Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I know right. I guess it's a part of the fun but I can admit I don't know shit and never ever will even try to seem like I know :laugh:
The reality is an overwhelming majority of people who post haven't seen any of the Jersey players play before and are just rehashing opinions. I haven't seen much from Muk and Ost but what I've heard isn't blowing me away but seem to be good cogs for a rebuild.

No because GMMG says it's not a rebuild when it clearly is.
Who cares what he says? GMs and coaches say stuff all the time. They know how important it is to use their words carefully otherwise people on message boards dissect every word with tin foil hats on and try to decode every little stupid thing.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
The reality is an overwhelming majority of people who post haven't seen any of the Jersey players play before and are just rehashing opinions. I haven't seen much from Muk and Ost but what I've heard isn't blowing me away but seem to be good cogs for a rebuild.
Yeah, knee jerk reactions all over. It'll take years to see how the trade actually went due to the draft picks.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yeah, knee jerk reactions all over. It'll take years to see how the trade actually went due to the draft picks.
It's the same as people who lose their minds about a pick made. 16 year olds apparently are busts and awful picks and so forth. It's easy to spout hyperbolic criticisms because rarely does anyone own up to things when they're wrong but love reminding everyone on the occasion they're right.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
It's the same as people who lose their minds about a pick made. 16 year olds apparently are busts and awful picks and so forth. It's easy to spout hyperbolic criticisms because rarely does anyone own up to things when they're wrong but love reminding everyone on the occasion they're right.
16? The Sharks have officially been relegated to the CHL. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
But on the contrary, there are a ton of knowledgeable people here who are fun and make me come back here every day. These are some dire times as a Sharks fan but hopefully we can keep the spirits up the best way we can.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Honestly, what are we doing trading for a defenseman anyway? Clearly, the position of need is either mage or paladin. What's Muk's MP/60?
AH crap. Pokemon. I dropped the ball there.

But on the contrary, there are a ton of knowledgeable people here who are fun and make me come back here every day. These are some dire times as a Sharks fan but hopefully we can keep the spirits up the best way we can.
No doubt. There are, but even the smartest people in the room can't predict the future.

CANCEL THE TRADE!

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
One can hope that maybe Karlsson will push more towards being traded this week after seeing how bad this roster is without Meier. :laugh:
That's a trade the team will definitely lose value-wise, but a necessary loss for the greater good.
But all those Swedes incoming might make Karl want to stay?

• Haha

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
One way to look at it is the Sharks flipped Timo and a bunch of fluff for 3 nhl-ready players, a defensive prospect, and at least a 1st and 2nd.

This may not be the trade that turns the franchise around, but the status quo wasn’t working. At the same time the current team gets worse and the Bedard chances go up.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
One way to look at it is the Sharks flipped Timo and a bunch of fluff for 3 nhl-ready players, a defensive prospect, and at least a 1st and 2nd.

This may not be the trade that turns the franchise around, but the status quo wasn’t working. At the same time the current team gets worse and the Bedard chances go up.
Holtz wasn't going to turn the franchise around either. I'm not even convinced Mercer would have either. It's gonna take a lot of pieces.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Have Greer suit up! His skating sucked back then, doubt it got much worse. Also sign Jumbo for the rest of the season so he can officially retire as a Shark. Play Greer, Thornton and claimed Harrington for the rest of OTs. That’s how you tank!

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Check out this Podcast: Sharks GM Mike Grier Speaks Following Timo Meier Trade Sharks GM Mike Grier Speaks Following Timo Meier Trade

Grier's presser Sunday
Check out this Podcast: Sharks GM Mike Grier Speaks Following Timo Meier Trade Sharks GM Mike Grier Speaks Following Timo Meier Trade

Grier's presser Sunday
From the presser, it looks like Grier wanted some prospects that would be able to contribute sooner than just picks alone since he is aiming for a quick retool or rebuild rather than a long one like other teams. He and the scouts also seem high in Mukh and Zetterlund.

• Wow

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The guy asking if MGGM would package his newly acquired 1st rounder to move up to 1st over all if they don’t win the lottery :laugh:
To MG’s credit he said well I think anyone who has the #1 overall pick is going to use it.
What if the sharks throw in Simek or Labanc?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Grier also mentions Connor Bedard by name as a guy who might want to be in the NHL next year and may be ready for it so for those that think Grier is the worst GM of all time at least you can be confident he’d take Bedard 1 LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad