GDT: MDSF #5 - 04/24/15 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, NBCSN ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I also missed that game, and I will be missing tonights game......very interesting

however I did miss game 5 of the ECF last year too and we got curb stomped

That's because... and sit down for this... but because, well, because whether or not you watch the game has nothing to do with whether we win or not... :sarcasm:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Finish_Him.gif

More like...

latest

^Crosby; Possibly Bettman

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Agreed. He has been tremendous, as he was last year. Personally I think the "Fleury is a bum in the playoffs" stuff is overblown. He was a disaster V the flyers, a few years back. Outside of that, he has been good.

no, he hasn't. Last year was the first year since they won the cup that Fleury has posted over a .900 save percentage in the playoffs. he has been pretty bad!

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He's been very good in this series. So has Lundqvist, but I'll give Fleury some credit, he's been spectacular IMO. (Not saying he's as good as Henrik, but in this series he has been as good and that's a complement to him not an insult to Hank)

Poulliot would've been a very big add. He's an excellent puck mover. This is good news for the Rangers. I'm curious to see if Pittsburgh tries to push the pace more and open things up in this game more than the rest of the series since they need goals to win.

The best chance the Pens have of winning a game is to play the way they have played thus far.

Opening things up plays into our hands.

They do not have the horses on the back end to play a run and gun style. Truth be told, their forwards are also better suited to playing a more methodical game. Obviously Sid and Geno can open things up, but I'm not sure Kunitz can keep up and Hornqvist is not used to that style of hockey. Perron is the only winger that I think could help push the pace there.

Either way, the bulk of the Rangers forwards are geared towards that style. Most have played in this system for 2 years and excel at it.

Pens may in fact HAVE to open it up if we take a lead, but they should play to keep the score close and hope to steal one.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Shame that Klein isn't in, but at the same time I don't think we need him tonight. I just hope he didn't have a setback.

I think it has more to do with the fact that we do not need to play him.

There's no desperate reason to insert him and if you can get another day or 3 with him resting, then it's better for us in the 2nd round.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Really hope the Rangers come out tonight and play like it's game 7, and score 2 or 3 early goals. Really would like a win first and foremost, but want a dominating performance.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Hoping to see more concentrated cycle game from Brass, Zucc, and Nash. They're getting goals in the zone after setting up, not on the rush. We'll see if they take advantage of that tonight, if they do, we'll make short work of this team.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
I'm having flashbacks of Game 5 against Montreal last year

Thing is, we were away that game (although it matches up too due to the OT stranglehold goal). I think these guys have learned how to finish teams and are even more battle tested since that series. Also, Hayes/STL will probably get a nice boost from that OT goal. Got a good feeling about tonight (just like in game 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad