Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaddy

Aug 19, 2009
Tkachuk is better than Marner. But this trade isn't happening and it's not because of that.
I think he's better because of all the other assets he brings.

I think Marner is one of the most skilled wingers in the league, you need more then that to win.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I think he's better because of all the other assets he brings.

I think Marner is one of the most skilled wingers in the league, you need more then that to win.
This exactly.
Offensively it's close and i wouldn't argue against someone saying either. But tkachuk just is one of the rarest, most valuable type of player a team can have. And it's funny, cause he's the exact type of forward the Leafs could use.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Seriously though. They are brothers, not pokemon. We don't need the whole set or whatever. Tkachuk probably costs us Stutzle and fills a position we don't need.

Besides, we just ordered the Dorion statue for all his hard work. We really gonna try and return that thing?
Feels nice to have the set though...

Habs have 3 Pitlicks...we're just waiting for the next 2 to be born and grow up

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Not power struggle. What happens to Brady when he brother does something detrimental to the team? What happens when Matthews is in a contract dispute? What happens when some player complains to Brady about something his brother is doing on-ice?

It is just asking for trouble,
Was being sarcastic.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This exactly.
Offensively it's close and i wouldn't argue against someone saying either. But tkachuk just is one of the rarest, most valuable type of player a team can have. And it's funny, cause he's the exact type of forward the Leafs could use.
I agree but Marner's skill set is soo versatile that IMO he is worth more.

Its odd comparing Marner and Tkachuk cuz they complement each other perfectly.
I would be willing to go all picks and prospects+cap for 1yr of tkachuk if cgy retains.
For 1 yr of Tkachuk I would go Knies+Amirov+2023 1st+2024 1st+Kerfoot+Holl for Tkachuk@50%

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
From NJ I would offer one of these packages
1) 2023 unprotected 1st, Holtz, Mukhamadullin, Severson
2) Bratt, Severson & a throw in prospect like Foote
#1 please
In fact add Foote and another prospect to it and pull Severson add another pick

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
6nalbp.jpg

6nammp.jpg

6nafdf.jpg

kaddy

Aug 19, 2009
He might stay in the end, the Tkatchuk's camp are tough camp to negotiate.

devs1616

Jan 26, 2014
NJ: Tkatchuk (signed)

CLG: 2023 1st (unprotected), 2024 2nd, Gritsyuk, Mukhamadullin, Sharangovich/Johnsson

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
He might stay in the end, the Tkatchuk's camp are tough camp to negotiate.
I doubt it . Flames would not have done the team elected arb route if they were close to a deal or felt one was possible. With Gaudreau gone , why would he stay? He would likely see a decrease in his production if he stayed , which would result in a lesser deal. I would think he tries to cash in on a career year. However , if he only wants to go to St.Louis or one specific team , it will be hard to squeeze that much $ out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad