Proposal: Matthew Tkachuk for Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i don't have a horse in this race and i don't give a crap really but there seems like there's more and more trade offers all the time with rfa's due their qualifying offers . boesar in vancouver, thachuk in calgary, laine in columbus etc . if the team with these players are getting uncomfortable why would another team give up prized assets to take the unknown headache on ?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If you're trading for Pettersson, it's to increase your chances of winning the Cup, so I would think Calgary's preference would be to keep Tkachuk...

If the Canucks are willing to take a step back this season for the purpose of taking 2 steps forward in the coming seasons, I could see something like this being beneficial to both teams...

To Calgary: Pettersson, Boeser (1.5 million retained)

To Vancouver: 2022 1st, Coronato, Zary, Pelletier, Monahan, Lucic

Calgary get a significant upgrade to their middle 6, while also dumping the contracts of Monahan and Lucic

Vancouver get 3 prospects with upside, plus a 2022 1st

Possible Calgary top 9:

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Coleman - Pettersson - Mangiapane
Dube - Backlund - Boeser

So long as either Gaudreau doesn't re-sign, or Tkachuk isn't interested in a long term deal and is traded over the summer, Calgary will have the cap space to retain all their key RFA's. If both Gaudreau and Tkachuk are re-signed, the Flames can move Boeser instead of Tkachuk...

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If you're trading for Pettersson, it's to increase your chances of winning the Cup, so I would think Calgary's preference would be to keep Tkachuk...

If the Canucks are willing to take a step back this season for the purpose of taking 2 steps forward in the coming seasons, I could see something like this being beneficial to both teams...

To Calgary: Pettersson, Boeser (1.5 million retained)

To Vancouver: 2022 1st, Coronato, Zary, Pelletier, Monahan, Lucic

Calgary get a significant upgrade to their middle 6, while also dumping the contracts of Monahan and Lucic

Vancouver get 3 prospects with upside, plus a 2022 1st

Possible Calgary top 9:

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Coleman - Pettersson - Mangiapane
Dube - Backlund - Boeser

So long as either Gaudreau doesn't re-sign, or Tkachuk isn't interested in a long term deal and is traded over the summer, Calgary will have the cap space to retain all their key RFA's. If both Gaudreau and Tkachuk are re-signed, the Flames can move Boeser instead...

Soooooooooooo, trading in division, we give up two of our best players, we take on cap dumps, we take two bad contracts, plus we retain, and we don't address our biggest need (blueline).....

upload_2021-11-22_9-51-44.gif

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Soooooooooooo, trading in division, we give up two of our best players, we take on cap dumps, we take two bad contracts, plus we retain, and we don't address our biggest need (blueline).....

View attachment 482935

That's a cute GIF!

Like I said though, it's a deal that is a step back now for Vancouver in order to take 2 steps forward in the coming seasons...

The retention on Boeser is just for the rest of this season, so it's pretty inconsequential

As for addressing the team's biggest need, if Vancouver were to make a deal like this, it likely means Miller is moved as well, so the Canucks can target D in that trade...

To New York: Miller (50% retained)

To Vancouver: 2022 1st, Kravtsov, Schneider

Rangers get a top 6 C for about 2.7 million

Vancouver get another 2022 1st, an offensive prospect in Kravtsov, and an RD prospect

Vancouver out: Pettersson, Boeser (1.5 million retained), Miller (50% retained)

Vancouver in: CGY's 2022 1st, NYR's 2022 1st, Coronato, Zary, Pelletier, Kravtsov, Schneider, Monahan, Lucic

Possible Canucks lineup in 2023:

Kravtsov - Horvat - Garland
Hoglander - Zary - Podkolzin
Pelletier - Monahan - Coronato

Hughes - Myers
OEL - Schneider
Rathbone - Poolman

And they've got 3 1sts in the upcoming draft...

Lucic and Monahan only have 2 years left, so the Canucks will have ample cap space in the summer of 2024 to go after a big fish in free-agency just as their young players are coming into their prime

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
That's a cute GIF!

Like I said though, it's a deal that is a step back now for Vancouver in order to take 2 steps forward in the coming seasons...

The retention on Boeser is just for the rest of this season, so it's pretty inconsequential

As for addressing the team's biggest need, if Vancouver were to make a deal like this, it likely means Miller is moved as well, so the Canucks can target D in that trade...

To New York: Miller (50% retained)

To Vancouver: 2022 1st, Kravtsov, Schneider

Rangers get a top 6 C for about 2.7 million

Vancouver get another 2022 1st, an offensive prospect in Kravtsov, and an RD prospect

Vancouver out: Pettersson, Boeser (1.5 million retained), Miller (50% retained)

Vancouver in: CGY's 2022 1st, NYR's 2022 1st, Coronato, Zary, Pelletier, Kravtsov, Schneider, Monahan, Lucic

Possible Canucks lineup in 2023:

Kravtsov - Horvat - Garland
Hoglander - Zary - Podkolzin
Pelletier - Monahan - Coronato

Hughes - Myers
OEL - Schneider
Rathbone - Poolman

And they've got 3 1sts in the upcoming draft...

Lucic and Monahan only have 2 years left, so the Canucks will have ample cap space in the summer of 2024 to go after a big fish in free-agency just as their young players are coming into their prime

I still wouldn't do the Flames deal, not giving up two first liners to a division rival without an overpay, just my opinion, I'd absolutely do the Rangers one, though I doubt their fans would like that one.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I still wouldn't do the Flames deal, not giving up two first liners to a division rival without an overpay, just my opinion, I'd absolutely do the Rangers one, though I doubt their fans would like that one.

Pettersson and Boeser have combined for 7 goals, 18 points in 35 games this season...

They're not producing like 1st liners...

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Pettersson and Boeser have combined for 7 goals, 18 points in 35 games this season...

They're not producing like 1st liners...
What a dumb thing to say 18 games in. I guess the previous 150+games don't matter and EatsBread will win the rocket this year. Let's talk when the flames will cool off.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
What a dumb thing to say 18 games in. I guess the previous 150+games don't matter and EatsBread will win the rocket this year.

It's dumb to point out their production this season?

Well, okay then... clearly you're the authority on the matter

Reactions: Duckhugs

likash

Apr 17, 2019
It's dumb to point out their production this season?

Well, okay then... clearly you're the authority on the matter
I'm just saying it's a little premature and silly. You sound like our canuck fans who said Petey was McJesus level in the first 40 games of his career. Remeber when he used to light you guys up?Remember his first game vs the Flames? :DAt least wait half a season. Keep in mid that we have Travis Green as coach and Dim Jim as GM.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Imagine the outcry if Tkachuk had 0 goals and one primary assist at even strength this season? EP has been absolutely atrocious for going on two seasons now - Something is seriously off with him.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Imagine the outcry if Tkachuk had 0 goals and one primary assist at even strength this season? EP has been absolutely atrocious for going on two seasons now - Something is seriously off with him.

Wrong he was fine last year and really picked it up before he got injured

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
And what do you expect when you say... No thanks. We're great on wingers already? No you're not. The Canucks are a dumpster fire with no compete level and the team needs a serious shake up.
EP is playing like shit and if you think someone is going to trade an elite center for him... dream on. Tkachuk is a franchise player who absolutely hates to lose and if anyone can make a difference to the losing culture on the Canucks its him
What has Tkachuk won?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What has Tkachuk won?
Well since you asked...

• Gold medal U-17 Hockey Challenge
  • Gold medal U-18 IIHF World Hockey Championship
  • Bronze medal U-20 IIHF World Hockey Championship (scored 11 points to share the lead with Auston Mathews in American team scoring)
  • Memorial Cup winner
  • Hasn't won any awards or trophies in the NHL yet but neither has Elias Pettersson.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Well since you asked...

• Gold medal U-17 Hockey Challenge
  • Gold medal U-18 IIHF World Hockey Championship
  • Bronze medal U-20 IIHF World Hockey Championship (scored 11 points to share the lead with Auston Mathews in American team scoring)
  • Memorial Cup winner
  • Hasn't won any awards or trophies in the NHL yet but neither has Elias Pettersson.

Awesome, you guys keep him we'll keep Pettersson.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Wrong he was fine last year and really picked it up before he got injured
He missed 30 games (more than the last half of the season) because of a wrist injury on March 1 2021... He hasn't been fine for a long time. For all anyone knows, he still has wrist problems. Or it could be mental problems. Whatever it is.... its painfully obvious to everyone that something is wrong with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad