Value of: Michkov to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
He went 7th because of all the mess surrounding him coming here. Philly wasn’t detracted by it and therefore would require a return equivalent to that of a promising young, potential superstar player. His value would not be that of a typical 7th overall pick.
So you tell me why weren’t teams auctioning there farm to move up to montreals or Arizonas pick?

Montreal or Arizona would’ve traded there pick if he had that much value. League wide in a vacuum his value is probably as high as Reinbachers

GM's knowing they don't have his services for 3 years, maybe longer, is why he went 7th. He was #2 when it came to skill and upside.
Yeah like I said his trade value is that of the 7th overall pick. Montreal or Arizona would’ve traded their picks if his value was as high as people are saying

False…

over the years Russians have fallen on draft boards because of the KHL competition

had He been someone who might be an immigrant born, did development and juniors in Canada it’s more of a him snd bedard debate pre draft.
We’re talking trade value here and Montreal or Arizona would’ve moved there picks if he had that much value.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
False…

over the years Russians have fallen on draft boards because of the KHL competition

had He been someone who might be an immigrant born, did development and juniors in Canada it’s more of a him snd bedard debate pre draft.
False, that’s not why Michov is not coming over.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He went 7th because of all the mess surrounding him coming here. Philly wasn’t detracted by it and therefore would require a return equivalent to that of a promising young, potential superstar player. His value would not be that of a typical 7th overall pick.
Most teams would have likely picked him in that 7-10 range. Philly doing it doesn’t increase his market value as if he was picked higher than he was.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
False…

The team who passed on him at 6th was Arizona, who went off the board to draft Russian Simashev. He was ranked 30th on THN's rankings and was an honourable mention on the Athletics top 50.

They then picked Russain But at 12 who was 32 on THN and also an honourable mention on the Athletic.

Why they were willing to go off the board twice for Russians but not take the 2nd most talented player in the draft? Bad drafting would be my guess.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
So you tell me why weren’t teams auctioning there farm to move up to montreals or Arizonas pick?

Montreal or Arizona would’ve traded there pick if he had that much value. League wide in a vacuum his value is probably as high as Reinbachers

Yeah like I said his trade value is that of the 7th overall pick. Montreal or Arizona would’ve traded their picks if his value was as high as people are saying

We’re talking trade value here and Montreal or Arizona would’ve moved there picks if he had that much value.
Ariz and Mtl might have got themselves nice dmen but i believe both would have had their guy if they traded down 1-2 spots with Philly.

Tells me Briere did good.

Kept reading Mtl was getting Gauthier and 7th for 5th because Michkov was locked on Philly. Story about Michkov doing a Lindros on both clubs could be true.

Maybe Hughes was too hungry.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Most teams would have likely picked him in that 7-10 range. Philly doing it doesn’t increase his market value as if he was picked higher than he was.
This was a stacked draft at the top, so teams were willing to pass on his potential superstar status given that there were other players with superstar status as well. They took the player who was a sure bet to play and still be a potential star. For Philly, they scored someone who would normally have been a top pick (without the issues that surrounded it), and would have no reason to trade him for something other than a comparable potential star at the minimum. My statement was that his value is not that of a typical 7th overall pick because if there weren’t controversy surrounding him coming over, he’d be a #1 contender in most drafts. To ignore the reasons for him dropping in the draft, is just pure denial.

Reactions: rogking65

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Ariz and Mtl might have got themselves nice dmen but i believe both would have had their guy if they traded down 1-2 spots with Philly.

Kept reading Mtl was getting Gauthier and 7th for 5th because Michkov was locked on Philly. Story about Michkov doing a Lindros on both clubs could be true.

My understanding is Philly wanted Reinbacher.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

To my point why didn’t a team like let’s say Vancouver offer Petterson or Avalanche offer Rantanen for the 5th pick if people in this thread believe he is as valuable as he is.

But you’re telling me Arizona refused to do Cutter Gauthier and 7th for 6th because they were to scared they’d be left with Michkov at 7th wow.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
This was a stacked draft at the top, so teams were willing to pass on his potential superstar status given that there were other players with superstar status as well. They took the player who was a sure bet to play and still be a potential star. For Philly, they scored someone who would normally have been a top pick (without the issues that surrounded it), and would have no reason to trade him for something other than a comparable potential star at the minimum. My statement was that his value is not that of a typical 7th overall pick because if there weren’t controversy surrounding him coming over, he’d be a #1 contender in most drafts. To ignore the reasons for him dropping in the draft, is just pure denial.
But so what? The risks that were lowering his value are still there. Philly drafting him doesn’t make him de-riskified. His value is very approximate to what it was on draft day.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
My understanding is Philly wanted Reinbacher.
My understanding was Arizona wanted Reinbacher and Montreal just couldn’t move down to 7th because of it.

Rumours were that Nashville offered Askarov, 15 and 22 (was it 22 or 23?) to get to 5 to draft Reinbacher as well.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
But so what? The risks that were lowering his value are still there. Philly drafting him doesn’t make him de-riskified. His value is very approximate to what it was on draft day.
Did you just gloss over the most important part of it? Those risks were magnified based on what else was available in the draft. Most drafts aren’t stacked with multiple players who in any regular draft year could go #1. Because there were several potential superstars in this draft, the risk that surrounded him was too high to pass over another player who would typically be a potential #1 overall pick. With a less stacked draft, the risk of taking Michkov is more warranted given that his potential is so much higher than others who would normally go 2,3,4,and so on in the draft. If you don’t value him any differently than a 7th overall pick them so be it, but I’d venture a guess that Philly does and there’s a good shot others would too given what would typically be there in those spots after #1.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Michkov (elite 100+ point winger) for Reichel (2nd line winger), Korchinski (number 2-3 D), unprotected 2024 1st (average draft)
something like that

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
No thanks! Philly can have him and I hope he turns out for you guys!
In the mean time the Hawks will continue to build their way.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
To my point why didn’t a team like let’s say Vancouver offer Petterson or Avalanche offer Rantanen for the 5th pick if people in this thread believe he is as valuable as he is.

But you’re telling me Arizona refused to do Cutter Gauthier and 7th for 6th because they were to scared they’d be left with Michkov at 7th wow.
First paragraph: dont be silly. Rantanen or Pettersson.

Second: not what i am saying at all. I am saying teams called Mtl for 5th and Hughes was too hungry if he asked for Gauthier and 7th for 5th. Or Nashville with Askarov.
No clue what Arizona did with Simachev. Still do not get it.

« Scared to be left with Michkov », not sure what you get that from. Their guy for Arizona is Simachev. Would have been there at 7. Trade with Philly. Get 7th and something from Philly. Not Gauthier of course but get something.

i believe Ariz and Mtl got it wrong on draft day. Let Philly get MM at 5 or 6 But make em pay up.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Did you just gloss over the most important part of it? Those risks were magnified based on what else was available in the draft. Most drafts aren’t stacked with multiple players who in any regular draft year could go #1. Because there were several potential superstars in this draft, the risk that surrounded him was too high to pass over another player who would typically be a potential #1 overall pick. With a less stacked draft, the risk of taking Michkov is more warranted given that his potential is so much higher than others who would normally go 2,3,4,and so on in the draft. If you don’t value him any differently than a 7th overall pick them so be it, but I’d venture a guess that Philly does and there’s a good shot others would too given what would typically be there in those spots after #1.
You’re not hearing. He fell to 7 for a reason, there were players selected before him who are absolutely not considered potential superstars, and his market value today isn’t above those players. The risks are still there, and whatever his value was three months ago is his value today.

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
My understanding was Arizona wanted Reinbacher and Montreal just couldn’t move down to 7th because of it.

Rumours were that Nashville offered Askarov, 15 and 22 (was it 22 or 23?) to get to 5 to draft Reinbacher as well.
that Arizona rumor came up AFTER the draft and sounds more like damage control done by corporations or politicians. Mtl media used that to »explain » the pick as people were going nuts Ending up with « only » DR. We couldnt trade the 5th because Ariz was taking him at 6... Some are buying it i guess.

Nsh rumor was BEFORE the draft. Starving for a goalie, again a Mtl based rumor. Not sure Nsh even considered trading Askarov and pretty sure Hughes thought 15 was too far. Nashville looking for Michkov was rumored. Leonard, Benson, Dvorsky still on the board at 5 Too if Nsh was thing forward not named Michkov. Nsh wasnt moving up for Reinbacher…

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
You’re not hearing. He fell to 7 for a reason, there were players selected before him who are absolutely not considered potential superstars, and his market value today isn’t above those players. The risks are still there, and whatever his value was three months ago is his value today.
Disagree here. MM has more value today than lets say Simashev picked at 6. Simashev is a d with 1 pt in 18 games. Nothing wrong with that but no buzz like at all.

I doubt Simachev comes next year, he might come over same year as MM without his potential impact.

picks 1-4 are not controversial.
But 5-6 are. At that point you take MM or you trade down a few spots with a nice sweetener to « benefit » from the MM buzz and not having to deal with the KHL contract problem.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
that Arizona rumor came up AFTER the draft and sounds more like damage control done by corporations or politicians. Mtl media used that to »explain » the pick as people were going nuts Ending up with « only » DR. We couldnt trade the 5th because Ariz was taking him at 6... Some are buying it i guess.

Nsh rumor was BEFORE the draft. Starving for a goalie, again a Mtl based rumor. Not sure Nsh even considered trading Askarov and pretty sure Hughes thought 15 was too far. Nashville looking for Michkov was rumored. Leonard, Benson, Dvorsky still on the board at 5 Too if Nsh was thing forward not named Michkov. Nsh wasnt moving up for Reinbacher…

Trotz said he wanted to make a big splash with his first pick, Askarov and 15 were on the table, but it definitely wasn't for Reinbacher, one of the big centers or Michkov were the rumor players we were looking for.

Reactions: JRichard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad