Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
To be fair at the time didn't it look like JG would be staying? (I suppose he hadn't put pen to paper but based on my understanding, it looked like he was going to lock in)

When the 2nd overall pick was on the table, they should’ve gone back to both Tkachuk and Gaudreau and said “in or out?” and faxed them the contracts.

If they say no, have fun in Newark.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
They don’t need to get rid of him. He’s told then he’s not extending.

He can’t accept an offer sheet at this point anyway, but Calgary would love to have Tkachuk at 7x$9.5
Of course they don’t need to get rid of him but when he’s not extending it would make sense to get rid of him now and get full value.
I now know that it’s too late for offer sheets

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Honestly, the over the top COVID rules/regulations etc Canada had in place caused some of this. If this was 3 years ago, i honestly think CGY has a better chance at keeping both guys.

Reular people cna choose where they want to live/work, so its only fair.

They would have to apply for it, or their mom would have had to do it when they were born.
I see the Covid restriction stuff, but I don't see it impacting the Jays which has even more vocal people within the sport (just look at the Royals roster this weekend). Robbie Ray wanted to stay, but Gausman took the offer first, who were the two of the three biggest UFA pitchers last year, and they weren't giving Seiman that deal.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Or jersey can just offer sheet him for $9-9.5 and only give up two firsts a second and third while keeping their top prospects

Deadline for Tkachuk to accept an offer sheet has passed. That's potentially one of the reasons Calgary elected for arbitration, to create that deadline and prevent him from signing elsewhere.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
To me, if I'm Calgary and decided I have to move Tkachuk. I'm not going to the Blues. I'm going to the Devils and getting a bunch of those young players.

Think of the package the Devils can give - a combo of a few of these guys...plus a pick
Mercer
Bratt
Holtz
Sharangovich
Mukhamadullin
Bahl
Zetterlund

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
As an Oilers fan, I know I'm supposed to revel in Calgary's misfortune - but man, it's been a rough stretch for Flames fans lately and I just can't bring myself to kick them while they're still down. I feel sorry for you guys!

The battle of Alberta is at its best when both teams are strong and going full-tilt. Hopefully they can manage this situation well.

kaddy

Aug 19, 2009
As a Flames fan, trading a him is going to be sad. We should get a ton for him in the end.

24 years old coming off a 42 goal and 104 point season. That's not including all the intangible assets he brings other than scoring.

This guy was supposed to be our future captain and lead the team.

brew 4 life

Feb 6, 2020
Just a thought ? Boston: David Pastrnak 6.6 million 1year Brandon Carlo 4.1 for 5 years- Calgary : Matthew Tkachuk RFA signs 9-10 Million Boston gets a power forward?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
As an Oilers fan, I know I'm supposed to revel in Calgary's misfortune - but man, it's been a rough stretch for Flames fans lately and I just can't bring myself to kick them while they're still down. I feel sorry for you guys!

It's time to trade in your Oilers jersey for a Flames one.

• Haha
Reactions: Zenos

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This would be the worst off season in flames history I would have to think of this also happenend. I guess depending on the return.

Is there any package the Sens could put together to put him with his brother? That would be a wrap on the off season for the sens. Not sure what that package would look like or if they could afford him with what his cap will end up being

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
One Alberta team destroyed his chance at happiness, so he took it out on the other.

He's looks pretty happy to me

connor-mcdavid.jpg

USATSI_18365385-scaled.jpg

Reactions: McIce Whole

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This would be the worst off season in flames history I would have to think of this also happenend. I guess depending on the return.

Is there any package the Sens could put together to put him with his brother? That would be a wrap on the off season for the sens. Not sure what that package would look like or if they could afford him with what his cap will end up being
Nah. The day Theo Fleury left was truly the saddest day in Flames history. Fleury was the heart and soul, a hockey icon for a decade when he got traded. Gaudreau not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad