GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I hate the word “reach,” especially when you get to this point in the draft.

But teams are literally "reaching" by trading picks just to move up a hair at this point in the draft.

It goes both ways.

A small group of an organization's scouts can have a board they absolutely love so much that they trade picks for moving up a bit. Another group of scouts can have a board they're not stubborn about and wait for their next guy at this point.

Hawks clearly are an opinionated bunch.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t mind trading up with the picks, because if it’s true that the draft falls off that hard, those seconds aren’t worth a whole lot.

Still hate the Boisvert pick though

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Obviously in the minority here but I like our first round. I don't love the Boisvert pick either but I really like the Vanacker pick. Levshunov gives the Hawks a potential stud RHD to go with the surplus LHD in the system. We're not going to be good again next year, get another top-5 pick and continue to build. Have a little faith people. The Hawks have such a deep, well-rounded system right now. Looking forward to where the Hawks will be in 2027.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
McKenzie had Lev #3, Boisvert #22, and Vanacker #28.

What exactly are some people tweaking about here?
The same as every year. A handful of posters that get unhinged when "their guy" isn't taken where they want them taken. Nevermind that NONE of said posters work in hockey, scouting, or anything else hockey-related, but all seem to know better than the people who actually do. :laugh:

f***, I know for a fact at least a couple of these unhinged posters never even played the game on top of it. Yet they're the experts over pro scouts and talent evaluation.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Obviously in the minority here but I like our first round. I don't love the Boisvert pick either but I really like the Vanacker pick. Levshunov gives the Hawks a potential stud RHD to go with the surplus LHD in the system. We're not going to be good again next year, get another top-5 pick and continue to build. Have a little faith people. The Hawks have such a deep, well-rounded system right now. Looking forward to where the Hawks will be in 2027.

shocker

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I like the Hawks 1st round. Don't "love" it but I like Levshunov and Vanacker quite a bit. Boisvert we'll see but he's going to a great school and can throw em. All 3 guys have that dog in them.
I feel like this is the high risk, high reward type of guy people wanted drafted. And now people are angry that they did it. :laugh:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The same as every year. A handful of posters that get unhinged when "their guy" isn't taken where they want them taken. Nevermind that NONE of said posters work in hockey, scouting, or anything else hockey-related, but all seem to know better than the people who actually do. :laugh:

f***, I know for a fact at least a couple of these unhinged posters never even played the game on top of it. Yet they're the experts over pro scouts and talent evaluation.

We passed on some players that IMO are major head scratches, seems like we’re taking some risks and trying to hit on some wild cards….idk I think we could have done much better just being honest.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I really don’t see how it’s possible to hate this class. Would I have done a few things differently? Sure. But I’m also some jackass who’s watched these kids a handful of times each (if that) and puts a board together for fun. It’s not like they’re taking guys who no one else genuinely wouldn’t have touched for another 50 picks

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There's no reward.
This just clearly demonstrates to me that you have absolutely no idea what you're watching.

You claimed he's a bad skater. He's not. Not even close. He has a f***ing bomb of an accurate shot. His wrist and snapshot look like they're 85-90mph. He's big. He plays tough. He goes to the dirty areas. Like... saying there's no reward with him is absolutely f***ing clueless, and based solely on your anger that they didn't take who you wanted them to take in that spot.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I really don’t see how it’s possible to hate this class. Would I have done a few things differently? Sure. But I’m also some jackass who’s watched these kids a handful of times each (if that) and puts a board together for fun. It’s not like they’re taking guys who one else genuinely wouldn’t have touched for another 50 picks

#18 trade up and selection is atrocious

There is no defending it

Levshunov and Vanacker at least you can defend as picks (Though I dont like what we gave up to move to #27 just to select Vanacker)

But #18 ruined night

Far better prospects available and after trade to "Move" up it absurd to select Boisvert

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad