Value of: Max Pacioretty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Don't fool yourself, the same results would have happened with subban out there instead of weber. Some say that he'd be even better because he tends to shine in big games.

The irony of this quote is that up to the point Subban was traded, Canadiens' fans here kept being told countless times that Subban was not one of the best in the world because he was not selected by Team Canada, that he didn't play during the Olympics.

And now we are told that Weber isn't better than Subban, despite him being the no 1 defenseman selected by Team Canada, making it sound like Weber is lesser than he is because Team Canada is elite.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The irony of this quote is that up to the point Subban was traded, Canadiens' fans here kept being told countless times that Subban was not one of the best in the world because he was not selected by Team Canada, that he didn't play during the Olympics.

And now we are told that Weber isn't better than Subban, despite him being the no 1 defenseman selected by Team Canada, making it sound like Weber is lesser than he is because Team Canada is elite.

Its funny how that happens. People ragged on Taylor Hall forever too, but as soon as the Oilers trade him he's a superstar. Not that its really comparable, at least Subban and Weber are both top tier players.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
i don't know exactly what it would take to complete the deal , but something around Kucherov vs Pac

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Pacioretty + Beaulieu for Lindholm + Silfverberg? Not enough for Anaheim maybe.

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Silfverberg

Lindholm-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Pacioretty + Beaulieu for Lindholm + Silfverberg? Not enough for Anaheim maybe.

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Silfverberg

Lindholm-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

We are not trading Lindholm. We have enough defenseman even if we trade one away when will people understand this? We don't want any more defenseman. Don't want to trade Silfverberg who is strong defensively and great in shootouts and has stepped up in the playoffs before.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
lol dont get too personal. Its something thats been known in mtl for ages. The habs wanna get bigger. Adding smaller players defeats that purpose.

No, they want to keep all of their small players. If they wanted to get bigger, Eller would of stayed instead of DD. Until they start moving out some of their smallest players, the Habs trying to get bigger is more myth then anything else.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Maybe value-wise, but it doesn't take much else into consideration.

It works for Montreal. I'd move Petry in a heartbeat to make space for Trouba and whoever we needed to move to make room for Ehlers, same thing. Trouba would slot nicely into the top pairing as Weber ages.

Both Pacioretty and Beaulieu help the Jet's, whether that's who they would want in trade is another matter.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It works for Montreal. I'd move Petry in a heartbeat to make space for Trouba and whoever we needed to move to make room for Ehlers, same thing. Trouba would slot nicely into the top pairing as Weber ages.

Both Pacioretty and Beaulieu help the Jet's, whether that's who they would want in trade is another matter.

I don't see the Jets agreeing to that trade for multi reasons. Much sooner keep Trouba and Ehlers.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Its funny how that happens. People ragged on Taylor Hall forever too, but as soon as the Oilers trade him he's a superstar. Not that its really comparable, at least Subban and Weber are both top tier players.

returns on trades aside, it is exactly comparable. All you'd hear is the negatives of each player. But once they were moved, the naysayers stopped and then switched to the "OMG they're superstars and no better players ever lived". Some need to find ways to crap on a franchise or fanbase. The reality is, both are all stars and have some warts to their games......but not many

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Pacioretty and Beaulieu vs Trouba and Ehlers

Man. This is tempting. I know we're gunning for a Cup right now but...

Ehlers - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Radulov
Shaw - Desharnais - Carr
McCarron - Mitchell - Byron

Trouba - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price

This is still a pretty good lineup. Weber can be captain, with Gallagher and Markov as As. And, we'd be even better in two years.

Ehlers - Galchenyuk - Gallagher (all of them being at their peak)
Andrighetto - McCarron - Sherback
Shaw - Hudon - Carr

Sergachev - Trouba
Someone - Weber
Emelin - Petry

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Didn't want to look through the whole thread . . .

Halak, Bailey and a 2nd . . .

:laugh:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Shaw - Desharnais - Carr

Trouba - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price

This is still a pretty good lineup. Weber can be captain, with Gallagher and Markov as As. And, we'd be even better in two years.

Shaw - Hudon - Carr

Sergachev - Trouba
Someone - Weber
Emelin - Petry

Not tempting to the Jets though, no thx

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

It goes both ways. Tons of people believed Subban should be on the Sotchi team and WC team now aswell.
Most people complaining about Subban were journalists, Habs managment and Habs fans who either loved or hated him. People say worse things about Karlsson and he is arguably the best defensemen in the game. All top players get alot of crap no matter the team.

Hall was in a horrible spot. He was the best player on a team with no defense and lack of solid twoway players. He has always been considered a top winger by the majority of fans atleast from my experince. Very easy to just say what you guys say now.

Pops

Sep 22, 2016
Max is Montreal's version of Kessel. Great point producer, but not the type of player, that will "lead" you to the cup. Look what Kessel did with Pitt. Could you ever have visioned Kessel almost winning the playoff map, while leading the leafs to cup. No way.But only being, maybe the the 4th best player Pitt had, Kessel looked like a all star. I really believe Max would fall into the same category. You will never win the cup,with Max leading the way. So, maybe it's time to trade him for some real good pieces.Oh oh forget everything I just said
I just remembered Price is back. Montreal can win the cup, probably with a team a Max's.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Max is Montreal's version of Kessel. Great point producer, but not the type of player, that will "lead" you to the cup. Look what Kessel did with Pitt. Could you ever have visioned Kessel almost winning the playoff map, while leading the leafs to cup. No way.But only being, maybe the the 4th best player Pitt had, Kessel looked like a all star. I really believe Max would fall into the same category. You will never win the cup,with Max leading the way. So, maybe it's time to trade him for some real good pieces.Oh oh forget everything I just said
I just remembered Price is back. Montreal can win the cup, probably with a team a Max's. ��

max has the 3rd most gwg since 2013. I guess u dont win cups with those players. :laugh::laugh:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Shaw - Desharnais - Carr

Trouba - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price

Shaw - Hudon - Carr

Sergachev - Trouba
Someone - Weber
Emelin - Petry

its not tempting at all. Why would the habs downgrade massively from Pacs to Ehlers just to upgrade from Bealieu to Trouba?? Makes no sense at all. Who's gonna pot us 40 goals? Will Galchenyuk be effective with a second line forward or should I say a third liner?? Plus, Beaulieu has yet to peak, he can break out this year whereas Trouba seems to have plateaued.

Then we talking contract wise and its an absolute joke. Pacs and Bealieu make 5.5M$ whereas Trouba alone is asking for more (!!??!!). Then they gotta extend Ehlers.
Easy no from habs, no thanks, not tempting at all.

Pops

Sep 22, 2016
Yea, and how many, I was going to say cups, but we know thats a big zero, so we"ll
say playoff rounds,have the Max lead Habs won. By the way there was a 3 yr period where Kessel was something like 4th in total points, yet the leafs, never once made the playoffs.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Yea, and how many, I was going to say cups, but we know thats a big zero, so we"ll
say playoff rounds,have the Max lead Habs won. By the way there was a 3 yr period where Kessel was something like 4th in total points, yet the leafs, never once made the playoffs.

so now its patches fault for 0 cups in mtl:laugh:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
its not tempting at all. Why would the habs downgrade massively from Pacs to Ehlers just to upgrade from Bealieu to Trouba?? Makes no sense at all. Who's gonna pot us 40 goals? Will Galchenyuk be effective with a second line forward or should I say a third liner?? Plus, Beaulieu has yet to peak, he can break out this year whereas Trouba seems to have plateaued.

Then we talking contract wise and its an absolute joke. Pacs and Bealieu make 5.5M$ whereas Trouba alone is asking for more (!!??!!). Then they gotta extend Ehlers.
Easy no from habs, no thanks, not tempting at all.

Thank you. :handclap:

Pops

Sep 22, 2016
Not his fault, but he really hasn't done a dam thing, to make the Habs a cup contender, in the 7 years he's been there. So how much of an impact player is he. According to you Habs fans, I guess he's done great.According to the rest of the league, not so much

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not his fault, but he really hasn't done a dam thing, to make the Habs a cup contender, in the 7 years he's been there. So how much of an impact player is he. According to you Habs fans, I guess he's done great.According to the rest of the league, not so much

lol hes a key piece to the solution to bring the cup to mtl. Carey Price is the best and all but what heas he done to bring the cup home? I see 0...

:laugh::laugh:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Max would look good in Columbus:sarcasm:

Seriously, I don't think we would win with Patches. The management is contradicting themselves. They want to build around character and yet, they've put Patches as Captain.

I would definitely try to send him not for a top prospect but more an established player like Jakub Voracek or Corey Perry.

Both had down years. Still relatively young (well 31 for CP and JV is same as Patches at 27). We need a strong winger. Not a soft one.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
ehlers has a year at 15 goals and suddenly he's pacioretty?
the english equivalent of therrien doesn't know how to use him (or anyone else on team for that matter)
and all my fellow, ********, pro-subban Hab fans want him dealt?
he's a top 10 LW in ENTIRE league. the difference between trouba and beaulieu is FAR less than pacioretty/ehlers.
HF trade boards, where the promises of the future always outweigh the reality of the moment

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Max would look good in Columbus:sarcasm:

Seriously, I don't think we would win with Patches. The management is contradicting themselves. They want to build around character and yet, they've put Patches as Captain.

I would definitely try to send him not for a top prospect but more an established player like Jakub Voracek or Corey Perry.

Both had down years. Still relatively young (well 31 for CP and JV is same as Patches at 27). We need a strong winger. Not a soft one.

You will not get back better value than MaxP can give you in regards to production vs cap hit. What he needs, is to have better players around him. Ideally, he should not be the teams best forward. If he was 2nd or 3rd, it would be much better.

As for him being captain, always seemed like an odd pick as he seems to quiet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad