GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
#18 trade up and selection is atrocious

There is no defending it

Levshunov and Vanacker at least you can defend as picks (Though I dont like what we gave up to move to #27 just to select Vanacker)

But #18 ruined night

Far better prospects available and after trade to "Move" up it absurd to select Boisvert

They took the consensus 21st ranked player 18th, after the consensus 22nd ranked player (and their likely target) went 13th. If they had Luchanko and Boisvert ranked higher, seems quite justifiable.

But again, you don't know anything about any of these players. How many Bulldogs game did you watch? How many Lumberjacks games did you watch? How did they compare to all the other players you watched? Like come on man. Settle down.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
They took the consensus 21st ranked player 18th, after the consensus 22nd ranked player (and their likely target) went 13th. If they had Luchanko and Boisvert ranked higher, seems quite justifiable.

But again, you don't know anything about any of these players. How many Bulldogs game did you watch? How many Lumberjacks games did you watch? How did they compare to all the other players you watched? Like come on man. Settle down.
He won't even subscribe to Peacock for $5 to watch NFL games. You think he's watching ANY prospect games? Let alone even highlight videos?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Overall a fine 1st day. I don’t like that we don’t have 50 anymore, and I’m not sure that the difference between someone like Basha and Vanecker is really worth a whole player.

I preferred Demidov and Hage, for the record. But I’m not like kicking and screaming. We’ll see how it plays out.

Between the two, Vanacker profiles better as an NHL player. Isn't the knock on Basha that he's on the perimeter too much? They produced at basically the same rate, though Vanacker led his team in scoring while Basha finished 3rd for Medicine Hat.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
While I think Bois would’ve definitely been available for two more picks (granted, the trade was a while ago), I wouldn’t say that Vanacker would definitely have survived the rest of the night.

Reactions: Pez68

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
We simply don’t know that, especially on Vanacker. There’s a reason chance he would have been gone at 34.
why is it worth a 2nd to move up like 7 spots...why was it worth a 2nd to move up 2 spots..its like davidson doesn't give a shit about what the picks are worth, why not a 3rd to move up, comes off very willy nilly we have a lot of picks so it doesn't matter vibes

minny paid a 3rd to move up one spot for buium who was rated alot higher than what KD paid to move up for 18

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Between the two, Vanacker profiles better as an NHL player. Isn't the knock on Basha that he's on the perimeter too much? They produced at basically the same rate, though Vanacker led his team in scoring while Basha finished 3rd for Medicine Hat.
Medicine Hat was stacked, I’m not even saying just Basha, just pulled a name out of a hat.I’m just saying the difference between Vanacker and a couple of the guys left to them at 34 likely isn’t a whole player.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
With Basha I’d be most concerned that he’s a balls to the wall chaos type that doesn’t really have the body for it.

Maybe he’s Marchand and it’s not a problem. Maybe he’s Turcotte and he’s hurt every year

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I find Davidsons blatant disrespect for 2nd round picks interesting lol. They are change in the couches to him, and honestly… I’m not sure that’s not what they deserve. Second round is generally a pretty overrated place to find NHLers when you look into it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I find Davidsons blatant disrespect for 2nd round picks interesting lol. They are change in the couches to him, and honestly… I’m not sure that’s not what they deserve. Second round is generally a pretty overrated place to find NHLers when you look into it.
13 to 12 was worth a 3rd to philly, 20 to 18 would've been worth a 3rd if davidson waited until today because you have a direct comp, instead he paid a 2nd for whatever reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad