Confirmed with Link: Messier leaves Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Maybe he'd rather be in mangement? If so, overseeing whatever project this is could be a good way to start showing his business acumen

Why did he pursue the head coaching if he would rather be in management? The ice rink isn't something which popped up last week. Messier has been part of that project from the start. Stop making excuses for him.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Why did he pursue the head coaching if he would rather be in management? The ice rink isn't something which popped up last week. Messier has been part of that project from the start. Stop making excuses for him.

There will always be people making excuses for Mess.

The guy wanted to be gifted the coaching job. There is just one problem - He has zero experience. Instead of actually taking a smaller coaching job elsewhere he decides to leave the organization. Now its "Well maybe he wants experience elsewhere to do something else for the Rangers...". Give it up. He doesn't want to actually work. He wants to be handed important positions just because he is Mark Messier.

Messier will always be a Ranger legend and he deserves credit for the great things he has done for the Rangers but they are better off without him here.

Move on I say.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

I don't know, maybe he wanted the head coach job, didn't get it and so decided to focus on the management aspect?

If he's been involved for a while then he'd be well placed to know exactly how much work is needed.

I'm not making excuses, I just question the slagging off of someone based on limited info, I know that makes me strange

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Oh..buh huuuuh..

I didn't Get the job nobody thought I'd Get, so I'll take of with my tail between my legs..

Such a cry baby.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think this will actually help the club, not having him around. Its tough enough in this city to be a winner, its even tougher with outside distractions and living legends always hanging around the rink trying to influence the team one way or another.

He really should have taken the AHL job and gained some experience, if he really wanted to be a coach. The fact that hes not pursuing a coaching gig, either in North America or abroad to gain experience is somewhat alarming to me (but not surprising) considering he felt he could do the job with the Rangers.

What was this all going to be if he got the job? Just something he wanted to try out to see if he would like? If he REALLY wants to coach that should be his top priority right? This is what all of us were *****ing about when everyone said he would be a great coach.

It doesnt seem like hes THAT interesting in coaching to me, rather being handed a toy to play with for a little while...

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Resigning from what? Sitting next to Sather in the luxury suite while eating popcorn? Gimme a break, he had no real job in the organization. Good riddance

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He'd become a distraction. I have no problem with him pursuing his interests but if he really wants to coach he needs to pay his dues. Personally I think he has too many other interests as it is and he's got a history of not always being around when he should be--e.g. he was a past master at figuring out how to not show up for training camp.

I respect Mark for what he did for this team--a huge reason why we finally did win a Cup and believe me that made his time here more than worthwhile--though later on after he returned it wasn't so good and he was a big part of the reason for that.

Back to the coaching--Beukeboom is one example of a player putting in his time and paying his dues. Samuelsson as well. Graves is doing the same only more in a player personnel kind of way. I respect that because it is the right way.

NHRangerfan

So just to confirm, Messier was roundly given crap for having no experience as anything but player, then he leaves to grt experience ny running a program and people still give him crap? Tough crowd...

He's going to develop an arena he's invested in...this isn't him going to get experience, unless by chance after the arena is built he decides to buy an AHL or ECHL team to play there and coaches it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad