Value of: Max Pacioretty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
We need more Pacioretty's, not less. Our best chance to win the cup with the current core is the next 3 seasons, trading away our 35 goal, 65 point, two-way winger makes no sense right now.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Habs traded for Weber so they could contend hard for the next 2-3 years (before Price's contract is up), why would we trade a 35+ goal scorer who's on a cost efficient contract? makes no sense
This could very well be Carey Price's last year in Montreal,with the new CBA you cannot talk to your player about a new contract until there is 1 year left on the contract,so after this season on July 1st,Montreal will offer Price an 8 year max deal if he signs it he is a Montreal Canadien for life,if he does not sign it he will be traded on July 2nd,which is a 90% chance he will be traded,because Carey and his wife are both from the West,you are not going to let Carey Price walk away for free so he is most likely traded this off season so this is a year chance to win the cup.:)

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
This could very well be Carey Price's last year in Montreal,with the new CBA you cannot talk to your player about a new contract until there is 1 year left on the contract,so after this season on July 1st,Montreal will offer Price an 8 year max deal if he signs it he is a Montreal Canadien for life,if he does not sign it he will be traded on July 2nd,which is a 90% chance he will be traded,because Carey and his wife are both from the West,you are not going to let Carey Price walk away for free so he is most likely traded this off season so this is a year chance to win the cup.:)

That's not a new rule.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Pick unprotected, give you your choice of Reinhart or Caleb Jones (Reinhart closer to NHL ready, Jones higher upside).

ok deal. We'll take Griffin. idk jones.

We'll add Danault or something else for that throw in.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Because the Habs are recently in the business of trading better, younger assets for older ones on worse contracts as long as there is some potential of increased intangibles. In this case, Rick Nash seems like he might fit the bill.

Please god no. Don't give MB this idea.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

yup Price is heading to Vancouver just like Stamkos went to Toronto, its inevitable! :rolleyes:

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
We need more Pacioretty's, not less. Our best chance to win the cup with the current core is the next 3 seasons, trading away our 35 goal, 65 point, two-way winger makes no sense right now.
Two way? He's a very soft, one-way guy. I'm a Habs fan btw...

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
So...

RNH
Yakupov
2017 1st
Reinhart

For

MaxPac
Plekanec
Danault

?

Am I reading this right?

Man that's ugly for us, especially with what it leaves us at LW LOL... Daniel Carr would be our best LW & if we're lucky Artturi Lehkonen.

To elaborate: We just traded Subban for Weber. Weber's 31 we have Price coming up in 2 years & no idea if he'll return. The unprotected first is nice & so is RNH but our window is likely the next 3 seasons, Plekanec & Pacioretty help us much more in this window than RNH (who would be a good addition) & the hope of Yakupov & an unprotected first.

We're in win now mode which was shown by our management group. Trading Pacioretty & Plekanec for RNH/Yak/1st doesn't help us now & for that reason I wouldn't make the move.

We'd have this:

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Carr-RNH-Gallagher
Hudon-Desharnais-Radulov
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

Or whatever sort of combo but that forward group isn't pretty & we already can't score. We can't really take a flier on Yakupov & Radulov with all our eggs in one basket.

It simply doesn't make any sense for us.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Man that's ugly for us, especially with what it leaves us at LW LOL... Daniel Carr would be our best LW & if we're lucky Artturi Lehkonen.

To elaborate: We just traded Subban for Weber. Weber's 31 we have Price coming up in 2 years & no idea if he'll return. The unprotected first is nice & so is RNH but our window is likely the next 3 seasons, Plekanec & Pacioretty help us much more in this window than RNH (who would be a good addition) & the hope of Yakupov & an unprotected first.

We're in win now mode which was shown by our management group. Trading Pacioretty & Plekanec for RNH/Yak/1st doesn't help us now & for that reason I wouldn't make the move.

We'd have this:

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Carr-RNH-Gallagher
Hudon-Desharnais-Radulov
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

Or whatever sort of combo but that forward group isn't pretty & we already can't score. We can't really take a flier on Yakupov & Radulov with all our eggs in one basket.

It simply doesn't make any sense for us.

Yakupov can play LW so can Radulov.
A top line of Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Radulov would look really nice.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Max Pacioretty. The contract Golden Boy that can do no wrong.

Scores the most Empty Net and Meaningless Goals on the Habs.

The PP dies on his stick when he's on the half-wall.

Time and Space Impact him negatively.

Not Aggressive or Physical.

Habs needs to sell now and sell high while the cat is still in the bag.....Need to call Jim Benning ASAP.

Also the most OT winning goal, GWG goal, PP goal in the last 3 years on the Habs.

He is league 1st with 11 ENG during those 3 years though :laugh:

1st in PO goals, tied 2nd in GWG goals for the Habs again between 2014-2016.

He's 9th in PO goals since 1994 (32 games 10 goals) with only Cammalleri and Recchi having played less games (Kovalev being the most productive with 17 goals - 33 games).

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Habs traded for Weber so they could contend hard for the next 2-3 years (before Price's contract is up), why would we trade a 35+ goal scorer who's on a cost efficient contract? makes no sense

I am not a Montreal fan in the least and don't agree much with any of their fans but this is dead on . I been noticing him in a few OP's lately , I don't get it

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Yakupov can play LW so can Radulov.
A top line of Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Radulov would look really nice.

I've hoped Montreal would snag Yakupov for 2 years now.

The issue there is, we have no idea IF Yakupov will turn it around. We have no idea IF Radulov will be the impact player we hope for.

So what happens if they don't pan out?

You're left with essentially this in the top 6

XXX-Galchenyuk-XXX
XXX/Carr-RNH-Gallagher

What do you do? It almost leaves you no choice but to tear it down.

The window is now, trading Pacioretty & Plekanec literally makes 0 sense for the organization right now unless they decide to trade Markov, Weber & Price as well.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I've hoped Montreal would snag Yakupov for 2 years now.

The issue there is, we have no idea IF Yakupov will turn it around. We have no idea IF Radulov will be the impact player we hope for.

So what happens if they don't pan out?

You're left with essentially this in the top 6

XXX-Galchenyuk-XXX
XXX/Carr-RNH-Gallagher

What do you do? It almost leaves you no choice but to tear it down.

The window is now, trading Pacioretty & Plekanec literally makes 0 sense for the organization right now unless they decide to trade Markov, Weber & Price as well.

radulov has way too much talent not to be a top 6 player. He dominted the KHL, the best KHL player out there including Panarin (back then). If panarin was that good, theres no reason to believe Radulov wont pan out. I could say what if Gallagher doesnt pan out for the upcoming season.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
I am not a Montreal fan in the least and don't agree much with any of their fans but this is dead on . I been noticing him in a few OP's lately , I don't get it

Coach called him worst captain in Canadiens history + we traded Subban after coach threw him under the bus = people assume Pacioretty is the next one to go because GM has a hard on for the coach... or something like that. And they wonder what's his value in case GM and coach have gone mad after going dumb.

I don't see Pacioretty traded, especially not for a deal that doesn't replace him right away. Pacioretty for a similar player 1 for 1 would be realistic, even if totally dumb. Pacioretty + Plekanec for RNH + Yakupov + 1st would be mad, unless it's a trade deadline thing without Canadiens nor Oilers making the playoffs. Before the season starts, that'd be like throwing the season away with the core in its prime and Price having 2 years left before new contract... I hope even our management isn't that dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad