Proposal: Matthew Tkachuk for Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
[QUOTE="Nucklehead Supreme, post: 181327163, member: 125599"]Good thing development isn't......you know.... linear....

When has anyone said we have to get an elite center? Most of us aren't stupid enough to believe that this bad stretch isn't some sort of development anomaly given you know, that he has shown what he can do and won a calder because of it.

You made a post and Canucks fans are saying no and now your throwing a temper tantrum, relax bud.
actually i fully agree with the bolded.

just the tune out of vancouver was a completely different one in ep's rookie season.

no sympathy for the devils.[/QUOTE]

You mean the tune was different his first three seasons? The rookie season was not some sort of anomaly.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
If Treliving wasn't willing to give up Tkachuk for Eichel(.. :skeptic:.. really?) then I seriously doubt he'd give him up for Sulky Brewster.

Pettersson is a talented player and I do think he bounces back eventually but really not convinced he'll ever be the franchise C you need to win in the playoffs. Just doesn't have the skating or strength. Value wise it's closer than Canucks fans probably want to admit but likely favors the Flames, especially when contract status is considered.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If Treliving wasn't willing to give up Tkachuk for Eichel(.. :skeptic:.. really?) then I seriously doubt he'd give him up for Sulky Brewster.

Pettersson is a talented player and I do think he bounces back eventually but really not convinced he'll ever be the franchise C you need to win in the playoffs. Just doesn't have the skating or strength. Value wise it's closer than Canucks fans probably want to admit but likely favors the Flames, especially when contract status is considered.

Yah... so 18 points in 17 playoff games, like do you people know what research is? Like at all?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
You mean the tune was different his first three seasons? The rookie season was not some sort of anomaly.
oh

so during his rookie season the canucks fans already knew, how the next two seasons will turn out. too bad, they didn't look three years into the future.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Yah... so 18 points in 17 playoff games, like do you people know what research is? Like at all?

He has scored 6 goals at even strength in his last 45 games.

Playoff hockey is about a lot more than points. William Karlsson had 16pts in 19 GP just last year, don't think you'll find many who call him a franchise C either. In fact Vegas just went out and acquired one because he isn't. An ancient Jeff Carter was nearly point per game.

Only reason the Nucks made it to the 2nd round was their goalies playing out of their minds and Binnington sucking ass. They were outshot 502-335 by the Blues & Knights. EP played well sure, but 17 playoff games doesn't make a career.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Playoff hockey is about a lot more than points. William Karlsson had 16pts in 19 GP just last year, don't think you'll find many who call him a franchise C either. In fact Vegas just went out and acquired one because he isn't. An ancient Jeff Carter was nearly point per game.

Only reason the Nucks made it to the 2nd round was their goalies playing out of their minds and Binnington sucking ass. They were outshot 502-335 by the Blues & Knights. EP played well sure, but 17 playoff games doesn't make a career.

Never said "it made a career" you said he isn't built for playoff hockey, well 18 points in 17 games says otherwise, of course there is more to playoff hockey then points, but our achilles heel of that entire bubble was our blue line, not Petey who played phenomenal, again research is your friend.

Reactions: Nucks2477

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I know I'm in the minority, but I would trade MT for EP. I think a new coach and a blueline that moves the puck up faster could really help him. Injuries are a bit of a concern with EP, but at his best he controls the flow of the game when he is on the ice. Tkachuk doesn't do that even though he does other things well.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
oh

so during his rookie season the canucks fans already knew, how the next two seasons will turn out. too bad, they didn't look three years into the future.

His first 3 seasons he scored at a .925 PPG, other then this specific season WTF are you talking about?

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Trade based on the assumption that Tkachuk will have agreed to a long term contract extension acceptable to the Canucks. Assume said extension will be in the $9-10m AAV range for 7 or 8 years.
Noooooooo.
Ohh noooo.

Ledge And Dairy

Of course he wasn't willing to trade Tkachuk for someone missing 70% of the season, especially with the team has been playing. You trade for someone like Eichel to play with Tkachuk, not send him the other way.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Have you watched EP play a single game? He brings more than just points.

EP is better than everyone on the Flames, a bad 20 game start to the season doesn't change that.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

EP is better than everyone on the Flames, a bad 20 game start to the season doesn't change that.
Lindholm is better. Lindholm is EP if he wasn't 160 pounds and played with bite. EP also hasn't been the good version of himself in 2 years too.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
OP is a clown and Calgary takes this deal 100% of the time. Way more upside for the Flames here.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lol.

Keep telling yourself that.
It's really not close. He's a lot better. Every stat says so. He's better at every facet of the game. He's more physical, better offensively, better defensively, better in the faceoff dot.

Like it's not close at all. Lindholm might be the most underrated player in the game right now. He just got scored on for the first time at 5 on 5. No one scored on him at 5 on 5 for the first 18 games of the season and he faces elite competition.

Reactions: Jojalu

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
It won't happen but I would dangle Nico Hischier and something else for Matthew Tkatchuk, if the Flames aren't able to fit him under the cap the deals they hand out to Gaudreau, Mangiapane and Kylington. It's not as sexy as Pettersson but Nico is a very good all around player that does all the little things right. With the emergence of Dawson Mercer, he can handle 2nd line minutes pretty easily and adding some much needed size to our smurf cast of forwards would be a major move for us to take that next step.

Nico's our captain and I don't see us moving him but I'd definitly be on board. The Tkatchuk family is also tight with Fitz, so I can see Tkatchuk being in favour of such a move and playing alongside Jack Hughes.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Of course he wasn't willing to trade Tkachuk for someone missing 70% of the season, especially with the team has been playing. You trade for someone like Eichel to play with Tkachuk, not send him the other way.

We have 3 star LWers and Lucic and Coleman eating up significant cap space that also play the position. Eichel is signed for four years after this one and is a big, fast, scoring franchise C, something the Flames have lacked for nearly 25 years. You trade from positions of strength to build a roster, love Tkachuk but would not have been too broken up about him being in an Eichel deal.

EP has a career high of 66 points, has never been in the top 10 for scoring like Gaudreau has twice and is currently, and has never been top 5 in Hart voting like Gaudreau has. His best scoring finish is 23rd. Milan Lucic has more goals than him this season. What exactly in your mind makes him 'better than everyone of the Flames'?

Ledge And Dairy

We have 3 star LWers and Lucic and Coleman eating up significant cap space that also play the position. Eichel is signed for four years after this one and is a big, fast, scoring franchise C, something the Flames have lacked for nearly 25 years. You trade from positions of strength to build a roster, love Tkachuk but would not have been too broken up about him being in an Eichel deal.
Ok sure but as even insiders stated Tkachuk makes no sense for Buffalo since there is no way he would sign long term with a rebuilding team. It was confirmed by Adams that Tkachuk was never even in discussion. Calgary had the assets to acquire Eichel without moving anyone from their current top line or other current core players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad