Value of: Max Pacioretty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
please close this thread, he's not going anywhere and these offers are horrible.

And then you keep bringing up habs fans who offer horrible deals

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
radulov has way too much talent not to be a top 6 player. He dominted the KHL, the best KHL player out there including Panarin (back then). If panarin was that good, theres no reason to believe Radulov wont pan out. I could say what if Gallagher doesnt pan out for the upcoming season.

The talent is there, but it's remaining to be seen if he pans out. You proved my point, he's not proven in the NHL. Yakupov hasn't proven anything in the league offensively outside of his rookie year.

Gallagher's proven in the NHL, we know what we're getting with him which is 20G & 40-50 points. It's not the same circumstance.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Pacioretty + Plekanec for RNH + Yakupov + 1st would be mad,

This trade is totally ridiculous. Not necessarily in term of value but in term of what Mtl is looking for right now.

Yes RNH is younger than Plekanec and has more value by a fair margin but right now as i write this he is not much better than Plekanec if he even is.

Pacioretty despite all his flaws his a much much better player than Yakupov. Yakupov might develop in the future who knows but unless something strange happen he will remain not as good as Patch for the next 2 or 3 years.

The first pick holds very little value for Montreal specially since with McDavid healthy (and adding Patch and Plek two good vets who won here) Edmonton will more than likely not finish in the bottom 5. After this trade is made the worst i can see them finish is around 20th.

Montreal is looking to win now. One of the best goalie in the world who is signed for a fair cap hit for 2 more years. One of the best dman in the world who is 31 years old (i don't agree with the trade but Weber remains Weber). A very talented and imo underrated around the league young center in AG who is entering his prime. A perennial 30 goals scorer under a ridiculously good contract for another 3 years. One of the best rat in the league in Gallagher.

Montreal wants to win now. That trade does nothing for us.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Doubt that Pacioretty is moved for any thing unless it's an insane overpayment. Paciorretty for Fowler and Montour as was one of the proposals makes zero sense Montreal is looking to add to their top 6 and trading patches makes that worse and he probably leaves Anaheim after a 2 years or so any ways so that deal doesn't make to much sense for either team.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
That's the minimum you can expect for Gallagher though. He'll likely bring close to 25 goals and 50 points if he plays top 6.

Exactly that. Pacioretty/Gallagher/Plekanec/Galchenyuk are the only forwards that we know for a fact what we're getting from them. Radulov we have no idea, Yakupov we'd have no idea & RNH at best essentially replaces Plekanec, it's still not a worthwhile gamble at the stage the Canadiens are in.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
We need more Pacioretty's, not less. Our best chance to win the cup with the current core is the next 3 seasons, trading away our 35 goal, 65 point, two-way winger makes no sense right now.

two-way what now ? more pacioretty's means we just get to observe what talent without drive means.

We need the points we would lose if he gets shipped, but we need a captain who leads by example as well, not one who consistently folds when the chips are down, what we do not need is more empty net or meaningless goals.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
This trade is totally ridiculous. Not necessarily in term of value but in term of what Mtl is looking for right now.

Yes RNH is younger than Plekanec and has more value by a fair margin but right now as i write this he is not much better than Plekanec if he even is.

Pacioretty despite all his flaws his a much much better player than Yakupov. Yakupov might develop in the future who knows but unless something strange happen he will remain not as good as Patch for the next 2 or 3 years.

The first pick holds very little value for Montreal specially since with McDavid healthy (and adding Patch and Plek two good vets who won here) Edmonton will more than likely not finish in the bottom 5. After this trade is made the worst i can see them finish is around 20th.

Montreal is looking to win now. One of the best goalie in the world who is signed for a fair cap hit for 2 more years. One of the best dman in the world who is 31 years old (i don't agree with the trade but Weber remains Weber). A very talented and imo underrated around the league young center in AG who is entering his prime. A perennial 30 goals scorer under a ridiculously good contract for another 3 years. One of the best rat in the league in Gallagher.

Montreal wants to win now. That trade does nothing for us.

Why are you even quoting me about that when I said the exact same thing you did ?

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Max Pacioretty. The contract Golden Boy that can do no wrong.

Scores the most Empty Net and Meaningless Goals on the Habs.

The PP dies on his stick when he's on the half-wall.

Time and Space Impact him negatively.

Not Aggressive or Physical.

Habs needs to sell now and sell high while the cat is still in the bag.....Need to call Jim Benning ASAP.

I like Pacs...but unfortunately a lot of this is true. He's also been a no-show in the playoffs thus far in his career.

He really reminds me of Rick Nash - big, fast, defensively responsible, but doesn't use his size and isn't a big game player.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I like Pacs...but unfortunately a lot of this is true. He's also been a no-show in the playoffs thus far in his career.

He really reminds me of Rick Nash - big, fast, defensively responsible, but doesn't use his size and isn't a big game player.

Since his 1st PO in 2012-2013, Pacioretty is tied 1st in goals (with Bourque :laugh: ) and tied 2nd in points with Gallagher (behind PK :cry: ) with the Habs. PO goalscoring has been a big problem for the Habs since 1994.

League wise, he's tied 45th with Kopitar (45 games) in goals. He's tied 81st in points with guys like Marchand and Zetterberg (tied 66th in ppg for players with 20 games or more).

He may not be the ultimate PO warrior, but his ''no-showiness'' is overblown by many people.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
Max Pacioretty. The contract Golden Boy that can do no wrong.

Scores the most Empty Net and Meaningless Goals on the Habs.

The PP dies on his stick when he's on the half-wall.

Time and Space Impact him negatively.

Not Aggressive or Physical.

Habs needs to sell now and sell high while the cat is still in the bag.....Need to call Jim Benning ASAP.

Michel Therrien is that you ? :sarcasm:

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Habs traded for Weber so they could contend hard for the next 2-3 years (before Price's contract is up), why would we trade a 35+ goal scorer who's on a cost efficient contract? makes no sense

Adding Weber and subtracting Subban with nothing else involved doesnt make you any more of a contender.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Would the Habs be interested in a captain swap with the Blue Jackets? Foligno for Patches? If Nick plays with Galchenyuk and gets PP time, he could put up very similar numbers to what he did when he was next to Johansen.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Would Minnesota be willing to do a 2 for 1 swap.

Something like

Niederriter & Zucker
Coyle & Zucker
Coyle & Niederrieter

for

Pacioretty

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Would the Habs be interested in a captain swap with the Blue Jackets? Foligno for Patches? If Nick plays with Galchenyuk and gets PP time, he could put up very similar numbers to what he did when he was next to Johansen.

Pacioretty>>>Foligno

Awful for Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad