Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Um most rangers fans in this thread, myself included, agree the suspension was warranted and it was a dangerous/dumb hit. What more do you want?
Sure but it comes with a….. but.
It deserved a suspension BUT he was bracing himself and Siegenthaler pulled up and he miss timed his hit. All of the excuses that follow negate the acknowledgment

Reactions: Devilsfan118

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I don't get this logic at all, just because the Devils are utter garbage and don't make you pay for playing him, you're assuming some team like Carolina or the Panthers won't utterly destroy you for taking a shitty ass major against them in the playoffs. Keep playing him, most of the league would want that anyway. He's Stu Bickel meets Jacob Trouba.
Look up his fancy stats and try again.

Reactions: bl02

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not sure how thats missing the point. The Rangers are better when he's on the ice. Just correcting your misinformed post.
Players that play 5 mins a night, deployed in predominantly offensive situations generally have skewed advanced metrics.

The point was good teams will make the rags pay for his mistakes (penalties) more.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Players that play 5 mins a night, deployed in predominantly offensive situations generally have skewed advanced metrics.

The point was good teams will make the rags pay for his mistakes (penalties) more.
We'll see. With the suspension coming down i think he'll pull back some. He's an effective player without the huge hits.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
We'll see. With the suspension coming down i think he'll pull back some. He's an effective player without the huge hits.

He didn't pull back after Bastian, regardless if you think the hit was clean, he put the Rags in a shitty spot in the February Devils Rags game and then he got lucky the refs missed a blatant charge v Toronto. And lol Lavi's comments are already proof that your coaching staff doesn't care. "Bracing the boards" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He didn't pull back after Bastian, regardless if you think the hit was clean, he put the Rags in a shitty spot in the February Devils Rags game and then he got lucky the refs missed a blatant charge v Toronto. And lol Lavi's comments are already proof that your coaching staff doesn't care. "Bracing the boards" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glad to see someone has a brain reading my post
He didnt pull back after 2 clean hits? Shocking.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
I don't get this logic at all, just because the Devils are utter garbage and don't make you pay for playing him, you're assuming some team like Carolina or the Panthers won't utterly destroy you for taking a shitty ass major against them in the playoffs. Keep playing him, most of the league would want that anyway. He's Stu Bickel meets Jacob Trouba.
1710383854296.png

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
1 game for Bastian
1 game for Lybushkin
2 games for Siegenthaler
Rempe is a menace.
Dolan has been sporting wood since the Stadium series.

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
The best part of this is that more teams will start drafting guys like this so there will be more of this sort of player in future seasons and at some point the best players will start being injured by reckless head shots. Can't wait to see that play out. This is really doing so much for the game.
A bit dramatic

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A bit dramatic

It’s a copycat league. I don’t think you will see less of this sort of player if he is at all effective over time. Why not have a guy like that to try to injure opponents? After the Wilson thing the Rangers are obviously ok with it and presumably the other Metro teams will follow. At some point if the teams all load up we will see stars get injured on illegal hits. It’s inevitable if the league doesn’t do something to rein it in.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The best part of this is that more teams will start drafting guys like this so there will be more of this sort of player in future seasons and at some point the best players will start being injured by reckless head shots. Can't wait to see that play out. This is really doing so much for the game.

The market for sacrificial big guys who can skate fast in a straight line and have no self-preservation instincts is booming. I always said the league needed goons 2.0. More reckless, faster, punchier. This story never ends poorly, never!

Reactions: My3Sons

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
I have to admit he's got me interested in watching Rangers games. First game back is against the Jets.

If he fights Dillon it's an automatic win for me whenever either of those dopes gets punched in the face. Jets have some size.

Missing Byfuglien like it's a week after the 2010 final

The market for sacrificial big guys who can skate fast in a straight line and have no self-preservation instincts is booming. I always said the league needed goons 2.0. More reckless, faster, punchier. This story never ends poorly, never!
Every team will have a guy named like Brexton Banff who went to jail for throwing a tree at their foreman and led a prison league in PIMs

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Marcus Johansson's jaw would disagree.
My first thought was, what does Brad Marchand have to do with this?

Then it dawned on me that you just used Rempe as an opportunity to whine about any player you don't like.

So, in the spirit of that, I'd like to remind you that your team employed Claude Lemieux for five years or so. A player who was a very very similar player (although far less talented) to Brad Marchand. Does your whining include him, or is that excluded under some sort of homer caveat policy.

Jesus.....

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
My first thought was, what does Brad Marchand have to do with this?

Then it dawned on me that you just used Rempe as an opportunity to whine about any player they don't like.

So, in the spirit of that, I'd like to remind you that your team employed Claude Lemieux for five years or so. A player who was a very very similar player (although far less talented) to Brad Marchand. Does your whining include him, or is that excluded under some sort of homer caveat policy.

Jesus.....
I did what now?

I responded to someone saying that Marchand only slew-foots people by mentioning that he also was suspended for elbowing Johansson in the face.

Take your outrage elsewhere it's severely misplaced. I didn't like Claude Lemieux at the time and I don't like him now. Oh and I like Brad Marchand when he's playing clean but I don't like the dirty stuff he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad