Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaddy

Aug 19, 2009
With rumours of Tkachuk on the move. I've come up with a Blockbuster trade similar to one Burke made with Phaneuf trade.

Calgary

Marner
Reilly

Toronto

Tkachuk
Andersson

Flames get a replacement for Johnny Hockey. Leafs a thoughess for the playoffs. Who says no?
It's really not too far off if Tkachuk signs a decent contract.

Really Toronto needs Tanev and Markstrom

Reactions: Son of Petter

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Yes Rielly > Andersson.
But Tkachuk is younger tougher out-pointed and out scored Marner last season so what makes Marner better?
Marner had a better PPG and is better defensively.
Marner has been the best RW in the league the last 2 seasons as demonstrated by him being named a first team allstar 2 years in a row.

Or in this case homerism.
Yeah all the media who voted Marner as the best RW in the league 2 years in a row are also homers too right?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Flames could attach Hanifin to the Tkachuk deal for a mega, mega trade. Don’t forget the rumoured Hall/Vatanen/Bennett/Hanifin deal with NJ.
Trade separately. No one wants/can add that much cap.

If you get a top prospect or young player for Tkachuk, Lindholm, and Hanifin it ensures a pretty solid rebuild. Quality > quantity I think is the key here. We have enough middle roster players (Coronato, Pelletier, Zary, Ruzicka). We just need a couple elite forwards and a few D depending on who we trade (I think we sign Kylington long term and Andersson stays)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Just a thought ? Boston: David Pastrnak 6.6 million 1year Brandon Carlo 4.1 for 5 years- Calgary : Matthew Tkachuk RFA signs 9-10 Million Boston gets a power forward?
Terrible idea. I doubt Boston moves Pastrnak straight up, let alone adding Carlo.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Three way trade

To Boston: Kreider (waives NMC for hometown club)

To NYR: Tkachuk

To Calgary: Debrusk, Kakko, Lundkvist, Bos 1st

Probably a bit more in prospects or picks to Calgary from Boston’s side.

Why? Because I want Tkachuk on the Rangers. That’s all. Get in there Drury!
You know Flames are asking for Laf if NYR call

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With rumours of Tkachuk on the move. I've come up with a Blockbuster trade similar to one Burke made with Phaneuf trade.

Calgary

Marner
Reilly

Toronto

Tkachuk
Andersson

Flames get a replacement for Johnny Hockey. Leafs a thoughess for the playoffs. Who says no?
Why not Matthews for Tkachuk and Lindholm….

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Three way trade

To Boston: Kreider (waives NMC for hometown club)

To NYR: Tkachuk

To Calgary: Debrusk, Kakko, Lundkvist, Bos 1st

Probably a bit more in prospects or picks to Calgary from Boston’s side.

Why? Because I want Tkachuk on the Rangers. That’s all. Get in there Drury!
So....

Calgary trades: Tkachuk for Debrusk + Kakko + Lundkvist + Boston 1st
Boston trades: Debrusk + Boston 1st for Kreider
NY trades: Kreider + Kakko + Lundkvist for Tkachuk

Broken down that way, I think the Rangers lose this deal. Calgary gets great value for a player whose value has taken a hit. Boston... that seems fair, but I don't know if it makes sense for their direction.

Solid trade proposal that at least takes into account for needs.

Last edited:

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
So....

Calgary trades: Tkachuk for Debrusk + Kakko + Lundkvist + Boston 1st
Boston trades: Debrusk + Boston 1st for Kreider
NY trades: Kreider + Kakko + Lundkvist for Tkachuk

Broken down that way, I think the Rangers lose this deal. Calgary gets great value for a player who's value has taken a hit. Boston... that seems fair, but I don't know if it makes sense for their direction.

Solid trade proposal that at least takes into account for needs.
It doesnt make sense for Boston at all. They arent trading another 1st + Debrusk for another LW that is 31 and making $6.5 when they already have 2 of those.

Craigo85

Apr 24, 2018
Not trying to turn this into a Leafs thread, and I know Calgary and Toronto are in different situations but this does make me worry about Matthews a bit more.

Hope you guys get a decent haul for him.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Marner had a better PPG and is better defensively.
Marner has been the best RW in the league the last 2 seasons as demonstrated by him being named a first team allstar 2 years in a row.

Yeah all the media who voted Marner as the best RW in the league 2 years in a row are also homers too right?
How does that make him better than Tkachuk who plays LW?:popcorn:

kaddy

Aug 19, 2009
Why not Matthews for Tkachuk and Lindholm….
Matthews - probably won't stay with us.
Lindholm - people don't get how important of a 2 way center he is.
Tkachuk - you don't find players like him very often.

No from the Flames.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
You guys really think Calgary is going to knock it out of the park on the return for Tkachuk?

Calgary has no leverage. Every team knows that Tkachuk is available and they also know that they can get him for nothing after next season as he's probably getting a 1 year deal.

It'll be for picks, incl at least one 1st round pick, prospects, and a couple of players to offset Tkachuk's salary.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Boy you sound like a shitty sibling.
Or, you know, some people want their own lives

I really dont get people who say this so confidently.

You don't think Matthew wants to be a captain? Lead a team? Be "the guy"? You don't think theres a possibility that they would butt heads? It's unfathomable to you that a guy wouldn't want to be underneath his little brother in the team hierarchy, in the eyes of his teammates, and in the hearts and minds of the consumer?

Now, I am not saying that any of these reasons are applicable. But outright dismissing them as possibilities is ridiculously obtuse.

Oh, you're being ridiculous. When have brothers ever had power struggles amongst them? Seems like something out of a fairy tale!
Not power struggle. What happens to Brady when he brother does something detrimental to the team? What happens when Matthews is in a contract dispute? What happens when some player complains to Brady about something his brother is doing on-ice?

It is just asking for trouble,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad