Proposal: McCann for Puljujarvi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Yes his 37 career goals are earth shattering.... the next big power forward in the NHL lol...his PIM are a force to be rekon with ...like i said he has size and a big body but not the best net front presence in the NHL, not even close. The facts are he wasn't named one for the NHL 15 best power forwards nor was he named the NHL best net front guy, that went to Anders Lee.
1) We've moved on from false dichotomy fallacies to strawmen. NOBODY, not one single person said JP was the best net front presence in the NHL. Nobody. But 1 person, you, said he wasn't much of a netfront presence at all. There are about 450 or so F's in the NHL. Most people realize someone can be MORE than "not a presence at all" and LESS than "the best". It's unfortunate that you can't and see only 1st place and 45oth.

2) You know how many NHL goals Hornqvist had at this age? 32. So, 37 seems like a decent number.

3) Your "facts" are irrelevant, since nobody has argued the case for either him being the best net front guy nor a top 15 PF in the league (before the season started).

By your ridiculous logic, I can say Jake Guentzel is no goal scoring presence at all since he's not the best goal scorer in the league.

But I'd be an idiot to make that kind of statement. I hope you see the point here.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
People need to check the date of this thread. It was done prior to the expansion draft. Pens did not protect McCann
They traded him for a mid range prospect. What Toronto did with him was strange.

I just like how my opinion turned out in this thread. Now watch McCann get his $4.5m+ extension a year from now because of all the gravy minutes he's getting in Seattle. Unfortunately Puljujarvi probably gets more because he broke out well before anyone expected him to.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Any interest of any Devils players in trade for Poolparty ?
Devils need scoring wingers in a big way . Any interest in one or more of anyone still on their ELC to help Oilers cap situation moving forward ?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Yo
1) We've moved on from false dichotomy fallacies to strawmen. NOBODY, not one single person said JP was the best net front presence in the NHL. Nobody. But 1 person, you, said he wasn't much of a netfront presence at all. There are about 450 or so F's in the NHL. Most people realize someone can be MORE than "not a presence at all" and LESS than "the best". It's unfortunate that you can't and see only 1st place and 45oth.

2) You know how many NHL goals Hornqvist had at this age? 32. So, 37 seems like a decent number.

3) Your "facts" are irrelevant, since nobody has argued the case for either him being the best net front guy nor a top 15 PF in the league (before the season started).

By your ridiculous logic, I can say Jake Guentzel is no goal scoring presence at all since he's not the best goal scorer in the league.

But I'd be an idiot to make that kind of statement. I hope you see the point here.
You have no point....he isnt even a top 10...probably not a top 25....shall we keep going. Heck he probably not even the best on his team ! I guess you could say he is top 200, does that make your feelings better? Generally when we refer to a player being good at something its in the top 25 which he isnt. Again ìf you read, I said Hornqvist was a better net front guy and he is. The difference us Hornqvist scored ALL his from there!!! If JP added some grit and a nasty streak he woukd be much improved there .
Another fact if he was traded to pitt, he still wouldn't be the net front guy on PP 1....fact ....probably not even on PP2...fact

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Yes his 37 career goals are earth shattering.... the next big power forward in the NHL lol...his PIM are a force to be rekon with ...like i said he has size and a big body but not the best net front presence in the NHL, not even close. The facts are he wasn't named one for the NHL 15 best power forwards nor was he named the NHL best net front guy, that went to Anders Lee.

“Named”? What are you talking about?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If we can't afford to resign him, I think it'll be for a lesser player plus picks and prospects.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any interest of any Devils players in trade for Poolparty ?
Devils need scoring wingers in a big way . Any interest in one or more of anyone still on their ELC to help Oilers cap situation moving forward ?
You had your chance to grab him for Zacha. I wouldn't do that trade anymore.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If this Kravtstov situation goes on all year I wouldn’t mind a Kravstov-Yamamoto swap in the off season. He would be a cheap cap hit and could pull a JP after a year in Russia.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
No I'm talking about if we trade Puljujarvi due to cap constrictions.
Think the Oilers would trade off someone like Barrie/Kassian or pay a team to take Keith before they'd let that happen. Puljujarvi and Hyman just fit way too well into the complexion of our top 6, and I imagine Holloway will round it out soon enough unless they want him at 3C. Yamamoto would be a cap casualty long before Jesse.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Again
So you went from saying he's not really a net front presence at all to saying he's not the best net front presence in the entire league.

Is this a joke? You don't think people are going to notice the massive difference in the twos statements?
Do you call the the 44th best goal scorer a top goal scorer???
Dont confuse JP with being a great net front presence, heck chara was a net presence as well... JP would not even be on the pens first PP not which is a direct relation to what the original thread was . Remember McCann for Jp?

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Again

Dont confuse JP with being a great net front presence, heck chara was a net presence as well... JP would not even be on the pens first PP not which is a direct relation to what the original thread was . Remember McCann for Jp?

Puljujarvi's stats are brought down by his very limited PP time. However, his ES goals/60 was the 2nd best of the team last year (above Drai, Nuge etc.). He got just about a quarter of PP time compared to the top 1st unit guys but his goals/60 was the 3rd best.

I understand it's hard to see behind total stats and Pulju still has things to prove, but there are good reasons to be excited about him. Especially when he's pretty amazing on the defense, forecheck, and yes also by the net etc. so he definitely means more than just the points to the Oilers.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Again

This post reminds me of Zack MacEwen getting beat up and then trying to pump up the crowd. Not sure why...

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This kind of idea could have merit, but only in the offseason.

There is some question as to whether or not the Oilers can afford to re-sign him. But for now he's staying.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This kind of idea could have merit, but only in the offseason.

There is some question as to whether or not the Oilers can afford to re-sign him. But for now he's staying.

Not anymore, it's not. It's now trading a 1RW for a 3C. The value is poor, as are the needs.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It is a very real and depression possibility that Pulujarvi may price himself out of Edmonton. He has earned a hefty raise.

And he should get it. Trading him would be a disastrous mistake, especially since it'll be because we dumped 14 million dollars into mediocre defencemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad