Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Should’ve been at least ten. Elbows the guy, chirps on his way off the ice after and is a career goon.

If the players really want to get rid of this stuff then the players union needs to agree to longer suspensions. This nonsense should be out of the game.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Major penalties in 6 of his 10 gms

Is this true?

Doesn't seem that crazy.

The guy already hurt 3 players in 10 nhl games (a guy from the leaf, Bastian and Siegenthaler).

And his reaction after he hurt Sieg tells a lot about him.

Some will say my opinion is more emotional than logical but yeah, I admit it, I have a hard time liking guy like this in the game.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Should have kept that chicken wing tucked. It didn't really look too bad but it was probably the angle. I'm guessing he'll be sitting a game for that one.
Must have been one crazy camera angle to keep Siegenthaler from returning to the game lol. Also he's already been suspended 4 games.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Well, either this will be a wakeup call or he'll repeat this and get even longer suspensions in the future - the questions is how many players does he have to take out before he "learns"?

Reactions: TooManyHumans

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I'm not really sure what he's done that is risking the health of other players any more than other players. Hockey is a contact sport.
man, i just simply can not figure out how nearly seven feet of stacked shit flying into the face at speed elbow first might pose a greater than normal risk to a hockey player’s health and safety. it’s crazy how i just can’t seem to understand the most basic of concepts when doing so might undermine my point or the honor of my favorite entertainment property.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I read somewhere he was suspended like every 22 games in his whl career.
I don't know why I didn't just try to look that up.

In 2021-22 he was suspended 4 times: 2021-22 WHL Discipline - Western Hockey League

And he had 111 WHL games. So, almost a suspension every 28 games. Starting early with his 10th career NHL game.

Also noticed he had a check to head and game misconduct this season in the AHL vs Laval. Not sure if that was mentioned in this thread.

Edit: he was also suspended in 2019-20 season: 2019-20 WHL Discipline - Western Hockey League

So yes, 5 times in 111 WHL games. About once every 22 games

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't know why I didn't just try to look that up.

In 2021-22 he was suspended 4 times: 2021-22 WHL Discipline - Western Hockey League

And he had 111 WHL games. So, almost a suspension every 28 games. Starting early with his 10th career NHL game.

Also noticed he had a check to head and game misconduct this season in the AHL vs Laval. Not sure if that was mentioned in this thread.

Edit: he was also suspended in 2019-20 season: 2019-20 WHL Discipline - Western Hockey League

So yes, 5 times in 111 WHL games. About once every 22 games
Damn, I was almost convinced he was a saint by rangers fans.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He said towards the start of the thread that he always admits when he's wrong, so I'm sure when he gets a chance he will respond and do so. I can't see him deflecting and doubling down, because he hates that.
I'm not trying to pile on. But there was a lot of Duck season-Rabbit season going on. Considering he had 3 borderline hits at best that resulted in multiple injuries in just 10 games, usually the behavior starts at the lower level. So, I checked.

As the quoted person saw 60 games of his, I'm not sure if they were all games where he avoided this behavior. But I would think an avid follower of the player would be aware of these things even if they didn't see the games.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I'm not trying to pile on. But there was a lot of Duck season-Rabbit season going on. Considering he had 3 borderline hits at best that resulted in multiple injuries in just 10 games, usually the behavior starts at the lower level. So, I checked.

As the quoted person saw 60 games of his, I'm not sure if they were all games where he avoided this behavior. But I would think an avid follower of the player would be aware of these things even if they didn't see the games.
You don't need to worry about piling on, he's been disproven countless times in this thread about a number of things and it's fun to watch him try to twist his way out, it's kind of the theme at this point. So you are right on topic.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Looks like ol' @GG96 is right again:

Let the Ranger hate wash over you. I’ve been right every time so far. He is going to get 2 games. Now act like this is the worst hit in NHl history for 25 pages

• Haha
Reactions:stampedingviking, EdJovanovski and Jersey Fresh

Almost.

Coulda been a few more, but hopefully lays some groundwork, if not for a lesson learned then at least as a starting point for Rempe's next suspension.

Attachments

• 1710352886210.gif
    1710352886210.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 10
  • 1710352886231.gif
    1710352886231.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 8

bov

Nov 13, 2010
This was a pretty bad one. Not going to help his NHL future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad