Value of: Michkov to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Korchinski
Allan
2024 1st (becomes 2024 1st and 2025 first if '24 pick fails to win lottery)

I think would make an interesting offer

not sure the Flyers bother without receiving close to double what the pick to draft Michkov was worth, and at that point why do from a Chicago perspective

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
You’re not hearing. He fell to 7 for a reason, there were players selected before him who are absolutely not considered potential superstars, and his market value today isn’t above those players. The risks are still there, and whatever his value was three months ago is his value today.
I’m hearing what you’re saying and I disagree. Those factors change as time passes.

•The top 4 picks were all players who were potential superstar talents and were not worth passing on with the risks/wait surrounding Michkov. (This won’t be the case moving forward where you may only have 1 or 2 players that are worthy of passing him for). Montreal and AZ both went D and may not have wanted a forward or to wait 3 years for him to play out his contract.

•Any draft picks that would be exchanged at this point will now only be a 2 year or less difference in wait time opposed to 3 years.

•He’s showing that his talent is exactly as advertised by being a ppg in the KHL thus far. This, alone, will continue to up his value if he continues being this good at his age.

Again, you may view him as a #7 valued draft pick but you’re ignoring all of the factors that made him a #7 and why those factors have begun and will continue to diminish as time is passing.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
You’re not hearing. He fell to 7 for a reason, there were players selected before him who are absolutely not considered potential superstars, and his market value today isn’t above those players. The risks are still there, and whatever his value was three months ago is his value today.

It's clear as day why he fell to 7. Why are we acting like this is a mystery? It's childish to ignore the obvious reason.

You're arguing the Flyers' point as to why it makes no sense to trade him to Chicago. There's literally nothing to talk about unless you're willing to trade assets as you would for a potential superstar - because that's what Michkov's ceiling is. His ceiling is 2nd highest in the draft, but he's from Russia with a KHL contract to navigate.

That's it. That's the whole beginning and end.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Disagree here. MM has more value today than lets say Simashev picked at 6. Simashev is a d with 1 pt in 18 games. Nothing wrong with that but no buzz like at all.

I doubt Simachev comes next year, he might come over same year as MM without his potential impact.

picks 1-4 are not controversial.
But 5-6 are. At that point you take MM or you trade down a few spots with a nice sweetener to « benefit » from the MM buzz and not having to deal with the KHL contract problem.
Free market spoke three months ago. That’s the only data point we have. Nothing substantive has changed.

But we’re nitpicking. If you want to claim his value is slightly higher, whatever, but what I’m disputing is the repeated notion that he carries the trade value of a potential superstar who is free of the risks from a few months ago, as if they’re no longer there. If that was his value now, it would’ve been his value then.

Reactions: JRichard

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Free market spoke three months ago. That’s the only data point we have. Nothing substantive has changed.

But we’re nitpicking. If you want to claim his value is slightly higher, whatever, but what I’m disputing is the repeated notion that he carries the trade value of a potential superstar who is free of the risks from a few months ago, as if they’re no longer there. If that was his value now, it would’ve been his value then.
It was stupid that he fell as far as he did, and Philly's opinion of him is that of a future superstar. That's the only opinion that matters here, your pedantry aside.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Players are valued differently from team to team. We consistently see this happen. Teams draft players too high vs. consensus & teams pay too much for certain players. Happens all the time.

You are letting 6 teams dictate his value for the rest of the NHL. That's absurd. But ultimately, if the Flyers see him as a future superstar, they reasonably want superstar compensation in return. If CHI sees him as a 2nd liner, they'd expect to give up 2nd line compensation. Both are equally valid and true.

However let's not pretend there's a universal, measurable value for a highly touted, recently drafted prospect. That's just not reality; it's fantasy land.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Montreal and AZ both went D and may not have wanted a forward or to wait 3 years for him to play out his contract.
Any player picked at #5 is at least 2 yrs if not 3 yrs away so we can stop with that nonsense of using the 3 yrs as an excuse for him dropping.

It's clear as day why he fell to 7. Why are we acting like this is a mystery? It's childish to ignore the obvious reason.

from Russia with a KHL contract to navigate.

That's it. That's the whole beginning and end.
Again,
Any player picked at #5 is at least 2 yrs if not 3 yrs away so we can stop with that nonsense of using the 3 yrs as an excuse for him dropping.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
It was stupid that he fell as far as he did, and Philly's opinion of him is that of a future superstar. That's the only opinion that matters here, your pedantry aside.
Philly’s opinion is the only one that matters? Oh, I didn’t realize Chicago wouldn’t get a say in this theoretical deal. That changes everything.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Players are valued differently from team to team. We consistently see this happen. Teams draft players too high vs. consensus & teams pay too much for certain players. Happens all the time.

You are letting 6 teams dictate his value for the rest of the NHL. That's absurd. But ultimately, if the Flyers see him as a future superstar, they reasonably want superstar compensation in return. If CHI sees him as a 2nd liner, they'd expect to give up 2nd line compensation. Both are equally valid and true.

However let's not pretend there's a universal, measurable value for a highly touted, recently drafted prospect. That's just not reality; it's fantasy land.
Agree.
Next June 31 teams deal their 7th oa pick after the lottery for MM. Probably none would for Simachev at 6 or Reinbacher at 5.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

hawksrule

May 18, 2014

Nothing you wrote even attempts to defend the notion that his value today is changed. If it was held today, there’s no reason to think it would go any differently.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Philly’s opinion is the only one that matters? Oh, I didn’t realize Chicago wouldn’t get a say in this theoretical deal. That changes everything.
Generally yes, if a team is going to target a specific player then the team holding the asset has the leverage in determining the price.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Generally yes, if a team is going to target a specific player then the team holding the asset has the leverage in determining the price.
The OP posted the question from a neutral perspective, not Chicago placing the call.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County

Again,
Yes, because that’s the only reason I gave, right?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
He said just for fun too. Fun has left this thread but not the OP’s fault.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Again,Any player picked at #5 is at least 2 yrs if not 3 yrs away so we can stop with that nonsense of using the 3 yrs as an excuse for him dropping.

Then what is the excuse? Is he projected to be worse/less talented than all 6 of the players drafted ahead of him?

Nothing you wrote even attempts to defend the notion that his value today is changed. If it was held today, there’s no reason to think it would go any differently.

We can go back to the simplest form of what I said then...do all teams value a player the same? Or do they value a single player more/less than other teams?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Then what is the excuse? Is he projected to be worse/less talented than all 6 of the players drafted ahead of him?

We can go back to the simplest form of what I said then...do all teams value a player the same? Or do they value a single player more/less than other teams?
If he was valued as the 2nd best prospect in that draft than why didn't other teams attempt to get him?
His value dropped and being Russian and having contract that expires in 3 yrs are not the only reason he dropped.
Lots of suggestions about character has come out.

Yes, which means we probably weren't looking at Reinbacher.
Agree just saying you were trying to move down to that 5th pick but the Habs declined. Not saying it was good or bad for either team.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To my point why didn’t a team like let’s say Vancouver offer Petterson or Avalanche offer Rantanen for the 5th pick if people in this thread believe he is as valuable as he is.

But you’re telling me Arizona refused to do Cutter Gauthier and 7th for 6th because they were to scared they’d be left with Michkov at 7th wow.
Again, you are ignoring he is not available for at least 3years. The Avs are trying to won now. Vancouver us trying to make tbe playoffs. Briere, just months into his job, can afford to wait

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Next year‘s first, which will probably be top five, would be market value. If Philly fans don’t want to do it that’s fine, but his value didn’t magically triple in the past few months.
Who are the top 5 in the draft that equal to greater than his value?

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
That's the problem, Chicago has a lot of interesting assets for a rebuilding team. I'm afraid Phily doesn't.

Cutter Gauthier/Tyson Foerster/Joel Farabee/Travis Sanheim/Carter Hart/Cam York/Bobby Brink/Travis Konecny/Oliver Bonk/their 1st rounder this year...pretty sure those all would be interesting to teams.

But the reality is, its highly unlikely either team is trading either one of them for anything less than a gross overpayment. Which neither team should be doing.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If he was valued as the 2nd best prospect in that draft than why didn't other teams attempt to get him?
His value dropped and being Russian and having contract that expires in 3 yrs are not the only reason he dropped.
Lots of suggestions about character has come out.

I gave you the answer. NHL fears that he won't come over the the NHL (not just in 3 years - but ever).

You seem to be saying that is nonsense. Then I again ask you: What's your answer as to why he dropped? Do you believe 6 players are better than him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad