Confirmed with Link: Mazur signs ELC - will finish season in GR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Nah, it's difficult either way. You're talking about a fundamental change in a player's makeup. Plus, what is the point behind this idea? That the Wings focus on acquiring more playmakers and hope one turns into a shooter? How about we just acquire shooters instead?
What high level playmaker do we have? Maybe Raymond but there's no guarantee there and Berggren is a middle 6 guy. Larkins a great shooter and Kubalik and Perron can shoot.

I think the point is we need offense. Both playmaker and goal scorers are needed.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
You are going nowhere when the team has no one to pass to those shooters. We in fact have few excellent shooters in Perron and Kubalik. Also had Bert who was quite good at it. However, they are underutilized.
You don't need superstar centers like Zetterberg or Datsyuk in order to have productive shooters on your team.

Within the category of shooter/goal-scorer, Perron and Kubalik are average at best. Bert was barely average. They all average between 2-2.5 shots per game. If this team wants to be good, they need above-average shooters. Guys pumping 3+ on average and scoring more than 20 goals. I don't know if Mazur will be that (kinda doubt it, and I'm super high on the kid), but the idea that it would be bad if he turns out to be is ludicrous, given that that is one of this team's most glaring weaknesses, regardless of how good our playmakers are.

Do the Wings need an upgrade at center? Sure. Does that preclude them from upgrading elsewhere? Of course not.

What high level playmaker do we have? Maybe Raymond but there's no guarantee there and Berggren is a middle 6 guy. Larkins a great shooter and Kubalik and Perron can shoot.

I think the point is we need offense. Both playmaker and goal scorers are needed.
I didn't word that great, but that was my point, we need both.

In this thread recently, it was said that Mazur shoots too much and implied that the Wings should focus on acquiring playmakers more than shooters because playmakers can just be turned into shooters. Also that all we really need are superstars and nothing else matters. I'm pushing back on all those ideas, they're all silly.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nah, it's difficult either way. You're talking about a fundamental change in a player's makeup. Plus, what is the point behind this idea? That the Wings focus on acquiring more playmakers and hope one turns into a shooter? How about we just acquire shooters instead?
It's probably just me , but I prefer guys who have much more assists than goals. I like players who always have a choice, not just shoot , I like more creative players. This draft I like Musty or Perreault all those reasons.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

SCD

Apr 8, 2018

Larkin is a lot of things, but a great shooter he is not.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Honestly, the things this kids doing he already deserves a game in Detroit. Unfortunately, at this stage of the season and how few games he has in GR under his belt. You probably don't mess with what he has going and let him ride this to the offseason. He will get his chances in preseason.

Really impressive start.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nice to see him at WHC. Think this is amazing call and respect of his level as a player.

Gotta have to buy some tickect for USA and Sweden (Raymond & Berggren) games!

I live only 8 miles (15 minutes) away from the Nokia Arena where the group A is located.

Group A
- Finland (Määttä)
- Sweden (Raymond, Berggren)
- USA (Mazur)
- Germany (no Seider ??? damn!)
- Denmark
- Austria (no Kasper ? damn!) at least I can see Reinbacher... the 2023 draft prospect.
- France
- Hungary

Last edited:

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Nice to see him at WHC. Think this is amazing call and respect of his level as a player.

Gotta have to buy some tickect for USA and Sweden (Raymond & Berggren) games!

I live only 8 miles (15 minutes) away from the Nokia Arena where the group A is located.

Group A
- Finland (Määttä)
- Sweden (Raymond, Berggren)
- USA (Mazur)
- Germany (no Seider ??? damn!)
- Denmark
- Austria (no Kasper ? damn!) at least I can see Reinbacher... the 2023 draft prospect.
- France
- Hungary
Aren't Raymond and Berggren in a different tournament, that is only European nations? Or are they in both tournaments?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Fabbri - Larkin - Raymond
Ras - Kasper - Perron
Mazur - Copp - Kubalik
Berggren - Veleno - Zadina

OPENING NIGHT LET'S GOOOOOO
1683313735270.png

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
NCAA
40 games, 22+15 = 37 points

AHL
6 games, 3+3 = 6 points

Team USA
2 games, 0+3 = 3 points

Mazur is just scoring and making things happen at every level. Definitely a net-front area guy, making screens all the time, like he did for USA first goal. Also did hit Juho Lammikko on the ice very hard at open ice.

Imo, this kid just seems a real deal.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Ummmm..... I dunno.

Guess we need 8 wingers. Raymond, Perron, Kubalik, Ras, Berggren, Elmer, Mazur and someone else.

I just dont want an overpaid Killorn really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad