Proposal: McCann for Puljujarvi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
And he should get it. Trading him would be a disastrous mistake, especially since it'll be because we dumped 14 million dollars into mediocre defencemen.
In all fairness, one of those mediocre defensemen makes basically league minimum. I don't think any of our bottom four defensemen are incredibly overpaid for what they have brought so far, aside from Barrie the slow starter maybe, but his powerplay prowess makes him very tradeable at his cap hit. I anticipate that if we have to make space for Pulujarvi, we see Barrie traded for a pick and the search for a #3RD will be upon us.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Again

Do you call the the 44th best goal scorer a top goal scorer???
Dont confuse JP with being a great net front presence, heck chara was a net presence as well... JP would not even be on the pens first PP not which is a direct relation to what the original thread was . Remember McCann for Jp?

What on earth are you talking about?

You made the silly claim that he wasn't a net front presence. Now you are asking me if I call the 44th best goal scorer a top goal scorer. What does that have to do with anything?

You're telling me he wouldn't be on the Penguins first power play unit. Why are you telling me this? What does it have to do with anything?

You seem to be having an argument with somebody who isn't me.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
There's some dumb shit in this thread.

It was interesting going back and reading the earlier posts. But then the new stuff happened, and god damnit.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Just trade a 3rd to the Leafs for Ho-Sang..bingo.there's your winger PLUS you didn't lose much in the process.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Think the Oilers would trade off someone like Barrie/Kassian or pay a team to take Keith before they'd let that happen. Puljujarvi and Hyman just fit way too well into the complexion of our top 6, and I imagine Holloway will round it out soon enough unless they want him at 3C. Yamamoto would be a cap casualty long before Jesse.

Holloway hasn't even made it in the NHL yet.
Kevin Lowe isn't our GM anymore.
He'll have to prove himself productive in the AHL and beat an NHL'er out of their job to make it on the main club.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Again

Do you call the the 44th best goal scorer a top goal scorer???
Dont confuse JP with being a great net front presence, heck chara was a net presence as well... JP would not even be on the pens first PP not which is a direct relation to what the original thread was . Remember McCann for Jp?

No one in your conversation said he was the "best" anything. Nobody even said "great". You said "not much at all", then got corrected and have now shifted into some argument about something else entirely, which is irrelevant to your original, erroneous point.

This is like you saying "the Ford Ranger is not much of a truck at all". Then, when it's pointed out to you that it is in fact, clearly a truck, you are now arguing it's not the best truck because it can't pull as much as a Peterbilt. So you have conceded that he is indeed a net front presence and are now trying to save face by having people agree that he is not the "best" net front presence. This should be taught in classes in order to illustrate how not to form an argument.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
No one in your conversation said he was the "best" anything. Nobody even said "great". You said "not much at all", then got corrected and have now shifted into some argument about something else entirely, which is irrelevant to your original, erroneous point.

This is like you saying "the Ford Ranger is not much of a truck at all". Then, when it's pointed out to you that it is in fact, clearly a truck, you are now arguing it's not the best truck because it can't pull as much as a Peterbilt. So you have conceded that he is indeed a net front presence and are now trying to save face by having people agree that he is not the "best" net front presence. This should be taught in classes in order to illustrate how not to form an argument.
Any player on the ice can be a net front presence, even if its only once per game ......the fact is he isnt great isnt even the best on his team or the team he was proposed to be traded too. If a #5 D skates by the net amd stops does that now make him a bona-fide net front guy ??? Apparently in your eyes. In my eyes , its a guy who excels there, is the best on his team and probably a top 30 in that aspect.
Remember Sean Avery was a net front presence too .....:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad