Prospect Info: Matthew Tkachuk or PL Dubois (Round 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
At this point either of them would be just gravy. I'll freakn puke if Van trades the pick.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Dubois is my first choice at 5th, if available.

However, he did say he prefers wing. Question is, how much better is he at wing than center? Is it like a 10 point difference or a 20 point difference?

In an interview his coach said playing wing allowed him to play more physical, and playing centre allowed him to have the puck more and distribute it better.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver

He seems to be changing his stance based on the team that's interview him:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Caro...-Logan-Brown-Shine-at-Draft-Combine/194/77378

"I had a lot of good interviews, but I think the #Oilers was one of the good ones." Pierre-Luc Dubois #NHLCombine

And:

It's interesting to hear him waffle on the question of whether he sees himself as a centre or a winger. He says he thinks he has "played his best hockey" as a centre but, because the Oilers are looking for a wing, he backpedals to talk about how he has played wing for most of his life and might be more comfortable there.

Doesn't seem like he's set on either LW or C yet.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dubois sure is confident. I want him as a Canuck and not on an opposition team :laugh:

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Ideally we draft a center, but if we draft Dubois, I think the Canucks are going to groom him into a center. Similar to how they groomed Gaunce into a winger.

JA

Do we want to draft a flip-flopper? Which position is it Dubois? Hmmm?
I don't put any stock into which position a player says he can play when they are drafted. Their objective is to promote themselves to their potential employers.

He'll try to play whichever position the team needs, which demonstrates versatility.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Where's the speed? :laugh:

It would be a very talented line and I like how it looks on paper, but i would be lying if i said i had not considered that, i value speed quite highly these days (partially why i really wanted puljujärvi).

Regardless tkachuk is such a good talent you could swap boeser with virtanen or someone else with more speed if need be.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It would be a very talented line and I like how it looks on paper, but i would be lying if i said i had not considered that, i value speed quite highly these days (partially why i really wanted puljujärvi).

Regardless tkachuk is such a good talent you could swap boeser with virtanen or someone else with more speed if need be.

It depends on how the line plays. That's not a speed line for sure but I don't know that it's "slow" either. Boeser and Tkachuk both have strong strides and once they get moving they are fine. They just take a step or two more to get going. But once that puck is in the offensive zone either along the boards or around the net they'll be a handful to get it back from. And that can work just fine.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
At this point either of them would be just gravy. I'll freakn puke if Van trades the pick.

Gravy would be a cup and still getting to pick one of these guys. This isn't a gravy situation...this is the pat on the head and being told it's okay you'll get them next time slugger situation.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I'd be really impressed by anyone here that can tell me what the differentiation between a 1 C, a 2 C, and a 3 C.

Obviouslt I know the answer already as a seasoned fan.. but new fans: would love to hear your thoughts

top 30, top 60, top 90

that said, im guessing you have a different and wildly incorrect definition

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
I agree, the amount of C prospects coming out of the Q should have no impact on the amount of top line Cs that came from the Q. Wait

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

Tkachuk and Virtanen are massive mismatches who would somewhat cancel out each other's effectiveness, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad