Confirmed with Link: Messier leaves Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
What sour grapes. His position with NYR is so challenging and time consuming that he has to relinquish his responsibilities to "develop the Kingsbridge National Ice Center." Grow up.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
What nonsense is this?

Graves does a lot and serves a purpose. Unlike Messier, Graves actually is an excellent judge of talent and has been working his way up from the bottom. He is part of the ownership group of the Oshawa Generals of the OHL.

http://oshawagenerals.com/page/adam-graves

Leetch? He doesn't even have a position within the organization. He works as a part time analyst on MSG and his insights are far better then anyone else on the MSG staff.

Richter has what, an administration job? He actually went back to college to finish his degree after he retired. He also works hard.

Beukeboom is coaching at lower levels. He, too, is working his way up the right way.

He bashes a lot of the 90's Rangers. Don't know why.

Because Kershaw is 16. He wasn't around for the last SC. Just ignore it.

SupersonicMonkey*

I met Graves once. The only member of the 94 team i met. Really good guy.

I also think it depends on when you meet players. They have personal lives and bad days like any of us. Sometimes you catch people at their worst. Can't hold it against them.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Heh. Heheh :laugh:

I was a fetus during it. Don't know how anyone damns the entire group of guys in the org for 1.

Yeah and as a young boy you probably at least got to see a few years of those guys even if you barely understood the game. I was young but I was at that age where i was falling in love with the game. 7-11 years old. I loved Graves and Leetch. We could use players just like them right now.

Drewbackatu*

Yeah that was his fault. reach further

He really took away from some of the awesome kids we had in 2000-2004. lol

So many epic careers derailed.

Looks like another Ranger's fan with a case of "Selective Amnesia.". For your information, Lundmark had 6 goals in the pre-season and he didn't make the club because the old **** Messier(ages 39-43) wanted his 20+ minutes of icetime guaranteed for the garbage performance he gave on the ice and his lousy leadership! Give me a freakin break; they should rip his damn # down from the rafters!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Yeah and as a young boy you probably at least got to see a few years of those guys even if you barely understood the game. I was young but I was at that age where i was falling in love with the game. 7-11 years old. I loved Graves and Leetch. We could use players just like them right now.

Haha you know it. I got to see them live in '97 a few times.

It was pretty nice.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
wellbuygif.gif

And I have little doubt that he'll be back eventually

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Looks like another Ranger's fan with a case of "Selective Amnesia.". For your information, Lundmark had 6 goals in the pre-season and he didn't make the club because the old **** Messier(ages 39-43) wanted his 20+ minutes of icetime guaranteed for the garbage performance he gave on the ice and his lousy leadership! Give me a freakin break; they should rip his damn # down from the rafters!

Hey now! That's blasphemy around these parts!

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
At this time the only place you should be able to see Messier on a game-by-game basis in the Garden is on a banner in the rafters.

Maybe he just didn't want to be Sather's second hand man for another year? I highly doubt he expected them to actually put a rookie coach in front of this bunch.

SupersonicMonkey*

Heh. Heheh :laugh:

I was a fetus during it. Don't know how anyone damns the entire group of guys in the org for 1.

I was 12. It was huge. The only other two cities i could imagine a Cup victory being like that is Toronto and Vancouver.

For a city not considered a traditional hockey market, which i think is b.s. because hockey has been in the heart of the city for nearly a century, the parade and celebration was crazy. We were on Broadway to see the players go by, went up to the Mayors building to watch the speeches, and ended up in China Town at some point. Point is, we were all over Manhattan and everywhere everyone was excited. This isn't the Yanks or the Giants. And folks were legitimately excited. For hockey! I remember the path the whole subway system had 'Lets Go Rangers' chants.

If our boys win it again, soon, hopefully, its going to be huge. No Devils or Islanders Cups can impact this Metro Area the way the Rangers do. Next June will be 20 years. The city is ready. Henrik will go from hipster cool to right up there with Eli and Jeter. He would be one of the faces of the city.

They have to get it done.

What i love about Vigneault, he's unafraid to talk about the Stanley Cup and that being the goal. Unlike Tortorella who flinched at the word Cup.

SupersonicMonkey*

Hey now! That's blasphemy around these parts!

What he says is true.

Lundmark was ruined by the organization. Mess had a lot to do with it. Lundmark had some genuine talent. And they threw the kid in a checking role. Square peg, meet round hole.

Mess also had his hand in the departure of Zubov.

Guy did a lot of good for the Rangers, but did a lot of damage as well.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Love the stuff posted Puck. :) I agree. The guys have to gear up and goooo!

Anyway,In repsonse to Jonathan., Kovalchuk was the worst I met. Just didn't want anything to do with the fans.

Girardi was the best. Got a handshake and talked about hockey and life. Boyle is a cool dude too.

SupersonicMonkey*

Exactly! We should continue to kiss Messier's ass for the 1 cup in 73 years.

That's a selective way of looking at it. The Rangers were legit in the '70s but had to contend with the Bruins. They were legit in the '50s and lost in the Cup Finals. They were contenders throughout the early '90s.

A bounce here and there and history looks a lot different.

Drewbackatu*

He who paid Patrick Ewing for nothing?

He who patronizingly preferred basketball over hockey when the Rangers sell out no matter what and the Knick fans disappear when losing?

I agree with your reply and I hated the way that whole situation was handled back then. Unfortunately, basketball takes preference over hockey here and Messier despite all the things I can't stomach about him should have been able to retire a Ranger like Gretzky did!

Drewbackatu*

That's a selective way of looking at it. The Rangers were legit in the '70s but had to contend with the Bruins. They were legit in the '50s and lost in the Cup Finals. They were contenders throughout the early '90s.

A bounce here and there and history looks a lot different.

They were legit but close(bounce her or there....) only works with a game of horseshoes or hand grenades!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad