsense. Then I again ask you: What's your answer as to why he dropped? Do you believe 6 players are better than him?
Attitude problem.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No player or combination of players in the Hawks organization is going to make any degree of sense for the Flyers if the offer doesn’t include Bedard. Hawks would also never do that.

It’d have to be an unprotected 2024 1st+ to even get the discussion started.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
that Arizona rumor came up AFTER the draft and sounds more like damage control done by corporations or politicians. Mtl media used that to »explain » the pick as people were going nuts Ending up with « only » DR. We couldnt trade the 5th because Ariz was taking him at 6... Some are buying it i guess.

Nsh rumor was BEFORE the draft. Starving for a goalie, again a Mtl based rumor. Not sure Nsh even considered trading Askarov and pretty sure Hughes thought 15 was too far. Nashville looking for Michkov was rumored. Leonard, Benson, Dvorsky still on the board at 5 Too if Nsh was thing forward not named Michkov. Nsh wasnt moving up for Reinbacher…

Actually Trotz said himself, he tried to move up. That wasn’t Montreal based. But you’re right, he was targeting a forward, probably Michkov, since he said ‘dynamic’.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRichard

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
False…

over the years Russians have fallen on draft boards because of the KHL competition

had He been someone who might be an immigrant born, did development and juniors in Canada it’s more of a him snd bedard debate pre draft.

Russians have fallen off draft boards because of a couple notable busts AND the Russian factor of contracts like Michkov and Kuznetsov AND also the factor that shit with Russia isn't really kosher right now so teams can't really fly into the country to scout hockey players.

If Michkov was a born in the US and did development in juniors... he wouldn't have a complex contract situation in the KHL that would keep him away for several years. My god, man.

And also... there is no trade which Philadelphia would accept that does not involve Bedard unless it was so egregious in value that Chicago would hang up the phone.

Chicago would also not deal Bedard under any circumstances and would probably rather have 3OA and any other pieces they'd have to deal than have to dick around with Michkov's contract stuff.

This is a trade offer that you can do in EA sports, because it ain't happenin in real life.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
If he was valued as the 2nd best prospect in that draft than why didn't other teams attempt to get him?
His value dropped and being Russian and having contract that expires in 3 yrs are not the only reason he dropped.
Lots of suggestions about character has come out.

Agree just saying you were trying to move down to that 5th pick but the Habs declined. Not saying it was good or bad for either team.

#1) He won't be available for 3 years.
#2) The teams holding the picks wanted beaucoup picks for him because he's potentially an ultra stud but the teams wanting to trade up aren't sure he's even going to join their team in 3 years.

The availability concerns are 100% why he dropped. Shit man, probably like 75% of the draft class will be completely out of the AHL/NHL by the time Michkov is ready to step onto NHL ice. There were several other very good players who are available right away, on night one 2023-2024 to slot into your roster or head up your AHL team.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
#1) He won't be available for 3 years.
#2) The teams holding the picks wanted beaucoup picks for him because he's potentially an ultra stud but the teams wanting to trade up aren't sure he's even going to join their team in 3 years.

The availability concerns are 100% why he dropped. Shit man, probably like 75% of the draft class will be completely out of the AHL/NHL by the time Michkov is ready to step onto NHL ice. There were several other very good players who are available right away, on night one 2023-2024 to slot into your roster or head up your AHL team.
At pick 5?? who else but Benson available at 5 is playing in the NHL now? Who is heading an AHL team? They are in the KHL, Swiss league, NCAA, back in CHL. Just like MM.

Only Slafkovsky has been in the NHL right away from 22 draft.

Michkov should arrive 1 year later than Simashev, Reinbacher might play in Laval next year.

Teams picking early can afford to wait an additional year.

Ajex12x

Mar 18, 2023
Gosh, I really don't understand how Philly fans can't understand that 6 other teams could've had him for free months ago, or traded up for far less, and are even mentioning Bedard or a haul of unprotected firsts. But I guess it's always sunny.

Reactions: hawksrule

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Lol...go back and read your own draft board when it was your turn to pick, and you passed on him. Hope some of those guys were not near a bridge.
You mean Mtl board? They went bezerk indeed. But if you mean Chicago i dont think so.

Ajex12x

Mar 18, 2023
Yes, Mtl board. Chicago took the BPA....they will never regret taking Bedard. Michkov was the next best player based on talent.
But not on value, which is what this whole effin thread is about. He's not worth what you think he's worth, and that's fine. If I was in your position I'd be happy he fell to 7 and have him, but some hot takes here are a little too much.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
But not on value, which is what this whole effin thread is about. He's not worth what you think he's worth, and that's fine. If I was in your position I'd be happy he fell to 7 and have him, but some hot takes here are a little too much.

This is the main misunderstanding of people. What is his value? Do you know? The answer obviously is...no. It's all subjective.

If you say "his value is that of a 7th overall pick" - then that's clearly a silly take. For some teams after Pick 7, Michkov may have been a Top 3 pick - they just didn't get a chance to select.

Or perhaps since the Draft, they feel he should've gone 2nd. I think you pretending to know how the whole league values Mitchkov is the true hot take.

• Haha
Reactions: Ajex12x

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Yes, Mtl board. Chicago took the BPA....they will never regret taking Bedard. Michkov was the next best player based on talent.
Got me confused as poster clearly a Hawks fan.
Mtl reacted same way Philly board reacted when they passed on Caufield, twice. Picks 2-3-4 everyone happy.

Goggles

Dec 20, 2022
Just for fun and think of Michkov and Bedard on the same team. Chicago is bad this year, probably the worst team of the league so good chance this year's 1st will be top3, and 2024 draft looks pretty good right now.

So 2024 1st +?
The answer to your question is simple. Let's turn it around. Would you trade Bedard to Philly?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The answer to your question is simple. Let's turn it around. Would you trade Bedard to Philly?
Nobody would trade Bedard for Michkov and nobody
( with the exception of Philly fans )
in their right mind would expect to get Bedard for Michkov .

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Philly took a high risk/high reward pick, and in these theoretical trades are valuing him based solely on the reward. That’s their prerogative, but that’s not how valuation is properly determined.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Philly took a high risk/high reward pick, and in these theoretical trades are valuing him based solely on the reward. That’s their prerogative, but that’s not how valuation is properly determined.

That’s exactly how valuation is determined. Each GM’s perspective on the players involved determines valuation.

Let’s flip it. What is Michkov’s objective value? Answer that for me.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
That’s exactly how valuation is determined. Each GM’s perspective on the players involved determines valuation.

Let’s flip it. What is Michkov’s objective value? Answer that for me.
Approximately what it was a few months ago.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
And what is that? How does a GM trade for him today? What do they have to offer?
He did answer that earlier in the thread: Next year’s first. Didnt mention protection but my guess is top 5 protected since MM was a 7th which would be a no from Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad