Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The best part of this is that more teams will start drafting guys like this so there will be more of this sort of player in future seasons and at some point the best players will start being injured by reckless head shots. Can't wait to see that play out. This is really doing so much for the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Hunter Gathers

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
Oh Noes!!! They'll never recover from this!!
Siegenthaler is out - maybe even for the rest of the season - due to concussion. do you really think, the Rangers don't have a certain responsibility in that case? It's a joke, when players running around head hunting and hurting players. and it's a shame an organisation supports it.

i lost interest in the Bruins because of guys like Marchand and an organisation who names a guy like that Captain. i respect thei competitivenes but not some of their methods. Even their speaker is a douche.

So yes, i believe any organisation should care about their brand and responsibility.

get well soon Siegenthaler. And hopefully, it's the last injury caused by letting that guy play.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Siegenthaler is out - maybe even for the rest of the season - due to concussion. do you really think, the Rangers don't have a certain responsibility in that case? It's a joke, when players running around head hunting and hurting players. and it's a shame an organisation supports it.

i lost interest in the Bruins because of guys like Marchand and an organisation who names a guy like that Captain. i respect thei competitivenes but not some of their methods. Even their speaker is a douche.

So yes, i believe any organisation should care about their brand and responsibility.

get well soon Siegenthaler. And hopefully, it's the last injury caused by letting that guy play.
Most fans don't care if their players hurt other teams players, it needs to be a 'horrible act of violence" against their team for them to give a shit.

They'll just find a way to diminish their players responsibility to make themselves feel better about it.

Last edited:

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Bottom line is it's this type of BS that the NHL rightly wants to get out of the game and they still won't properly address it via DOPS. It's a joke that you have professionals out there trying to actually play hockey and then this clown is "making a name for himself" with intentional dirty play as his primary focus. Make an example out of him.

Reactions: Oryxo and HBK27

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Again, aside from his filthy mouth how is Avery at all comparable to Rempe?
Both have made quite a few stupid decisions on the ice and have donned the same jersey. Toss in that kid during the playoffs who suckered the Devils fan after the game.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He should've answered for a non-suspendable hit weeks ago?

Macdermid wasn't even on the Devils when the Bastian hit took place. He's certainly not entitled to request Rempe staged fight him. The staged fights need to be out of the league. And the players like Macdermid who cling onto 1M per year salaries because they can throw hands 3 times per year need to be out of the league. Makes the game so much worse. Adds nothing of value.

I know you probably don't like Rempe, and with good reason. Two games against your team, and two of your players have ended up injured. The Bastian one wasn't anything dirty. Bastian put himself in jeopardy, and unfortunately paid the price. The Devils should fire their training staff for allowing him back out onto the ice. The Siegenthaler one was an illegal hit, and he'll get suspended. No argument there. Unfortunate he got injured, but it wasn't that forceful of a hit. He kind of missed his check, and then re-corrected at the last second to take a piece of Siegenthaler. It was clear there was no initial intent to elbow him. Otherwise, he would've elbowed him straight on in the face. He made a rash decision in the middle of the air to try to take a piece of Siegenthaler when he mistimed his initial hit.

But at the same time, there's literally no evidence that he's some bad hockey player that only runs players. All the evidence is to the contrary, so unless you have some substantive argument against his hockey ability, it comes off as emotion, not reason.
i count two spineless weasel

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What is the serious health risk? Watch it again. He clipped Siegenthaler. Didn't hit him straight on. It was illegal, and he'll get suspended. But if there's a serious health risk from clipping a player after mistiming an attempted legal hit, we may as well take hitting out of the game.
you are ascending

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hopefully Triple H and the WWE scouting team have been attending games so they can recruit Rempe. The kid has some good finishing moves.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Bastian was clean, but when you start to see tjat this is the third guy getting hurt by Rempe, you start to see a trend (clean or not)

The suspension is to send a message to tone it down and keep it clean.

He won't get suspended for another Bastian hit, but hes now on the DOPS radar and clearly in their sights

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Bastian was clean, but when you start to see tjat this is the third guy getting hurt by Rempe, you start to see a trend (clean or not)

The suspension is to send a message to tone it down and keep it clean.

He won't get suspended for another Bastian hit, but hes now on the DOPS radar and clearly in their sights

If that was the case, why didn't he get anything about the Lybushkin blatant charge? And if you're suspending a guy for that factor then it's a joke in itself.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Both have made quite a few stupid decisions on the ice and have donned the same jersey. Toss in that kid during the playoffs who suckered the Devils fan after the game.
Yeah, I changed my mind. Fold the franchise. Disgraceful top to bottom.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I’ve refused to go to 2 games as an Islanders fan with season tickets. Rangers games and Flyers games strictly because of the opposing fans. Holy heck do people get drunk and do stupid stuff as a visiting fan more than normal. Even Leafs and Devils fans don’t get that bad when watching games in NVMC/Barclays/UBS.
That sure is something.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Bottom line is it's this type of BS that the NHL rightly wants to get out of the game and they still won't properly address it via DOPS. It's a joke that you have professionals out there trying to actually play hockey and then this clown is "making a name for himself" with intentional dirty play as his primary focus. Make an example out of him.

Yeah, if the NHL actually wanted to clean this stuff up this would be like 20 games for Rempe and 10 for Lavi. Shit would stop pretty quick.

But they wink at it and pretend to care while they actually like that it goes on.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I'm not trying to pile on. But there was a lot of Duck season-Rabbit season going on. Considering he had 3 borderline hits at best that resulted in multiple injuries in just 10 games, usually the behavior starts at the lower level. So, I checked.

As the quoted person saw 60 games of his, I'm not sure if they were all games where he avoided this behavior. But I would think an avid follower of the player would be aware of these things even if they didn't see the games.
he was looking at the games rempe was suspended and couldn't see a single malicious hit from him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

marchand doesn't do anything bad. the slew footing just happen because he is smaller than the other players. :sarcasm:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, if the NHL actually wanted to clean this stuff up this would be like 20 games for Rempe and 10 for Lavi. Shit would stop pretty quick.

But they wink at it and pretend to care while they actually like that it goes on.

They'd never do this, the league enables these type of awful players just as much as the coaches do. This kid getting the absurd PR he is the past couple of weeks is proof that knuckle draggers still run the sport. It's all lip service from coaches saying they care about this shit and they trot out the headshotting bums because they rather have them on their roster to hurt other teams than their stars get targeted, simple as that.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Most fans don't care if their players hurt other teams players, it needs to be a 'horrible act of violence" against their team for them to give a shit.

They'll just find a way to diminish their players responsibility to make themselves feel better about it.
Um most rangers fans in this thread, myself included, agree the suspension was warranted and it was a dangerous/dumb hit. What more do you want?

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Rempe should have gotten 10 games just for breaking the code, let alone the elbow.

20 for elbowing
10 for code breaking
10 for waving thus making a mockery of the game
10 retroactively for the Bastian hit because his actions need to now be evaluated in hindsight

Is 50 too much? Whose to say

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
First it was "he'll be back in the minors after the trade deadline", now the goalposts have moved to "in a month." At some point people are going to have to accept the Rangers like his play and how the team plays with him in the lineup.

I don't get this logic at all, just because the Devils are utter garbage and don't make you pay for playing him, you're assuming some team like Carolina or the Panthers won't utterly destroy you for taking a shitty ass major against them in the playoffs. Keep playing him, most of the league would want that anyway. He's Stu Bickel meets Jacob Trouba.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad