Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindgren nearly killed Rakell a couple of years ago. They called it a major initially but reviewed it and gave him just the two for roughing. That hit had a lot of similarities to this one, and Lindgren actually left his feet to make the hit. I would argue Rempe's was more by the books. I thought they should have reversed this one last night, too. It's not an easy call by any means but I watched it 20 times and came away pretty convinced it was clean, or certainly not something that was an obvious major penalty, anyway.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
A “roughing” before a fight but not an instigator

The league needs to hammer it out and have everyone on the same page

Instigator should be a double minor or major off of a clean play

I think that if there is no penalty on the original hit than that person should not get 5 for fighting.

Let the instigator sit for 5 and make that team kill off the full 5 min.

Hit is reviewable to make sure it was clean. Penalties are automatic with no other options of roughing or anything like that.

Black and white.

Thats it.

This way people can still fight after a dirty hit with no extra repurcussions, but it would stop the bs after a clean hit.

Would also be fine with 0 PIMs for hitter on clean hit and then a 2 min instigator (automatic) and 2 min delay of game for the unnecessary stoppage and review of a clean hit. The team getting the PP can choose between 5 on 3 or a standard double minor.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lindgren nearly killed Rakell a couple of years ago. They called it a major initially but reviewed it and gave him just the two for roughing. That hit had a lot of similarities to this one, and Lindgren actually left his feet to make the hit. I would argue Rempe's was more by the books. I thought they should have reversed this one last night, too. It's not an easy call by any means but I watched it 20 times and came away pretty convinced it was clean, or certainly not something that was an obvious major penalty, anyway.
I do think the blood made them turn it into a major

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Deadline is 5 games away and depending what the Rangers do Rempe might head back to Hartford. That said for a little over 9 minutes of ice time total in 3 games he's made quite the impression. Everyone even fans of all the teams we've played since his arrival want to talk about him and only him (and not even as concerned their respective teams losing).....even more so than Igor, Artemi and Adam.....or even Jacob who they all have loved to malign in the past but not hardly even a word about the huge hit he put on Bastian after he came back from his clobbering by Matthew. If anything for me it's been entertaining.
young kids need to standout, you can say whatever you want but he has made an impact and stood out. his physicality is also something that teams are more and more going to be aware of and i am certain that defensemen will be aware of it

Reactions: Captain Lindy

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If Rempe provides these kind of hits, without the bloody outcome, he's going to torment other teams. In a series, if he throws 30 hits over 7 games the damage will start to mount.

I can't remember the last time they've had someone that can do this. It's usually wash-up goons at the end of their career. They might have developed one.

He still has plenty of time to mature. If he can figure out how to be a penalty killer it will get him a spot on a roster for a while.
Which Hughes?
Both.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys, I'm really shaking my head at some of you. The head is the primary point of contact AND Bastian was injured. Even on a good hit, that has to be a call.

You would be f***ing apoplectic if this happened to someone on the Rangers.

It is absolutely a major. No supplemental discipline needed.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Rempe vs Bastian, a re-enactment:

1000004089.jpg

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Guys, I'm really shaking my head at some of you. The head is the primary point of contact AND Bastian was injured. Even on a good hit, that has to be a call.

I'm getting pretty f***ing tired of this take: No, I wouldn't be mad at the opposing player, I'd be annoyed (like I am at Lindgren every game) for the Ranger making himself so vulnerable.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022

Nah, some of us call balls and strikes. It was a clean hit doesnt matter who makes the hit or who they hit

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
1) nico
2) meier
3) hughes

Nico kept running igor last postseason and pretended he had no idea what he was doing. Then when troch asked him to go he cowered.

This need to be front of mind every time the Rangers play the Devils. Both Nico and Meier kept "accidentally" falling around Igor's knees during that series. The tepid response from the Rangers was one of the factors that led to that embarrassing collapse. These Devils do not play a clean stand up game.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If Rempe provides these kind of hits, without the bloody outcome, he's going to torment other teams. In a series, if he throws 30 hits over 7 games the damage will start to mount.

I can't remember the last time they've had someone that can do this. It's usually wash-up goons at the end of their career. They might have developed one.

He still has plenty of time to mature. If he can figure out how to be a penalty killer it will get him a spot on a roster for a while.

Both.
With his insane reach coupled with his speed he should be a great PK’er

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Nah, some of us call balls and strikes. It was a clean hit doesnt matter who makes the hit or who they hit
I have been on the site for almost 13 years and have never seen the kind of idealistic impartiality you're describing.

Next time someone makes one of our guys bleed with a clean hit, I'm going to call everyone out with a smile.

Reactions: Lua and maris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad