Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
ahh Rempe, only 10 games played and already responsible for 3 head injuries.

But yeah, this kid just need to learn how to use his size, it's not like he looked like a complete pos the way he reacted knowing he just hurt a player.

This is a highly skilled era, please keep us away from dumb guy that can randomly hurt player. We want true hockey, you don't need guys like that to preserve physicality in the game. I just don't understand how people can see guys like this as "valuable player for a team".

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Thought 4-5 would be the verdict. 4 is fine. Hopefully Rempe is less reckless going forward. He is good for the league and fun to watch, but not if he's cheap shotting people. There's a way to be a big physical menace without continually crossing the line.

Yep. The kid has never been dirty in his career up until now. Pretty exemplary record in the minors. This is a good learning experience for him and he's lucky that Siegenthaler is not seriously injured.

He must be the first player to get a 4 game suspension this fast in any major sports league for an on ice/field/court play
The kid is misguided and a menace.
And then you have silliness like this. Just LOL.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Maybe you should try watching the guy play? How come so many of you guys are so clueless about the kid's game? I've never seen more people post just objectively silly stuff.

This is Hockey's Future. Do you guys just . . . not watch the WHL and AHL anymore?

Why are we excited about him as a 3rd/4th liner?

1. He's 6'8" (offensive tackle height);
2. He's 250 pounds (middle linebacker weight);
3. He's an AMAZING skater for his size;
4. He's an average-to-above average skater in the NHL in general;
5. He's defensively responsible;
6. He hits like a f***ing truck;
7. He can fight a bit when needed;
8. His teammates adore him;
9. He was a big, lanky, skilled guy coming up so he's retained some of his offensive skills before his move to being his current freak self.

I mean, I can go on and on. He's a great fit for our team. Sorry that you can't be bothered to watch him play in the minors and learn a bit about his game, though. At least I am here to help :)

Well said.
.4 ppg in his last WHL season and .3 ppg in the AHL doesn’t scream skill. He’s a plug

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Rempe could end up a good player in the league but it isnt easy to change habits. If you are used to trying to get a piece of people on mistimed hits then you are going to get suspensions for hits to the head and knee on knee etc. Guys like Cooke and Torres didn't have their first suspensions for hits until pretty late in their careers. At points when they slowed down or the game got faster. Cooke was suspended for a hit for the first time 11 years into his career.

If he is getting suspended this early it's pretty common that he's gonna be a repeat offender soon enough unless someone works with him a ton or he shows some remorse for headshotting people and tries to avoid it himself. So far the latter seems really unlikely.

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
Maybe you should try watching the guy play? How come so many of you guys are so clueless about the kid's game? I've never seen more people post just objectively silly stuff.

This is Hockey's Future. Do you guys just . . . not watch the WHL and AHL anymore?

Why are we excited about him as a 3rd/4th liner?

1. He's 6'8" (offensive tackle height);
2. He's 250 pounds (middle linebacker weight);
3. He's an AMAZING skater for his size;
4. He's an average-to-above average skater in the NHL in general;
5. He's defensively responsible;
6. He hits like a f***ing truck;
7. He can fight a bit when needed;
8. His teammates adore him;
9. He was a big, lanky, skilled guy coming up so he's retained some of his offensive skills before his move to being his current freak self.

I mean, I can go on and on. He's a great fit for our team. Sorry that you can't be bothered to watch him play in the minors and learn a bit about his game, though. At least I am here to help :)

Well said.
He's played 10 games.

He plays 5 minutes, crashes into guys (often injuring them) while your skilled guys catch their breath.

It seems like a circus over a 4th liner. I get the novelty but he could be back in the minors in a month.

Reactions: PlushMinus

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Yep. The kid has never been dirty in his career up until now. Pretty exemplary record in the minors. This is a good learning experience for him and he's lucky that Siegenthaler is not seriously injured.

And then you have silliness like this. Just LOL.
Wow! You are not a fan of my sarcastalytics ?
I am disappointed that the league could regress because of Rempe but maybe this suspension will knock some sense into him

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He's played 10 games.

He plays 5 minutes, crashes into guys (often injuring them) while your skilled guys catch their breath.

It seems like a circus over a 4th liner. I get the novelty but he could be back in the minors in a month.
First it was "he'll be back in the minors after the trade deadline", now the goalposts have moved to "in a month." At some point people are going to have to accept the Rangers like his play and how the team plays with him in the lineup.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
First it was "he'll be back in the minors after the trade deadline", now the goalposts have moved to "in a month." At some point people are going to have to accept the Rangers like his play and how the team plays with him in the lineup.
Sure. But 10 games isn't that point. He's still a plug in your lineup right now, or at least he will be when not suspended.

• Haha
Reactions: Hunter Gathers

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
Pretty stupid play. Only possible argument I could see for Rempe is that he expected Siegenthaler to continue skating instead of trying to duck back away from the hit. Should (deservedly) sit a few games for that
That is exactly what happened. Anyone thinking he intentionally led with his elbow to his head are out to lunch. That said, it's still on him and he deserves a game or 2.

It's not like the kid hasn't played 100s of games at the chl and ahl level. People are acting like he had 1000 body bags.
I also brace myself from slamming into things by swinging my elbows out in front of me.
You also probably have never played any meaniful hockey in your life

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's played 10 games.

Again, he's played countless games in the WHL and AHL. I've watched probably upwards of 60+ games of his over the years. Did you somehow just flat-out miss the fact that I brought up his entire career?

Wild to just gloss over that since you obviously haven't seen the kid play. I mean, you do you, but that's hilariously bad faith.

Bingo.

The cognitive dissonance is strong with you. Continue twisting yourself in pretzels in an attempt to justify the thug's actions and Laviolette's excuses.

"thug"

JFC. LMFAO.

Sure. But 10 games isn't that point. He's still a plug in your lineup right now, or at least he will be when not suspended.

Just comically ignorant at this point. Just keep not watching guys play and commenting on them, I guess. Do you watch games via a spreadsheet or something? Just box scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad