Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
As someone who lives in Calgary and dislikes both the city and team... I honestly feel for you guys. It must be tough to lose not one, but two superstars in such quick succession. At least Tkachuk is worth a ton, so you should get some great assets. There's a lot of good Flames fans out there, so I don't want to bash the fans or see them suffer.

Reactions: Mr Positive

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Doubtful. I'm sure they should love too right more if they thought they could win together.
I really dont get people who say this so confidently.

You don't think Matthew wants to be a captain? Lead a team? Be "the guy"? You don't think theres a possibility that they would butt heads? It's unfathomable to you that a guy wouldn't want to be underneath his little brother in the team hierarchy, in the eyes of his teammates, and in the hearts and minds of the consumer?

Now, I am not saying that any of these reasons are applicable. But outright dismissing them as possibilities is ridiculously obtuse.
Yeah, let's upstage our captain by bringing his older brother onto the team.

Super cool.
Oh, you're being ridiculous. When have brothers ever had power struggles amongst them? Seems like something out of a fairy tale!

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
No joke but while I'd love him on Ottawa our top six has no room. Unless are involving Formenton and I'd rather not.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
DeBrincat-Stutzle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Pinto-Greig

That would be a giant pain in the ass team to play against and I have no idea how it would be cap compliant long term.
You’d have to trade someone to get him dude.

I suspect DeBrincat would make the most sense.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Flames could attach Hanifin to the Tkachuk deal for a mega, mega trade. Don’t forget the rumoured Hall/Vatanen/Bennett/Hanifin deal with NJ.

Reactions: viper0220

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
As someone who lives in Calgary and dislikes both the city and team... I honestly feel for you guys. It must be tough to lose not one, but two superstars in such quick succession. At least Tkachuk is worth a ton, so you should get some great assets. There's a lot of good Flames fans out there, so I don't want to bash the fans or see them suffer.
Why do you dislike the city?

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Now post the pic of him after he was drafted.
Y-NHL-superJumbo.jpg

Reactions: Dieseloil

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I find this situation gross and unnerving. This guy has been excellent for Calgary, wish they could make it work. disappointed for flames fans.

Reactions: Kimota

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why do you dislike the city?
A lot of reasons, but reasons that would get me into trouble if I start discussing it. :laugh: Some people love it here. I personally do not.

Again though, my point is that there's good, decent Flames fans out there and I feel for them. It's a tough situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad