GDT: MDSF #5 - 04/24/15 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, NBCSN ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

mti79

May 11, 2007
My heart would greatly appreciate it if we could blow them out tonight. Tired of these 2-1 games that have me on edge all night. Add that to the fact that I have to work Sunday and want nothing to do with an afternoon game that I can't watch.... Let's get it done tonight boys!

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
My feelings exactly. I want to crush them.

crush-your-enemy-conan1.gif

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Looks like D Derrick Pouliot in for Pens,.He's on the PP in morning skate at MSG”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: #Pens defenseman Ben Lovejoy on Henrik Lundqvist: "We know how great the Rangers' goalie is. We feel we've got a guy who's just as good."”

lol

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Actually, Pouliot remains on ice. So maybe he's not in unless Pens opt for seven D”

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
“@HartnettHockey: #Pens defenseman Ben Lovejoy on Henrik Lundqvist: "We know how great the Rangers' goalie is. We feel we've got a guy who's just as good."â€

lol

He's been very good in this series. So has Lundqvist, but I'll give Fleury some credit, he's been spectacular IMO. (Not saying he's as good as Henrik, but in this series he has been as good and that's a complement to him not an insult to Hank)

“@stevezipay: Same lineup for both teams tonight for Game 5 at MSGâ€

Poulliot would've been a very big add. He's an excellent puck mover. This is good news for the Rangers. I'm curious to see if Pittsburgh tries to push the pace more and open things up in this game more than the rest of the series since they need goals to win.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
He's been very good in this series. So has Lundqvist, but I'll give Fleury some credit, he's been spectacular IMO. (Not saying he's as good as Henrik, but in this series he has been as good and that's a complement to him not an insult to Hank)

Agreed. He has been tremendous, as he was last year. Personally I think the "Fleury is a bum in the playoffs" stuff is overblown. He was a disaster V the flyers, a few years back. Outside of that, he has been good.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yandle was by far the best player traded at the deadline

That's what all the experts said. Most people on this forum didn't realize because, and let's be honest here, who the hell watches 'Zona?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
True, but some argue he should not be in the same conversation since he's not a rental

So because he's going to be helpful in the future, as well as right now, it doesn't count?

BTW, Yandle is exactly the same age as Staal and equally as valuable, though he plays a very different game. I would say he may turn out to be more valuable. Just as we look at Staal as a long-term building block (and we did last year when his contract had only a year left), Yandle is certainly one of the guys the team should be built around. The idea of not re-signing or trading him is ridiculous. The only way we should lose him is if he doesn't want to be a Ranger or wants a ridiculous amount we cannot afford. If Yandle agrees to a reasonable contract (reasonable for a UFA, which is always high), we should definitely re-sign him.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Not gonna be able to watch this game. Last time I missed a playoff game we won 7-2.

You're welcome!

I also missed that game, and I will be missing tonights game......very interesting

however I did miss game 5 of the ECF last year too and we got curb stomped

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
That's what all the experts said. Most people on this forum didn't realize because, and let's be honest here, who the hell watches 'Zona?

I mean I knew he was good but the geniuses on the main boards have been bashing the guy for years. I didn't realize how good he actually was. It's a disgrace he didn't make team USA and Brooks Orpik did.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Pouliot would have been a huge addition for the Penguins.

Get the Brassgod line out against Lovejoy-Scuderi any chance you get and finish this off please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad