Confirmed with Link: Mazur signs ELC - will finish season in GR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Like what I'm seeing here. (And god am I grateful for IceHockeyG)

I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse, but that doesn't look like a newly 21 year old kid playing his first AHL game. Granted those are highlights and I didn't see the entire game, so I'm sure there are probably lowlights as well, but in those clips, he looks like a guy with a few years of professional hockey under his belt and he's just on a conditioning stint.

If I could summarize this all into one succinct point, that looked like the pace of play was incredibly too low for him. Like it didn't appear like anything he was facing was an actual challenge for his brain and body to keep up with.

f*** it, I'll plant my flag today. Carter Mazur is on the 2023-24 Detroit Red Wings opening night roster.

I realize this is going to look really bad when Yzerman goes out and signs and trades for a half dozen players with 1- or 2-year contracts, but who cares.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse, but that doesn't look like a newly 21 year old kid playing his first AHL game. Granted those are highlights and I didn't see the entire game, so I'm sure there are probably lowlights as well, but in those clips, he looks like a guy with a few years of professional hockey under his belt and he's just on a conditioning stint.

If I could summarize this all into one succinct point, that looked like the pace of play was incredibly too low for him. Like it didn't appear like anything he was facing was an actual challenge for his brain and body to keep up with.

f*** it, I'll plant my flag today. Carter Mazur is on the 2023-24 Detroit Red Wings opening night roster.

I realize this is going to look really bad when Yzerman goes out and signs and trades for a half dozen players with 1- or 2-year contracts, but who cares.
Haha I feel about the same. I love Mazur as a prospect and he looks great in these little clips. But I have to remind myself that I love Edvinsson as a prospect and he had nice flashes in yesterday's game, but overall I thought looked like he want ready.

So, very optimistic long term. Hopeful that he's doing good outside of the highlights, but trying to stay down to earth

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
I'm kind of impressed. He is doing those minor things that are required to become an NHLer. Too much shooting oriented though but this might actually be a good thing.

Hoping for getting at least Kubalik type of a player out of him. Maybe more.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Mazur feels like our Brayden Point. Hopefully he can get anywhere close to that level of play.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I'm kind of impressed. He is doing those minor things that are required to become an NHLer. Too much shooting oriented though but this might actually be a good thing.

Hoping for getting at least Kubalik type of a player out of him. Maybe more.

Too much shooting oriented? The Wings are near the bottom of the league in shots per game. We need more shooters.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
We need game changers like Zetterberg or Datsyuk, not necessarily shooters. I guess you understand the difference.
It's not one or the other though. The Wings desperately need shooters/goal scorers. That need doesn't just evaporate because we also need superstars. And it is much easier to get one than the other.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It's not one or the other though. The Wings desperately need shooters/goal scorers. That need doesn't just evaporate because we also need superstars. And it is much easier to get one than the other.
Playmaker could easily become shooter, but it is much harder other way around

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
You are going nowhere when the team has no one to pass to those shooters. We in fact have few excellent shooters in Perron and Kubalik. Also had Bert who was quite good at it. However, they are underutilized.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Playmaker could easily become shooter, but it is much harder other way around
Nah, it's difficult either way. You're talking about a fundamental change in a player's makeup. Plus, what is the point behind this idea? That the Wings focus on acquiring more playmakers and hope one turns into a shooter? How about we just acquire shooters instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad