Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like Thread 6 - A new season on the horizon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
E11080A8-10FE-4ED1-92D9-D1046AD84BAF.jpeg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Competitor, but 5yrs apart on release. Colecovision even had an expansion module that allowed it to play Atari 2600 games and use the Atari2600 joy stick... which Atari took offense to, and took them to court, but it never went to trial as they negotiated a mutually beneficial agreement instead.

I had the Sears telegames console which was at the same time as the Atari 2600, was modeled 100% off it (including joysticks) where they made their own versions of some Atari games and Atari/Telegames cartridges were physically identical so they could both be played on my console. My parents probably saved like 40 bucks. At first when I opened it I gave a WTF look at them being the entitled brat I was, but when it took the Atari cartridges I accepted it and moved on.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I had the Sears telegames console which was at the same time as the Atari 2600, was modeled 100% off it (including joysticks) where they made their own versions of some Atari games and Atari/Telegames cartridges were physically identical so they could both be played on my console. My parents probably saved like 40 bucks. At first when I opened it I gave a WTF look at them being the entitled brat I was, but when it took the Atari cartridges I accepted it and moved on.
I had that also but figured no one would know what the hell I was talking about. From my recollection it was actually made for Sears by Atari. Sears did a lot of that back in the day. They exclusive Star Wars and GI Joe figures and some other stuff.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I had that also but figured no one would know what the hell I was talking about. From my recollection it was actually made for Sears by Atari. Sears did a lot of that back in the day. They exclusive Star Wars and GI Joe figures and some other stuff.
You’re the only other person I’ve ever met who had it! Most people have no idea. Kids would come over and be confused until they saw it work.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
You’re the only other person I’ve ever met who had it! Most people have no idea. Kids would come over and be confused until they saw it work.
Sears was top shit back in the day. My grandmother had lake front property near Cleveland and bought a cottage for it out if a Sears and Robuck catalog. Was about 1100 square feet 2 bed one bath. Spent most of my childhood summers there

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sears was top shit back in the day. My grandmother had lake front property near Cleveland and bought a cottage for it out if a Sears and Robuck catalog. Was about 1100 square feet 2 bed one bath. Spent most of my childhood summers there
There’s a Sears Craftsman Bungalow style house on every block in central Denver to this day. Tons of them, and they go for ridiculous prices.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

My wife has always had these fuzzy purple pajamas so I've been calling her Grimace for years.

For halloween this year I'm trying to get her to throw on a black cape over it to go as the Grimace Reaper. Maybe have her carry around a bunch of crumpled up McDonald's bags.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad