OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Here's an easy one for a Wednesday.

What's your favorite style of pizza?

I enjoy them all.

I like sardines, anchovies and pineapple. But not on a pizza,

My rotation:
Mushroom
Hawaiian
Buffalo chicken.

I love thin crust pizza, but every so often we go to Leone's in Winter Hill which has sicillian style. I feel like I gain 8 pounds after having a slice. But man, is it good.

My son and I are Papa Gino's fans. There is still one in our town, and we go there every so often for a sit-down meal.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
My rotation:
Mushroom
Hawaiian
Buffalo chicken.

I love thin crust pizza, but every so often we go to Leone's in Winter Hill which has sicillian style. I feel like I gain 8 pounds after having a slice. But man, is it good.

My son and I are Papa Gino's fans. There is still one in our town, and we go there every so often for a sit-down meal.

How good is Regina's, really?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not a whole lot since I used 2 weeks in April to go to Portugal

July will be staycation mode in VT with a trip to Santas Village, Early August we are making our yearly trip to tanglewood live score movie night which is Jurassic Park. then Cape Cod before the kids go back.

There is a spot in West Glover VT called Parker Pie. They have HIlls farmstead on tap and make my favorite pizza, the "Green Mountain Special" B

Baby Spinach, Red Onion, Bacon, Apple, Fresh Garlic, Cheddar Cheese & drizzled with Deep Mountain Maple Syrup

Pepperoni or sometimes a veggie. Depends on mood.
Definitely like thin NY style.

I like NY style, but also dig Chicago and Detroit.

Betting that if you polled Americans, red state blue, pizza of whatever variety would be #1.

We mongrels R crazy.

(And that's a good thing.)

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I enjoy them all.

You just can't beat the traditional New York Style - cheese & pepperoni. I don't love the Greek house of pizza style, they're too doughy, but that never stopped me from eating them. A pan pizza like Pizza Hut or a Sicilian style are good on occasion.

For non-pepperoni toppings, I'm also a fan of bacon and meatballs. Jalapenos too. Sausage depends on the location and the type they use. I've learned to like peppers and onions as an adult - I can accept them now, but still can't eat mushrooms.

White Pizza with provolone/feta is always fabulous. And for speciality pies a Buffalo Chicken (though depends on the place because everyone makes it differently - I'm thinking breaded chicken and a buffalo/blue cheese sauce base as the best way). Hawaiian is something that I would never choose to order out of all the possible pies, but if I'm at a party and it's sitting there I'd crush a few slices for sure.

Once I get my kitchen all set up in the new place I'm going to start baking pizza again.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
You just can't beat the traditional New York Style - cheese & pepperoni. I don't love the Greek house of pizza style, they're too doughy, but that never stopped me from eating them. A pan pizza like Pizza Hut or a Sicilian style are good on occasion.

For non-pepperoni toppings, I'm also a fan of bacon and meatballs. Jalapenos too. Sausage depends on the location and the type they use. I've learned to like peppers and onions as an adult - I can accept them now, but still can't eat mushrooms.

White Pizza with provolone/feta is always fabulous. And for speciality pies a Buffalo Chicken (though depends on the place because everyone makes it differently - I'm thinking breaded chicken and a buffalo/blue cheese sauce base as the best way). Hawaiian is something that I would never choose to order out of all the possible pies, but if I'm at a party and it's sitting there I'd crush a few slices for sure.

Once I get my kitchen all set up in the new place I'm going to start baking pizza again.
That is rather the dissertation.

Thank you for your contribution,

M.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
UGH fall cannot get here fast enough

FB_IMG_1719535176040.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
To me, its the perfect food.

Oh Chuck, I too am a PaPa Ginos customer. In a pinch their frozen pizzas are excellent . Taste just like the brick and mortar in under 20 minutes.
I haven’t tried the frozen, but I’ll have to now! Papas isn’t the best pizza of all time or anything, but to me it’s consistently very good and it’s been the same since childhood. I actually had my 7th birthday party at Papas on Gallivan Blvd. One of my oldest yet most vivid memories. They let me behind the counter to make my own pizza!

Reactions: sooshii

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
How do you survive @Bruinaura ?!

I'd probably throw myself off the roof. I didn't realize Tennessee gets hot like that.
Oh it can get pretty miserable here. In fact, the year I moved here (2007) they set a state record for the most consecutive days over 100. And I thought Florida was bad lol

• Wow
Reactions: Mione134

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I enjoy them all.

Aussie......No seriously, it is!

Tomato paste base, topped with sliced bacon, ham, cheese, onion and one egg which you break and then drizzle all over the pizza. BBQ sauce is optional. Wonderful.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Tomato paste base, topped with sliced bacon, ham, cheese, onion and one egg which you break and then drizzle all over the pizza. BBQ sauce is optional. Wonderful.
That sounds great except for the egg - I know you probably beat the egg but....seems so odd to me. Otherwise, you break the egg and fight over the piece with the yolk....lol?? Do you have a pic to share?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That sounds great except for the egg - I know you probably beat the egg but....seems so odd to me. Otherwise, you break the egg and fight over the piece with the yolk....lol?? Do you have a pic to share?

If you break and pour the egg properly you can drizzle the yoke around with the white. There's a little bit of an art to it. Plus the cooking process helps spread the egg around and melt it in with the cheese. I can see how it might sound weird but it works really well as long as you like egg!

1719571162076.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
If you break and pour the egg properly you can drizzle the yoke around with the white. There's a little bit of an art to it. Plus the cooking process helps spread the egg around and melt it in with the cheese. I can see how it might sound weird but it works really well as long as you like egg!

View attachment 888443
That's really interesting - I can see why it would be an art! It actually looks very good. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
@TD Charlie Frustrating too because I suck at golf and I'm always left thinking to myself "why'd i buy that again?" :laugh:
same here. thats why i took up disc golf. I picked that sport up in about 3 months.
hell of alot cheaper than golf. Just a hell of alot more poison ivy and ticks.

I enjoy them all.

whatever style halftime pizza is. I could eat that all day and it doesnt really fill me up.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
same here. thats why i took up disc golf. I picked that sport up in about 3 months.
hell of alot cheaper than golf. Just a hell of alot more poison ivy and ticks.

whatever style halftime pizza is. I could eat that all day and it doesnt really fill me up.

Halftime is right across from TD. I've actually never been there, and in any case would not chomp a slice whilst working.

There's a guy there who came into the Pro Shop with another guy to scope a signed Larry Bird picture to hang at Halftime. His name, if you can believe it, was Luigi.

How much is a slice?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Listen, man, I like an egg as much as the next guy.

I enjoy salad Nicoise.

Yet I object, strenuously, to cracked egg "drizzled" atop a pizza.

You go too far, sir.

Stick with shrimp on the barbie, penal colony person,

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Those of us in the Boston area have been dealing with the Karen Read soap opera the past few weeks.

I'm sure it is an unhinged shit show now. The way people are talking about the jurors disgusts me. People seriously have no clue what these 12 people are going through right now. Just vile shit from both sides. I'd ask that the mods ban all discussions about this case because I don't think a civil, rational one can be had.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad